Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

52 minutes ago, Madho said:

We do need Excal for the finisher augment multiplier (in case Crimson Devrish isn't enough for an insta-kill) stacked with the passive (Skana can't OHKO bombard without the extra boost). It's foolproof in simulacrum with only a single corrupt bombard, but the sad thing is we can't do that in actual combat due to the massive amounts of enemies which requires a lot of killing efficiency and without the extra burden of a glitchy LoS.

As others and i said before im not modding on radial blind.To not use exalted blade make excalibur useless . I use volt to stun a group of enemys and deal damage ,if they do not already die i shoot the rest.Much faster as blind and finish em.I myself and i think i can talk for many others , we do not want to play excalibur in such an ineffective way.Also its just more proof exalted blade was not overpowered and is now junk.I mod exalted blade on full power,lv 80 infestet are already a pain. That is a bad joke that needs to get fixed.Not more.

I would throw out EB and make an on / off power which give an armour boost when fighting in melee. Or gives the swords an even greater bonus wit automatic crit or status chance. Whatever. There tons of options, EB does not resolve the issue.

I would gladly omit RB from my blind too, but for any melee weapon (non EB) you can not go without RB. How you use Volt is your preference, it does not have anything to do with Excalibur. Many warframes are more efficient, that is not the point. Excalibur is not properly balanced at the moment and EB made the matter worse.

The classification of War and Gelatin are not swords, they are heavy weapons / blades. They re a completely different category.

That you do not care about the bonus is your personal preference, I respect that, but it does not mean Excalibur does not have it and should not be used. It also means the devs wanted to push Excalibur toward the "swordsman theme". If they want a swordsman frame than they should make a proper one.

Edited by MichaelSD

Galatine and war are greatsword types,every "Blade master" on this planet deserved that title mastered all kind of swords.Schort,long,greadswords , nodachi , katana  and many more.Excalibur use exalted blade with both hands.I do not understand the fact war or galatine are swords he is not a master of.A real master also mastered dual swords.To be honest,i do not know if there is a bonus for dual swords . I do not see many tenno equipped with dual or one handed swords.Only nikana prime.I do not like em. I say that for the reason i do not want to get forced to a specific weapon type.I run around with venka for the look.Exalted blade only care about the mods.My formas and mods are for exalted blade and i also do not want to get forced to rebuild excalibur AGAIN cause he is not efficient enough anymore. Thats bu._sh._  .  

13 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

isn't this what Radial Blind is for? I'm not sure about Wukong, but I don't think Valkyr has a CC ability. Then there's blocking. I've used it to get closer to enemies with Ivara. If I can do it with her not using Prowl or sleep, then Excal should most definitely be able to.

I'm afraid I must apologise; I wasn't being clear. I was thinking of survival mechanisms would allow excalibur to reliably survive in melee range. As others have mentioned, the LOS mechanic on radial blind makes the ability somewhat finicky, and casting radial blind every time I want to engage enemies hardly seems cost effective in terms of energy. And while I do agree that blocking does help somewhat, it does become rather ineffective in higher levels, especially for a supposed melee frame that's supposed to be in the thick of things.

5 hours ago, Madho said:

Well technically he is. He's marketed as a "master of GUN and BLADE"...

I must apologise again, for not being clear. My point was supposd to address people arguing that "excalibur should not have X because he's supposed to be a swordsman". Where they seem to draw the line regarding what a "swordsman" should or shouldn't have is completely arbitrary. That said, I do agree with the rest of what you said. I am a bit intrigued as to what you think might be a good replacement for RB?

1 hour ago, andwar said:

I must apologise again, for not being clear. My point was supposd to address people arguing that "excalibur should not have X because he's supposed to be a swordsman". Where they seem to draw the line regarding what a "swordsman" should or shouldn't have is completely arbitrary. That said, I do agree with the rest of what you said. I am a bit intrigued as to what you think might be a good replacement for RB?

Hijacking this to mention something from pages ago.

Instead of messing with RB, I 50/50 on whether it should stay or go, but we could change RJ into something akin to Vergil's super from Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Creating a rotating ring of blades that would add hits to the combo counter.  As for mechanics, lets say at max rank it has 12 javelins orbiting Excal that, while active, give a decent chunk of armor or % DR but can be sacrificed to rapidly add hits to the combo counter if they strike enemies in combat.

