Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction weapons

DeFragMe

Question

11 answers to this question

The simple answer would quite literally be "There's not enough time."

The more extensive answer: Time and resources. It's not as simple as just tossing the weapon onto the enemy (as we can see with the Power Fists and Flameblades, as it looks very janky and doesn't seem to fit their animation sets). You have to take into account the animation, the rigging, the damage balance, and the balance between other enemies in the faction. All this combined with the huge amount of faction weapons we have makes it more complicated the further you get in.

Lore wise, The atterax (according to the wiki) is used as an execution tool by the grineer. It wasn't intended to be used in battle.

The Tonkor is another story. Not sure why it's not being used. Possilbly future enemy?

Edited by Mutt2679

6 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

The simple answer would quite literally be "There's not enough time."

The more extensive answer: Time and resources. It's not as simple as just tossing the weapon onto the enemy (as we can see with the Power Fists and Flameblades, as it looks very janky and doesn't seem to fit their animation sets). You have to take into account the animation, the rigging, the damage balance, and the balance between other enemies in the faction. All this combined with the huge amount of faction weapons we have makes it more complicated the further you get in.

that i know, but it just feels strange..

"here you have the blueprint of a weapon you have never seen bevore but is standart issue for grineer"...

there i would actually think the enemy should have the weapon first and later the warframe.

Edited by DeFragMe

2 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

that i know, but it just feels strange..

"here you have the blueprint of a weapon you have never seen bevore but is standart issue for grineer"...

there i would actually think the enemy should have the weapon first and later the warframe.

Future weapons following the Enemy > Player order would help solve it, yes. When it comes to going back and adding the old stuff though, it'll definitely be a long process.

18 minutes ago, Mutt2679 said:

Lore wise, The atterax (according to the wiki) is used as an execution tool by the grineer. It wasn't intended to be used in battle.

The Tonkor is another story. Not sure why it's not being used. Possilbly future enemy?

It was actually being used by the Nightwatch Reavers during Project Undermine, not sure whether they'll make a return though.

12 minutes ago, Neah said:

It was actually being used by the Nightwatch Reavers during Project Undermine, not sure whether they'll make a return though.

Ah, you are correct with the tonkor. It'd be cool to bring them back

Edited by Mutt2679

23 minutes ago, Neah said:

sadly i missed the nightwatch event, like the shadow one... i tend to take a short breack and everytime i come back at least one event passed..

but if i remember correctly, wasnt it once said that the nightwatch units would return on a newer tilset? might be mixing something up.

1 minute ago, DeFragMe said:

sadly i missed the nightwatch event, like the shadow one... i tend to take a short breack and everytime i come back at least one event passed..

but if i remember correctly, wasnt it once said that the nightwatch units would return on a newer tilset? might be mixing something up.

A lot of us expected the Nightwatch to be reintroduced with Kela De Thaym. Surprisingly, it was not so. Maybe we'll see them in the future.

35 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

A lot of us expected the Nightwatch to be reintroduced with Kela De Thaym. Surprisingly, it was not so. Maybe we'll see them in the future.

Sadly on the Vauban Prime trailer they also showed corpus units with Amprex and another weapon wichs name sliped my mind. They also werent added, wich i personally think is sad.

2 hours ago, Mutt2679 said:

Not a direct reply to Mutt2679, but rather as a general thought: Would you use Tonkor if you were fighting against Tenno? Against Mobile Space Ninjas, a slow-projectile, small-clip grenade launcher that is aoe (but does not explode on impact) with a long fuse? You'd be better off bringing in a shotgun. Or a rocket launcher. Tonkor is, after all, a weapon best used against large masses or a single hard stationary target - Warframes are neither.

Just now, Tomppak said:

Not a direct reply to Mutt2679, but rather as a general thought: Would you use Tonkor if you were fighting against Tenno? Against Mobile Space Ninjas, a slow-projectile, small-clip grenade launcher that is aoe (but does not explode on impact) with a long fuse? You'd be better off bringing in a shotgun. Or a rocket launcher. Tonkor is, after all, a weapon best used against large masses or a single hard stationary target - Warframes are neither.

Well, They ARE grineer afterall, they tend to use inpracticable weapons against Warframes. Ogris is good example, just for some strange reason the ones they use are homing or flaming fireballs, while ours is just a straight knockoff that shoots in a straigth line.

i Could imagine that the ogris is usefull against warframes to, afterall its like throwing a mine or a granade. And the explosion size also is quite decent. More over, since the actually grinner/corpus weapons are sometimes a tad different, who says that the grinner tonkor would bounce THAT much. Could also stick like the Plasma granade on walls.

And, even corpus uses cheap mines to fill the room that explodes on contact. some even dont explode, just giant splash damage fields. And that, we dont have as weapon sadly.... want a sapping osberry weapon..