Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Question]Theses up coming Balances to Ash, Valkyr, Mirage, Excalibur, and Trinity.

Monsterwithin

Question

>Question<

Should I be worried to put any more investment into theses frames?
(Won't go extreme like saying "I will never play them again", or "sell them for extra slots.")

Or will it all be just fine?
Please tell me your answers/thoughts.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

If you're talking about Valk - don't worry about it, Valk should still be viable even with this.

If Excal - He should also still be viable.

If Mirage - Definitely still viable, she just won't be cheesing missions anymore.

If Ash - Can't say yet, but if it's a huge bladestorm nerf, don't even bother with this frame anymore. His first is pointless, his teleport isn't that much better than Loki's, and his cloak is far out-classed by Loki and Ivara both, so yeah, all he has going for him is his 4th, so it'd just be another Mesa Peacemaker situation where the 4th gets nerfed and the rest of the sub-par kit stays as it is.

If Trin - Also can't say yet, but if it's a huge Blessing nerf, again, don't even bother. Her first is pointless, EV is great but if that's all you're using it can get pretty boring, her third isn't bad but there's way better tank abilities, and if they nerf her 4th to be on the same level as Oberon, Equinox, etc, then you might as well just go Equinox instead unless you REALLY want to be an energy battery.

I hope this helps.

1. Never pass any judgment before you see it in action, see how these changes affect the frame in action then decide.
  2. Most of us will give you our way of playing the frames in question which may not suite you at all.
  3. Never over invest in anything when you have a game that changes over time (weekly, monthly) like never,ever, otherwise you will flip.

Lets Update 18.13 goes live, take out these gals and boys out for a sprint then decide.

3 minutes ago, Valsako said:

If you're talking about Valk - don't worry about it, Valk should still be viable even with this.

If Excal - He should also still be viable.

If Mirage - Definitely still viable, she just won't be cheesing missions anymore.

If Ash - Can't say yet, but if it's a huge bladestorm nerf, don't even bother with this frame anymore. His first is pointless, his teleport isn't that much better than Loki's, and his cloak is far out-classed by Loki and Ivara both, so yeah, all he has going for him is his 4th, so it'd just be another Mesa Peacemaker situation where the 4th gets nerfed and the rest of the sub-par kit stays as it is.

If Trin - Also can't say yet, but if it's a huge Blessing nerf, again, don't even bother. Her first is pointless, EV is great but if that's all you're using it can get pretty boring, her third isn't bad but there's way better tank abilities, and if they nerf her 4th to be on the same level as Oberon, Equinox, etc, then you might as well just go Equinox instead unless you REALLY want to be an energy battery.

I hope this helps.

Wow, thanks for the detailed answer!

Talking about Ash, his Duration build is rly top tier for melee combat.

Get Rising Storm, and you can place something else in melee mods instead of body count.

He moves way faster than Ivara in her 3rd skill, and he is way more tankier than Loki. So bringing him to high level sorties with some weapon like War with Primed Reach is really strong. You don't die to fart of Bombard, and you bring a lot of damage.

Just now, Nesit1 said:

Talking about Ash, his Duration build is rly top tier for melee combat.

Get Rising Storm, and you can place something else in melee mods instead of body count.

He moves way faster than Ivara in her 3rd skill, and he is way more tankier than Loki. So bringing him to high level sorties with some weapon like War with Primed Reach is really strong. You don't die to fart of Bombard, and you bring a lot of damage.

Until they nerf him, which they said they're "looking at him".

If the 'frame is fun, you shouldn't regret putting any time into them.

However, changes always are a bit upsetting. Still, there is some cheese that can be dispensed with and it wouldn't be missed by most of the playerbase.

Going on what has been posted on the dev thread, I don't think we'll see anything too terribly groundshaking on those four 'frames, but the adjustments mentioned seem reasonable and I can think of a pretty specific direction DE might be going with Trinity.

I don't think the proposed changes to Valkyr will affect her too much, but from the player's point of view you'll be having to manage hysteria much more closely and be very aware of what is going on around you and when. Good Valkyr players already do this; it'll just be even more necessary to do well with her.  I don't think it'll affect her usual builds too much, but there should be less reliance on duration above all else (which was never a good idea, but that's another topic).

I don't play Excalibur, so can't really say too much. From the outside looking in, it seems that DE wants to reign in the EB spam somewhat. If all you do is just spam EB for entire missions, then you'll have to start thinking a little more outside the box. Otherwise, I don't see it affecting him that much.

Mirage. Ah, Mirage. No more blind-bots. That's a good thing. Enough said.

Ash. Again, I don't play him, so not too much to say. At a guess, DE will reign in bladestorm spam. This would be good for game flow and it'll annoy your fellow travelers less. Presently, there's little reason to be in a team with an Ash that does nothing but. You end up playing the game of "shoot the red target before Ash hits it" and that's not good.

Trinity. I suspect DE will be dealing with perma-99% DR blessing builds--and about time. If this was meant to be a thing, they never should have bothered removing invulnerability from blessing to begin with. Again, if this becomes reality, unimaginative Trin players are going to have to think a bit further outside the duration box and actually use some other powers. Also, those playing in parties with her are going to have to contribute a bit to their own survival and not rely on a constant 99% DR. That's a good thing.