You want another rework of excalibur .AGAIN. I disagree .I want a reason to play him soon,not in months and a high chance that i do not like him.Removed energy cost from slide attack and lower damage fall of. He was fine before the latest nerf. To work again on another , different excalibur?Forget it,i investet enough already . Just want him back .Another excalibur Rework means delete warframe to me. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

You want another rework of excalibur .AGAIN. I disagree .I want a reason to play him soon,not in months and a high chance that i do not like him.Removed energy cost from slide attack and lower damage fall of. He was fine before the latest nerf. To work again on another , different excalibur?Forget it,i investet enough already . Just want him back .Another excalibur Rework means delete warframe to me. 

This is kinda why I spend minimal forma on frames....only as much as necessary. 3 MAXIMUM. 1/2 typically. As for weapons I run with non-meta weapons that are incredibly good, like the Akmagnus, Galatine, or the Dex Sybaris. Weapons that are really really good but are the LEAST likely to find themselves on the wrong end of the nerfhammer. The one exception to this is my Hek, which has like 5 forma on it. When I hit MR12 and get a Vaykor though....

6 hours ago, andwar said:

I'm afraid I must apologise; I wasn't being clear. I was thinking of survival mechanisms would allow excalibur to reliably survive in melee range. As others have mentioned, the LOS mechanic on radial blind makes the ability somewhat finicky, and casting radial blind every time I want to engage enemies hardly seems cost effective in terms of energy. And while I do agree that blocking does help somewhat, it does become rather ineffective in higher levels, especially for a supposed melee frame that's supposed to be in the thick of things.

No need to apologize, fellow Tenno.  We're all just having a friendly discussion.  Thank you for the response.  :D

Just popping in to give a now actually qualified opinion (as opposed to my comments earlier which were based on patch notes).  I finally had the time to take him into the void after the patch (seriously, don't take one of your major requirements during summer session >.>).  So, I just ran 20 minutes in T4S with him, using my tanky build (build shown for reference, not criticism, though if you'd like to inform me I'm an idiot, I'm open to private discussion).  Zenurik Focus was selected, but ability was never activated.  All that being said, and with apologies for being somewhat late to the party...

I actually kind of like where the waves are now.  I can pop a Nullie bubble through a wall, but for everything else, I definitely can feel the encouragement to close.  The waves felt almost more useful as cc from impact procs from 30m or so, to the point where I might need to consider swapping in a 60/60 for one of the 90's on my EB stick.  Vor died in about two seconds, no surprise there.

The slide blind though.  Knowing it cost energy to slide everytime with EB out made me really hesitant to use it, and I just felt hamstrung the entire time.  For a "rework" designed to make him feel more up close and personal, this, really without any hyperbole, COMPLETELY RUINED THE FEEL OF THIS WARFRAME FOR ME.  It felt janky, clunky, held back from ENGAGING IN MELEE COMBAT AS THE PATCH NOTES NOTED IT WAS SUPPOSED TO IMPROVE, and just, overall, awful.  The slide attack was always what made me, at least, feel like a BAMF using Excal with EB.  The blind itself was trivial (as you can see from my build, if I want to blind, there's a button for that).  It was the quickness of being able to close 10 or so meters, have increased evasion, and then deal heavy damage (no, that wasn't just because of the blind, slide attacks are a very strong option).  With knowing I was penalized for that, it really did honestly ruin the experience.  This is a terrible shame, because it took something that was enjoyable if not abused (seriously, whoever used this guy as a turret, just...), and wrecked it.  I wish I could use softer language.  I really, honestly do.  But the previous comments are quite true, and are not overstated at all.  Shame, as I was about to shove another 5 forma into a second Excal (already rank 30 and potatoed) just to have some other build options.

Now, admittedly, with my build, it's still usable.  With Rage/QT/PF and Fleeting on, the cost, while noticeable, is mostly negligible.  Still, it really does ruin the playstyle I enjoyed, which honestly did seem to be the one the "rework" was promoting.  Additionally, that's a 5 forma character with 2 maxed Primed mods and over two hundred hours of play on that specific frame (11% playtime on Excal, 2098 hours total playtime).  I have resources to make it manageable.  On my wife's character (also an Excal, because new frames lol, to paraphrase Scott from a devstream a few months ago), using the slide blind makes EB go bye bye.  I strongly, strongly encourage the dev's to either revert this terrible and wrong headed change, or, if they are unwilling to, just remove the blind.  It's 4% of the area and does not open for finishers for 50% of the cost.  It's not worth it, and it's hamstringing the recommended and promoted playstyle.

