The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop culture/Anime theories,stories, mash ups and off topic chats~a chill cafe. Nerds welcome. Otakus needed.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

23 minutes ago, Unus said:

A pity I cannot share in your collective love for Nipponese animation. On the bright side, I can't hate it either, most of my friends are Fairlytale, Jojo, and Beebop cultists. Don't know what they really are, but, that's not the point.

Fairy tale? I mean....i watched the show and didnt hate it, but being a fairy tale "cultist" is just a few levels above being a bronie (which exists and originated in western culture, and because of its existence, no one can make fun of anime anymore with a clear conscience)

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edot

16 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Fairy tale? I mean....i watched the show and didnt hate it, but being a fairy tale "cultist" is just a few levels above being a bronie (which exists and originated in western culture, and because of its existence, no one can make fun of anime anymore with a clear conscience)

Eh, once you live with the extreme, the mundane version hardly bothers you. You smile, you nod, you respond back, and you keep your brain cycling through creating new concepts for. . . well, everything gameing. In a similar vein, I know a few fellows who vitriolicaly despise NipAni on principals I cannot fathom as well, all I questions I ask result in some form of "you weeb to?". In addition, horsewise, I'd love to do a study on "brony" psychology someday, see what in their mental makeup clicks so well with the show. Same thing with the Animal-suitors. 

Edited by Unus

1 minute ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Metro hasnt replied, i wonder if edgy tomoko meme went too far....

I think it might be my walls and responses, didn't seem none to please when I walked in here the first time. Also. . . pl. . . please tell me that's drool and not what I think it is. . .

1 minute ago, Unus said:

Eh, once you live with the extreme, the mundane version hardly bothers you. I know a few fellows who vitriolic despise NipAni on principals I cannot fathom as well, all I questions I ask result in some form of "you weeb to?". In addition, horsewise, I'd love to do a study on "brony" psychology someday, see what in their mental makeup clicks so well with the show. Same thing with the Animal-suitors. 

Dont subject yourself to the horror...

I also wondered about animal lovers, until i went back in time to a few child hood movies like treasure planet and all dogs go to heaven and realize it was just all subliminal messaging. They cant help what they are now.

Put Em Down - Cyanide & Happiness Shorts:

6 minutes ago, Unus said:

I think it might be my walls and responses, didn't seem none to please when I walked in here the first time. Also. . . pl. . . please tell me that's drool and not what I think it is. . .

6 minutes ago, BrownStalin said:

I am starting to wonder what might happen if a mod sees that...

Yes, its drool :D

Of course i should be worried it could be taken the wrong way, but it was alot funnier when edge was in on the jokes. 

Tomokos whole story is that she is innocent and clueless about the world around her (not whole entire story). Everything else that happens is just taken out of context. 

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

1 minute ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Yes, its drool :D

Of course i should be worried it could be taken the wrong way, but it was alot funnier when edge was in on the jokes. 

Tomokos whole story is that she is innocent and clueless about the world around her (not whole entire story). Everything else that happens is just taken out of context. 

If i am not mistaken. Isn't it about how Tomokos is a no life gamer that thought that she was "the stuff" until she went back to school and realized that she had the social skills as you would expect from someone that does nothing but play video games?

2 minutes ago, BrownStalin said:

If i am not mistaken. Isn't it about how Tomokos is a no life gamer that thought that she was "the stuff" until she went back to school and realized that she had the social skills as you would expect from someone that does nothing but play video games?

Mmmm, well, not so much a giant focus on gaming, but yes,  general gist. Actually, if i remember correctly, she was trying to give herself kiss marks (the h word) to make it look like she had a boyfriend

Ahhh, I see, she did have the look of one of those feral children I did a few research projects on. Usually die young, they do.

(Never mind, just my World of Warcraft friend 4 years ago).

Edited by Unus

12 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Mmmm, well, not so much a giant focus on gaming, but yes,  general gist. Actually, if i remember correctly, she was trying to give herself kiss marks (the h word) to make it look like she had a boyfriend

Well, i have never seen the anime and i am just going off of things i read months ago.

Just now, TheMetrocop said:

Qn0An6F.jpg

6 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Are you a certified mad scientist?

Nononono good sir, I am a professional very bored poke-extremely-dead-things-with-a-stick oligist! This thursday, my overlords have deemed me worthy of finally leavening the lab to go on an expedition this Thursday (fondles report paper) DOBBIEISFREE!

(Implodes upon realizeing the amount of paperwork I'll need to do in the aftermath.)

Also, OH, that's the wrong one for hype, the good ones the original done by Charlie Davis' band.

Here.

Edited by Unus