Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

snipetron vandal

DeFragMe

Question

So i was leveling the snipetron in my short playtimes atm, and i noticed something strange.

Around 20% of my shots dont hit where i aim scoped at.

so i was wondering, is this just a thing that only happens to me or am i missing something? 

PS: i dont use accurity decreasing mods

Edited by DeFragMe
clarifying

12 answers to this question

Snipers still have that terrible habit of missing randomly, even while zoomed in.

I haven't seen any official statement from DE knowing this issue, or seeing this as an issue (yes it is a problem for me).

Edited by p3z1

Just now, Le_lutin_magique said:

i noticed this fact from a long time ago. i think snipers arent 100% accurate and some bullets miss target due to large spread.

i usually dont use snipers often, only the rubico a bit more. but on the rubico people often said it is normal.

others on the other hand always say that a sniper has a 100 accurity on aim. first time for me boticing it on something else.

14 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

i usually dont use snipers often, only the rubico a bit more. but on the rubico people often said it is normal.

others on the other hand always say that a sniper has a 100 accurity on aim. first time for me boticing it on something else.

from my experience, I often miss a firing even when the target is motionless and at short distance) with the snipers. I do not use heavy caliber because I think that that would amplify even more this effect of dispersal. I would like a real good accuracy on these weapons.

Edited by Le_lutin_magique

Might be one or two things :

1) Scope sway : You'll notice this easily on sniper rifles with high zoom levels, and it exists for every type of weapon in Warframe, but hurts the long range accuracy of sniper rifles. (I don't think this is your issue, but just putting it out here)

2) Accuracy increase delay : From the point where you click on aim, there is a .4 second window where accuracy increases linearly for sniper rifles. You can easily test this with a delayed scope-fire macro with .1 second increments. The spread gradually decrease until its pinpoint, but latency will sometimes affect the time taken for it to be pinpoint (evident with very laggy hosts). If you 'quickscope' lots, the effect is more apparent.

Edit : Regarding point (2), if you're scoped in already, follow up shots are not affected by it.

Edited by Neah

7 minutes ago, Neah said:

Might be one or two things :

1) Scope sway : You'll notice this easily on sniper rifles with high zoom levels, and it exists for every type of weapon in Warframe, but hurts the long range accuracy of sniper rifles. (I don't think this is your issue, but just putting it out here)

2) Accuracy increase delay : From the point where you click on aim, there is a .4 second window where accuracy increases linearly for sniper rifles. You can easily test this with a delayed scope-fire macro with .1 second increments. The spread gradually decrease until its pinpoint, but latency will sometimes affect the time taken for it to be pinpoint (evident with very laggy hosts). If you 'quickscope' lots, the effect is more apparent.

i thought about the 2) the first time too, but it happens quite often when i stay in zoom and try to hit a enemy further away.

About the 1).... i tend to compensate the sway with the mouse, maybe the server lets it sway in a different direcetion then for me?

3 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

i thought about the 2) the first time too, but it happens quite often when i stay in zoom and try to hit a enemy further away.

About the 1).... i tend to compensate the sway with the mouse, maybe the server lets it sway in a different direcetion then for me?

Nah, its unlikely that the scope sway has anything to do with the server.

13 minutes ago, Neah said:

Nah, its unlikely that the scope sway has anything to do with the server.

well, you never know. Dont think DE ever said it was client sided calculated or Server sided.... but yeah, propably client sided for performance reason, but still. Who knows?