Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"change Of Plans, Exterminate All Life"...

Zerxen

I was on Kappa, carrying that lovely bag of data on my way to hack the Grineer's system. Then halfway, the Lotus announced, "Change of plans, exterminate all life, leave nothing alive." This happened not once, not twice, but thrice. What's more disheartening is that it happened consecutively. I felt like I'd been trolled all over. I would honestly like Mobile Defense missions to not turn into a standard Exterminate mission.

Perhaps Lotus is bipolar and can't help it?

Then again for all we know, Lotus is telling the Grineer, Infested and Corpus the same damn thing. Change of plans, don't just defend your data, kill those bastards! Kill them all!

I think on the mobile defense missions it shouldn't change however. Whether defense or mobile defense, those should not change.

The only "can't change missions inside mission" i know is Defense (endless ones). All others are susceptible to change whenever Lotus feels like

You forgot Annihilation missions (Boss Fight).

Edited by matrixEXO

And extermination missions. They never switch mission types (the void versions changing to raid was a bug that was 'supposedly' fixed last patch, I have yet to test it myself *doesn't have a extermination tower key* Alert ones I think still have that issue as well).

I find that switching to another mission type without completing the objective is much more rare than an additional objective.

But then, I guess with Mobile Defense, that would be a little hard to do. Would you rather defend the two computers, defend the cryopod and THEN after that, it goes "oh what do you know, there's a hostage/capture npc/spy datamasses/etc, get those now!" after doing all that work defending.

Then, maybe, a Grineer Commander goes "TROLOLOLOLO" and teleports you and your hostage dies as a result.

Oh wow, lookat all that stuff you'd end up losing....

Herp derp infested mission.

Then.... "IT'S THE GRINEER !!!"

Hey don't complain about a GOOD thing, lol.

I love going in for an Infested Exterminate and then Corpus shows up, kills like 10 of the infested for me and the rest are all Corpus.

Love it.

Edited by Xylia

I just kinda laugh when this happens its just dumb.. why would you fly to a planet.. plan this whole god damn mission out, then in 5 seconds the dumb looking *@##$ (lotus) is like "you know what homes, (hahah) i want you to kill everyone or something i guess"

just awful, just awful... used to hate it, still do, only now i find it funny, in a bad way.. >.>

Best time I've had with lotus was when she switched a spy mission after I had finished gathering the four datamasses, she was all like "lol go get four more datamasses" and my allies were all like "screw this abort abort" but I persevered and still only got 2000 credits, thanks lotus <3

Herp derp infested mission.

Then.... "IT'S THE GRINEER !!!"

That's actually the only time the "It's the Grineer" line actually fits into the context.

Best time I've had with lotus was when she switched a spy mission after I had finished gathering the four datamasses, she was all like "lol go get four more datamasses" and my allies were all like "screw this abort abort" but I persevered and still only got 2000 credits, thanks lotus <3

Although it is interesting how the datamass container's corners turn green to indicate datamasses past 4.

The only "can't change missions inside mission" i know is Defense (endless ones). All others are susceptible to change whenever Lotus feels like

And Exterminate. Can't change objective to kill all the things when the objective already was kill all the things.

Also funny how most Mobile Defense missions will spawn way more enemies than Exterminates. I wonder where all the extra 200 enemies went whent he mission got changed...?

I just kinda laugh when this happens its just dumb.. why would you fly to a planet.. plan this whole god damn mission out, then in 5 seconds the dumb looking $#*(@ (lotus) is like "you know what homes, (hahah) i want you to kill everyone or something i guess"

just awful, just awful... used to hate it, still do, only now i find it funny, in a bad way.. >.>

It makes perfect sense.

They send you in there with the intent of hacking into the computers, but before you get there, they're not sure what to expect. When you get there, Lotus looks at the scanning results and sees that the forces on the ground are nowhere near as strong as she originally thought they were, and says "You know what? Just wipe them all out, we'll send a team in to tear the place apart and take what we want".

But if you arrive there, and there's a bit too many guys to just "wipe em all out and take our stuff in leisure", then they stick with the original plan; you hack into the computers to find out EXACTLY what they have and where it is, so you can grab it and go while under fire.

Its a common tactic to overestimate what the enemy has on purpose, just in case you're wrong. If you think the enemy has 100 guys... send enough forces to deal with 150 if you can, just in case. And always leave room for something going wrong whenever possible, have backup plans, etc.

That's what any good leader does.

Edited by Xylia

hmm, yeah, why does Exterminate never change to something else after you are done... oh, yeah, nothing is alive.... BUT we could data mine then... hee hee

Or have Lotus announce that another ship has arrived in response to the ships distress call and now they are boarding the ship to launch and assault against you.

Think of it as a nice bonus.

It went from Exterminate to gather some data and fight your way out.

Or have Lotus announce that another ship has arrived in response to the ships distress call and now they are boarding the ship to launch and assault against you.

Think of it as a nice bonus.

It went from Exterminate to gather some data and fight your way out.

That's a good idea.

Once you kill the last enemy, sometimes Lotus pops up and says something like...

"Well, this just got more interesting. Some [grineer or corpus] showed up. I need you to steal the artifact from the cargo bay before you leave the ship."

Because they were gonna do it once the ship was cleaned out, but the new guys showing up forced her to have you grab it instead, and you'd have to fight through all the guys or something.

Or, we could do a Double Exterminate.

Kill the first group of mobs.

"Well, this just got more interesting... some _____ has shown up! Leave nothing alive on this ship."

And you have to kill those guys too (they'd probably spawn or there'd be a locked area of the level that can't be accessed until you kill the first batch).

OR:

Kill all the guys, more show up, and then they ask you to sabotage the ship because the enemy is clearly not going to leave it alone. Of course you have to fight a bunch of respawning crap between you and the reactor room, and then from the reactor room to the exit. And that type of mission would probably almost always a timed extract (since you're trying to blow the ship).

Edited by Xylia

It makes perfect sense.

They send you in there with the intent of hacking into the computers, but before you get there, they're not sure what to expect. When you get there, Lotus looks at the scanning results and sees that the forces on the ground are nowhere near as strong as she originally thought they were, and says "You know what? Just wipe them all out, we'll send a team in to tear the place apart and take what we want".

But if you arrive there, and there's a bit too many guys to just "wipe em all out and take our stuff in leisure", then they stick with the original plan; you hack into the computers to find out EXACTLY what they have and where it is, so you can grab it and go while under fire.

Its a common tactic to overestimate what the enemy has on purpose, just in case you're wrong. If you think the enemy has 100 guys... send enough forces to deal with 150 if you can, just in case. And always leave room for something going wrong whenever possible, have backup plans, etc.

That's what any good leader does.

That was my take on the exterminate switch as well, it's not "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" all of a a sudden in Lotus' mind, she just goes, "oh, it's just a skeleton crew, don't bother, just kill them and extract, let the techs sort it out".

OT though, it is a bit annoying to get into a mission you're doing specifically for the high enemy count and get told to kill a few dozen guys and leave, you'd just feel ripped off.