Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Again) Volt Prime Builds?

(PSN)Girrafero

Question

So I've also asked this in another section of the forums, (which is why there Is an again) but I wanted to ask a good build for Volt Prime. I've used him as my default and I immediately knew I needed to get him as a Prime since he fit my playstyle. So I grinded for about 1 million hours, and I got him, but the reoccurring question... any advice on a good build for him?

Edited by (PS4)Girrafero

8 answers to this question

Well, he has a couple build options.

I mainly use him for melee so i run a energy build. 

Vitality, prime flow, qt, rage and the remaining spots filled with shocking speed, prime con, transient and streamline. 

That build is pretty solid. You can wreck quite effective in melee range (never end up under 30%damage, that only if people in the squad use speed) and you're guaranteed to have enough energy to set shields and...use his kit in generall but the build may varry if you're gonna use him in a different manner.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Girrafero said:

any advice on a good build for him?

I'd say wait for his rework to be released, but you are console so you likely have at least two months to go.  Beyond that, listen to the guy above me :laugh: 

I use

-Corrosive Projection 

-Redirection

-Blind Rage

-Transient Fortitude

-Stretch

-Narrow Minded

-Primed Continuity

-Primed Flow

-Streamline

>Exilius = Rush 

I get 56 Second Electric Shields, and 22 second Rush @132.0% Speed 

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Well, he has a couple build options.

I mainly use him for melee so i run a energy build. 

Vitality, prime flow, qt, rage and the remaining spots filled with shocking speed, prime con, transient and streamline. 

That build is pretty solid. You can wreck quite effective in melee range (never end up under 30%damage, that only if people in the squad use speed) and you're guaranteed to have enough energy to set shields and...use his kit in generall but the build may varry if you're gonna use him in a different manner.

I would mainly use him not as a tank, but as a lighter armored speedy offensive warframe if that gives you any info, and melee based is most likely what's gonna happen since I pretty much have a lifesteal link for everything on my melee.

My Speed-Volt build (for fast-rushing capture / exterminate / sabotage missions) : 

YNN8XE0.jpg

Got another all-round build (for defense / survival missions) : 

zYttZRI.jpg

Edited by SpryCrow

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Girrafero said:

I would mainly use him not as a tank, but as a lighter armored speedy offensive warframe if that gives you any info, and melee based is most likely what's gonna happen since I pretty much have a lifesteal link for everything on my melee.

I'm using him quite offensive myself, beein cloaked most of the time. Still works out. You'll allways have to deal with stray bullets and radial stuff so carrying QT is absolutely worth it and evrything else flows into self substain to keep them channeling and abilitys going. 

Played raw offensive for quite a while myself but that setup works better for me.