The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop culture/Anime theories,stories, mash ups and off topic chats~a chill cafe. Nerds welcome. Otakus needed.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

Just now, ninja234 said:

Um, well first i need to know the gender,breed and coloration of the pup to name it.

I adopted a 6 month old female dachshund. Her previous family called her Emma, but she does not respond to her name when called. I was going to call her Shredder, cause she shredded an old pair of shoes and started chewing on my hand bag. Good thing its repairable. 

j2GfOJg.jpg

I just can't think of a good name? She's very playful and sweet. And makes cute sounds when plays with my older dog.

Just now, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I adopted a 6 month old female dachshund. Her previous family called her Emma, but she does not respond to her name when called. I was going to call her Shredder, cause she shredded an old pair of shoes and started chewing on my hand bag. Good thing its repairable. 

j2GfOJg.jpg

I just can't think of a good name? She's very playful and sweet. And makes cute sounds when plays with my older dog.

Good female dachshund name, hmmmm, based on the characteristics, hmmmm. how about Limmy 

You can't have taz and wiley. Those are trade marked.

Oh, I call my brother Taz - tazmanian devil. That'll be insulting to the dog in my point of view. Why are they trademarked? Names of your dogs?

12 minutes ago, ninja234 said:

Good female dachshund name, hmmmm, based on the characteristics, hmmmm. how about Limmy 

Okay I'll try it. If she responds to it, then I'll think about it. 

Anything else? 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

j2GfOJg.jpg

Call her "Walking Meat Rod"

1 hour ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Oh, I call my brother Taz - tazmanian devil. That'll be insulting to the dog in my point of view. Why are they trademarked? Names of your dogs?

Anything else? 

Did she respond?

Just now, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

That's very distasteful! I'm pretty sure that's slang for the male organ.

I'm not home yet. I'll let you know, and thank you. 

People name their pets after the male organ before... Besides, doesn't she look like a hotdog? She's also a jerk for chewing the shoes and purse up so.. Yeah she's a D**k.

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord

2 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Anything else? 

Oh no, I wouldn't have suggested them if they weren't up for grabs. My kubrows are, virtual dogs.

Taz was cool, if anything, wiley the coyote is demeaning

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

It is if you want to argue about what anime is by description....:D

Of course it's not in the traditional sense, but I love samurai Jack just as much as I love samurai champloo

Except for the fact that there is only one description of anime...

Anime is an animated series of pictures produced in japan or in a asian country.

While Samurai Jack was an american made animated television series.

And just because you love what ever that weeb :poop: is, doesn't mean it's the same as samurai jack.

22 minutes ago, ninja234 said:

Except for the fact that there is only one description of anime...

Anime is an animated series of pictures produced in japan or in a asian country.

While Samurai Jack was an american made animated television series.

And just because you love what ever that weeb :poop: is, doesn't mean it's the same as samurai jack.

Yeah. I mean, I choose to watch dubbed shows, in the original language. I have an interest in all things foreign, and not all anime is even from Asia.

Samurai Jack is similar to Atla, in that it was created in America, with influences taken from asia (and help)

Samurai champloo is not weebi. There is nothing weebish about any of it really, except the stuff you probably wouldn't watch here normally anyway. Its the same difference as if you sat down to watch American dad, or power rangers.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Fixed a thing

23 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Yeah. I mean, I choose to watch dubbed shows, in the original language. I have an interest in all things foreign, and not all anime is even from Asia.

Samurai Jack is similar to Atla, in that it was created in America, with influences taken from asia (and help)

Samurai champloo is not weebi. There is nothing weebish about any of it really, except the stuff you probably wouldn't watch here normally anyway. Its the same difference as if you sat down to watch American dad, or power rangers.

Ahem, Samurai Jack while having a similar style of anime is not anime because it is not produced in Japan.

Anime literally means Japanese animation for christ's sake.

That's like saying Avatar the last air bender is anime when it's not.

55 minutes ago, ninja234 said:

Ahem, Samurai Jack while having a similar style of anime is not anime because it is not produced in Japan.