TL;DR Comments are exactly as my previous entries from just reading patch notes.  Not bad, but inserting an energy cost on the one single thing that made someone using EB do anything other than ruin their circle button (peasant, sorry, I meant E for you civilized folks), is definitely, without a doubt, the worst design decision DE has made that I've personally been here to witness.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Removed energy cost from slide attack and lower damage fall of. He was fine before the latest nerf. To work again on another , different excalibur?

As you yourself said, you never bothered modding for RB, and I assume that you don't mod for RJ either. So, we have 2 free slots for slotting in more abilities, thus opening up more possibilities and play styles for Excal. It would literally have zero effect on you because you are not using either of these abilities.

6 hours ago, Madho said:

As you yourself said, you never bothered modding for RB, and I assume that you don't mod for RJ either. So, we have 2 free slots for slotting in more abilities, thus opening up more possibilities and play styles for Excal. It would literally have zero effect on you because you are not using either of these abilities.

Im an older warframe player,i played excalibur long befor exalted blade. I know all his abilitys well. I do not bother the others since the patch switch the on/off abilitys work with duration mods. DE said for more varriation but that was exact what they destroyed. Mod for exalted now ruin and all others due to range. I bother not about the others but most here focus on other 4th ability . As i said, i do not want another rework cause it will take months . I do not like him yet,i want to like and play him again NOW. So slide attack energy cost removal would be a good thing to lay a hand on him.

Veteran Excalibur player here (since 2013), been maining Exca with 21% of usage among all of the warframes I own with other frames between 1 - 9 % max.
I've played long before the 1st rework to exalted blade.

Here are my opinions on current Excalibur :

1. Radial Blind with LOS was a logical nerf, it had to happen.

2. Diminishing Sword wave, also makes sense, the blade should be stronger than the wave

3. The slide blind was a bit odd.. I think it definitely needs more range, doesn't have to stun or anything but at the very least make it worth the energy cost.
    since even the slide attack now cost energy, we end up using it sparringly or none at all sometimes.

4. Slash dash needs a little wider cone. enough range though.

5. Radial Javelin severely needs a buff/rework of some sort. we're at the point of ignoring it completely at the moment. yes, sure the augment is nice, but it's just not worth the mod slot when Exalted Blade build is clearly superior, also the combo duration doesn't last very long, the damage is meh, & sword wave still pretty much do everything.

6. Honestly, current Excalibur's sword wave makes me feel like a turret still. Most of the time, my combo duration isn't even increasing since the diminishing sword wave still does the job for me. 

7. Just an idea to throw out there, maybe change radial javelin to a cheap active(not toggle) sword wave skill, where it deals proper damage but diminishes over range. & remove exalted blade's sword wave, while increasing it's effective range instead.
Edited by Veridantus

On 21/06/2016 at 3:57 PM, Ikusias said:

-Snip-

Pretty much this. I took a couple months off from Warframe, and came back to find my favorite one gutted. :(

I can understand wanting Excalibur to be a more up close and personal frame. That fits his theme, and honestly the ranged Exalted Blade stuff was a bit much when the rework first came out. That's a great starting point for changing him, and I say go for it. The problem is that by nerfing the range and providing nothing in return but some higher energy costs, he's left with an expensive sword that isn't noticeably better than a decent melee weapon (and without the ability to maintain combo bonuses like melee weapons can do now, EB isn't exactly amazing). And if he were just using a regular melee weapon, he'd at least have the option of doing slide attacks, right? He's right back to paying energy to do stuff that everyone can do for free (hit people with a sword or slide attack), which if I recall was half the reason he was reworked in the first place.

If you want people to use his abilities in conjunction with one another, look at why they're actually not doing it. People don't use Slash Dash because it sucks. It's like a slide attack that does less damage and has shorter range (if you want the damage of Excalibur's abilities to be relevant, Slash Dash won't take you more than a couple meters, and if it does have range you'll just slash through a dozen enemies and turn around to find them all still alive and barely injured). People don't use Radial Blind with Exalted Blade because either Radial Blind is so brief and short-ranged that there's no point in using it, or Exalted Blade is so weak that you'd be better off with a halfway ranked skana.

I always assumed that "pick one ability when modding and only use that" was the intent of the design, but if not.. I really don't know what to suggest. Punishing people for using standard melee attacks isn't going to do it though. We're still not going to use Slash Dash or Radial Blind with Exalted Blade in a lot of cases, and now we're not going to slide attack either. Or we're just not going to play Excalibur because his energy efficiency is so awful that he just feels like crap to play (with 4+ formas, a primed mod, etc.. he's okay, but like Ikusias says you shouldn't need all that to make a frame playable)

just like the majority of people, the nerf to the energy waves is great idea, now you have to be a swordsman instead of a turret. 

but

The energy cost on the slide RB just makes it unusable, if i wanted to use more energy id just use regular RB, which has better range and can prompt finishers. SO i believe we would prefer and believe it would be better to remove the energy usage on slide or buff it, keep the small range but maybe add finisher or remove the blindall together and just make the regular RB cost less when using EB and replace the slide blind with spin attack that send out multiple wave in various directions. 

or restating the first option just remove the drain!

On 6/20/2016 at 7:00 PM, ThatOddDeer said:

Hijacking this to mention something from pages ago.

Instead of messing with RB, I 50/50 on whether it should stay or go, but we could change RJ into something akin to Vergil's super from Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Creating a rotating ring of blades that would add hits to the combo counter.  As for mechanics, lets say at max rank it has 12 javelins orbiting Excal that, while active, give a decent chunk of armor or % DR but can be sacrificed to rapidly add hits to the combo counter if they strike enemies in combat.

This is probably one of the best ideas i've read on this forum. The rotating blades would work kinda like null star, they'd depend on duration, and instead of them adding survivability to excal (i think EB's dmg reduction does enough, mixed in with RB and the mods QT/Rage/Vitality) these blades would proc status effects based off the mods on your melee weapon, this would encourage and reward the up close and personal intention of excalibur.

The waves do not deal it all.Lv 80 and above its way to weak even build on power like mine.Some ancient infestet are far to strong for only waves. Slide is no option,to many ancients,energy deplete in no time.Guns rule . Remove energycost from slide attacks or remove the smal blind would fix that.Leave the waves,without em excalibur is a starter frame, 6000 rankpoints, not more.

On 21/06/2016 at 6:21 AM, DatDarkOne said:

No need to apologize, fellow Tenno.  We're all just having a friendly discussion.  Thank you for the response.  :D

I'm happy to hear that, tenno; I'm always open to discussion :)

I feel that some of the outrage concerning the EB changes are somewhat exaggerated. I wouldn't say that excalibur has been "nerfed to the ground", or "gutted",  exactly. I tend to agree more with those who say that while EB is not useless, the benefits of its use in its current state barely show when compared to a properly molded set of guns and melee weapons. That is to say, it's not useless, but there's not really much reason to use it. 

I think part of the reason why it might be tricky to balance the ability is because of what EB brings to the table as an ability. Even before the recent changes, EB pretty much functioned as a straightforward, damaging primary and melee rolled into one. It didn't provide much else by means of survivability, mobility, or CC. It's primary purpose is to deal damage, and so if it can kill things faster and more safely than our other weapons, we won't ever use our weapons. Likewise, if it does a poorer (or equally effective) job of killing enemies than the other weapons  we have, there's no reason to use it. It's going to either overshadow everything, or be overshadowed by everything else. A solution I can see would have to come in the form of adding more utility to the ability, rather than just its damage and range. In its current state, EB has combos, which as far as I know, virtually nobody uses; they tend to slow down excels movement, or even reduce his dps when used. If different combos offered different forms of utility like mobility, knockdown, knockdown resistance, damage reflection, etc, EB could be used as more than just a damage-dealing weapon replacement. In fact, since DE has alluded to EB overshadowing the rest of his kit, perhaps there could be a way to integrate his other 3 abilities into his combos as a form of move-cancelling of sorts? Perhaps casting abilities mid-combo could trigger a different variations of the ability? Like someone mentioned before, a modified RJ could come in the former of Vergil's spiral swords, etc. Or dash slash could have a "rapid slash-esque" variant? I'm really just throwing ideas around, so I'm sorry if some of these seem a little silly, or short-sighted.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is just to consider adding more utility to excalibur's ultimate ability. It would give us a more of a reason to use it, and it's worth won't be tied almost entirely on its dps, which is very difficult to balance for considering the nature of an endlessly scaling game like warframe.