Anime literally means Japanese animation for christ's sake.

That's like saying Avatar the last air bender is anime when it's not.

I said samurai Jack is what made me love anime, that does not mean I think that samurai Jack is anime, and its not if the difference between anime and cartoon is the country of origin. Cartoon and anime aren't too distinguishable in any other way to me other wise.

A Japanese person would say that atla is anime, that's the point

Supposedly, i dont have a japanese person to ask at the momemt

1 hour ago, TheMetrocop said:

name it dank memes.

Oh this is so funny. 

Dank! Dank memes! No response as she chews on her toy. 

4 hours ago, ninja234 said:

Did she respond?

Limmy, LiM mi, she stopped and look but still did not come to me.

I'll try something here. Mimi Mimi , oh she dropped her toy and CAME!! SHE CAME! I'll call her Mimi. YEAH! Combo of Limmy with dank memes.

Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Oh this is so funny. 

Dank! Dank memes! No response as she chews on her toy. 

Limmy, LiM mi, she stopped and look but still did not come to me.

I'll try something here. Mimi Mimi , oh she dropped her toy and CAME!! SHE CAME! I'll call her Mimi. YEAH! Combo of Limmy with dank memes.

Thank you very much!

No problem.

I was all excited earlier 

Story time: 2nd week into being a butcher at a grocery store and I'm running solo, cuz the boss took vacation, Randy retired tuesday, the one other guy that closes with me was simply off today, and the only other person who could help was  mysteriously stricken with instant diarrhea that day....

Anywho, im working the counter, and the back room, freezing to death, struggling to put rubber gloves onto stiff unfeeling digits, when I swear honest to God the oracle stops me and says two men are looking for me. Then two guys in sunglasses look my way and head over. My heart stops. The little old lady is not the oracle, I am about to come to my senses, but then George w. Bush is in front of me and says "son, what do I have to do to get those two lobsters". My heart stutters, I feel instant regret for making fun of him as a kid (it was the cool thing to do) and I mentally make a note to close my mouth, not entirely sure it's even open. Its not George w. Bush, but the voice is still throwing me off in my head. This guy is so well dressed, itd take me months of saving up paychecks just to buy his shoes and tie. I can see my reflection in his sunglasses like I'm watching myself on an hd tv screen. Why did I even bother ironing my clothes today?

*Don't stare*

he most likely isn't the ex president. That sounds slightly disrespectful in my head....

I say "Sir, all you have to do is ask*

Maybe Bush says *well I'm asking*

Sh**, how do you respond that? I was trying to be cool, but I should have just grabbed the lobster stick from the get go. I grab the lobster stick. The lobsters don't want to obey the stick. Rich guy #1 and less rich guy#2 are standing next to me watching, clearly enterntained by their life and death struggle. I plunge my arm into the tank, the lobsters are not making this easy.... 

I realize that it was a miracle I had been shown one time before how to do this, but my mind is blanking on how to ring them up and I'm failing at life....

New thing. 

I ask if he needs anything else and abandon the lobsters in a bucket. His assistant/secret service member/ guy behind him in less awesome suglasses/ whom ever discuss with him on how many things he has on his list or something. They ask for sirloin steaks and fillets. I ring those up. Guy legit just tosses the 18 dollar per pound sirloin into his basket like it's a package of bar s hotdogs. No contempt, just...tosses. Most people place it in a certain spot in their cart, usually in the part you put your purse or child.

I stall for time and fidget with the lobster on the scale and ask what he plans to do with it. I remember the code finally. He says he doesn't know, he just asked his son if he wanted anything from the store, and his kid wanted lobster. The kid asked for live lobster. 25 dollars per pound. 

I weigh them. I put them on coney islander trays. I wrap them in plastic, and poke holes. I have to rub ones stomach to try and calm it down ( but it won't fully pull back it's claws, they remain stretched out) so I have to run and get a bigger tray. I wrap, poke holes, and hand them lobsters.

I am just a normal person, living a normal life, wondering if I just sold someone related to George w Bush lobster.....

And another customer told me I looked like spike Lee. Wednesday was...something.

Stuff