Exalted blade overshadows the rest of excalibur kit because hi remaining powers are mediocre and all over the place tematically:

- slash dash should be mobility+damage and an attack vs multiple foes in your path, it does all of it badly, missing most enemies, having ineffective damage even when modded for power strenght, rooting you in place at the end of the dash for no reason and having a cooldown between uses (you get the annoying "power not ready" caption)

- radial blind should be a stun/ panic button, since the change to line of sight its affidability became questionable, with enemies missed for no apparent reason, enemies actually stunned continuing to attack and in general not stopping what they were doing - explain why a blinde+stunned+damaged enemy doesn't stop haking a console in interception please (also why radial blind does damage?!) - fatalities on blinded enemies waste time while instead should have been performed as regular attacks; also cooldown between uses (you get the annoying "power not ready" caption);

- radial javelin was excalibur old ultimate, now should be an area attack... works only with very specialized builds that damage sustainability of his other powers... cool but ineffective and afflicted by radial blind problems with line of sight;

- exalted blade is the first of the exalted weapons and was originally a relatively strong power, with a series of disadvantages, now it got more disadvantages, most quite arbitrary, in the name of not making excalibur a turret, pity al these changes do is removing survivability from the frame and making turreting necessary, hilarious isn't it?

Going more in detail, i personally like the concept of the energy waves as it remainds me of many old coin-op games with ninjas and the like, like the old Strider, and the waves themselves are quite cool - and do much less damage than the energy skana.

Problems with exalted blade are:

- outdamaged in melee by any well modded melee weapon with acolytes mods;

- outdamaged at range by most primary and secondary weapons;

- useless stance with only one useful combo, would have espected all manouvers to do something good, like single enormous waves cleaving the screen and the like, something...

- waves are slow and are tricky to aim bejond a certain range, now lose a lot of damage over range and trough obstacles to boot;

- one very used melee manouver has become an obscene energy sink with no reason;

- excalibur gains very limited survivability while in exalted blade, due to the autoparry while non attacking, unlike valkyr and wukong who get troughly invincible unless nullifiers are present.

Currently this rework nerfed excalibur main utility without giving anything else. I doubt we should be happy with what DE did with its flagship frame so far, game trailers for warframe currently are edging in the false advertising area, both the awakening one and the alad v one.

I've read a lot of proposals and opinions in this thread but I have jet to see any statement from a [DE]veloper - if the aim was to balance excalibur and make him fight more close and personal, well they missed miserably unless they wanted to force all builds to depend on naramon on critical invisibility

1 hour ago, Ikusias said:

Exalted blade overshadows the rest of excalibur kit because hi remaining powers are mediocre and all over the place tematically:

- slash dash should be mobility+damage and an attack vs multiple foes in your path, it does all of it badly, missing most enemies, having ineffective damage even when modded for power strenght, rooting you in place at the end of the dash for no reason and having a cooldown between uses (you get the annoying "power not ready" caption)

- radial blind should be a stun/ panic button, since the change to line of sight its affidability became questionable, with enemies missed for no apparent reason, enemies actually stunned continuing to attack and in general not stopping what they were doing - explain why a blinde+stunned+damaged enemy doesn't stop haking a console in interception please (also why radial blind does damage?!) - fatalities on blinded enemies waste time while instead should have been performed as regular attacks; also cooldown between uses (you get the annoying "power not ready" caption);

- radial javelin was excalibur old ultimate, now should be an area attack... works only with very specialized builds that damage sustainability of his other powers... cool but ineffective and afflicted by radial blind problems with line of sight;

- exalted blade is the first of the exalted weapons and was originally a relatively strong power, with a series of disadvantages, now it got more disadvantages, most quite arbitrary, in the name of not making excalibur a turret, pity al these changes do is removing survivability from the frame and making turreting necessary, hilarious isn't it?

Problems with exalted blade are:

- outdamaged in melee by any well modded melee weapon with acolytes mods;

- outdamaged at range by most primary and secondary weapons;

Okay, you don't know what you are talking about. you have a few well-made point but here are where you're wrong :
1. Slash dash deals the exact same damage as Exalted Blade in every way (yes, it's affected by melee mods as well)
2. Finishers on Radial Blind is useful especially against high level enemies (you literally one shot a lvl 100+ heavy gunner/bombard)
3. Exalted Blade BASE DAMAGE already outdamages every single melee weapon in the game & is affected by melee mods & power mods.  

Edited by Veridantus

43 minutes ago, Veridantus said:

1. Slash dash deals the exact same damage as Exalted Blade in every way (yes, it's affected by melee mods as well)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SD's damage composition is different from EB, only gets the 10% passive damage bonus if the right weapon equipped, and can't crit. So not exactly the same damage, no?

2 hours ago, andwar said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SD's damage composition is different from EB, only gets the 10% passive damage bonus if the right weapon equipped, and can't crit. So not exactly the same damage, no?

Here : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur
Read the ability section on Slash Dash.

*edited : 
you were right.
The damage distribution is slightly differrent. it's 15% impact, 15% puncture, & 70% slash. 
as for crits, not entirely sure, but the base damage is the same of 250 & affected by melee mods.
still, 

• Slash Dash's base damage uses the following expression when accounting for Power Strength:Modified Base Damage = Base Damage × (1 + Base Damage Bonus) × (1 + Power Strength). As an example, with a maxed Steel Charge, Pressure Point, and Intensify, a rank-3 Slash Dash will have 250 × 2.8 × 1.3 = 910 base damage.

910 Base damage is no joke with just steel charge, pressure point & intensify.
Calling it ineffective damage for 7 energy @ 70% efficiency is a joke.

Edited by Veridantus

1 hour ago, Veridantus said:

Here : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur
Read the ability section on Slash Dash.

*edited : 
you were right.
The damage distribution is slightly differrent. it's 15% impact, 15% puncture, & 70% slash. 
as for crits, not entirely sure, but the base damage is the same of 250 & affected by melee mods.
still, 

• Slash Dash's base damage uses the following expression when accounting for Power Strength:Modified Base Damage = Base Damage × (1 + Base Damage Bonus) × (1 + Power Strength). As an example, with a maxed Steel Charge, Pressure Point, and Intensify, a rank-3 Slash Dash will have 250 × 2.8 × 1.3 = 910 base damage.

910 Base damage is no joke with just steel charge, pressure point & intensify.
Calling it ineffective damage for 7 energy @ 70% efficiency is a joke.

910 is no joke....  20000 slash, over 16000 explosion on sancti tigris.  Over 6000 elemental damage on brakk, higher rate of fire and range. Could continiue all day how guns rule.  Who say brakk and tigris needs close range has no clue. Also ivara's bow surpassing exalted blade by far . DPS (Damage peer second ) Even telos boltor deals more damage as exalted blade . The energy cost for slide attacks is a joke.A bad one. Excalibur needs mods on himself and melee weapon . Guns only them self . So much work for that? Think of it, most frames do not even have to aim for their abilitys. We do not need to talk about what nova can do on insane range.Just an example.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

910 is no joke....  20000 slash, over 16000 explosion on sancti tigris.  Over 6000 elemental damage on brakk, higher rate of fire and range. Could continiue all day how guns rule.  Who say brakk and tigris needs close range has no clue. Also ivara's bow surpassing exalted blade by far . DPS (Damage peer second ) Even telos boltor deals more damage as exalted blade . The energy cost for slide attacks is a joke.A bad one. Excalibur needs mods on himself and melee weapon . Guns only them self . So much work for that? Think of it, most frames do not even have to aim for their abilitys. We do not need to talk about what nova can do on insane range.Just an example.

To be fair, guns don't get bonus dmg from invis/blind. 910 is base damage using only 3 mods. not counting elementals damage, crit on exalted blade, damage from the sword wave which is full punchthrough, invis/blind bonus damage, channeling multiplier & now we even have primed pressure point. Excalibur's ability damage is one of the top tier when modded properly, along with Valkyr & Wukong. 

I agree about the slide blind being a dead weight due to energy cost, but saying Excalibur's ability is weak, is ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Veridantus said:

To be fair, guns don't get bonus dmg from invis/blind. 910 is base damage using only 3 mods. not counting elementals damage, crit on exalted blade, damage from the sword wave which is full punchthrough, invis/blind bonus damage, channeling multiplier & now we even have primed pressure point. Excalibur's ability damage is one of the top tier when modded properly, along with Valkyr & Wukong. 

I agree about the slide blind being a dead weight due to energy cost, but saying Excalibur's ability is weak, is ridiculous.

The bonus from slide blind is pretty rare due to the energy cost,the radial blind also if some blindet ,the time for finishers and only one after another is not worth is. I punchtrojgh with every gun. The naramon , hmm.Ok,only grineer. Void and corpus nullifyer do not run into your frame if they can see you. Use naramon and its a pain to get rid of the bubble before they run ino you and turn exalted blade off. Theory is not bad, practical experience is something far more worth.