The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soooo... Magnetize, huh? (Lv 135 Corrupted Heavy Gunners oneshotted)

JesterTheNight

53 minutes ago, JesterTheNight said:

Yes, but as you can see from my Mag build, I have negative str. I've tried with different amounts of str and they all do the same thing, even with 299 str the result is the same.

Edit: Talking about this very specific case of using a Lanka, it definitely changes stuff with different weapons.

I've accomplished this same result (not QUITE the same extent, but pretty darn close) with an unmodded miter....... Different weapons have different effects but almost any projectile weapons as long as they have punchthrough innately OR slapped on with mods- will have this general extremely OP effect. This OP effect also happens WITH beam type weapons such as ignis and glaxion... I took an unmodded glaxion to level 80 heavy gunners. They were dead in seconds. Either something's REALLY wrong with the damage multiplier or something with punchthrough here is not working as it really should- big surprise.

TL;DR it's the ability that's OP more than anything here. Now we wait for the nerf and hope DE manages to find a solution that still makes this general bouncing around possible without it being OP.

1 minute ago, Stratego89 said:

I've accomplished this same result (not QUITE the same extent, but pretty darn close) with an unmodded miter....... Different weapons have different effects but almost any projectile weapons as long as they have punchthrough innately OR slapped on with mods- will have this general extremely OP effect. This OP effect also happens WITH beam type weapons such as ignis and glaxion... I took an unmodded glaxion to level 80 heavy gunners. They were dead in seconds. Either something's REALLY wrong with the damage multiplier or something with punchthrough here is not working as it really should- big surprise.

TL;DR it's the ability that's OP more than anything here. Now we wait for the nerf and hope DE manages to find a solution that still makes this general bouncing around possible without it being OP.

That's quite amazing, we'll see if anything gets changed.

7 minutes ago, Webstermeister said:

Excellent contribution. Good post. Literally upvoted.

I wasn't being facetious either. 

I think DE should nerf EV as well. Infinite energy is too OP.

Good. We agree on something. I wish you actually contributed to this thread, though.

I've done some testing with hitscan sniper rifles. It doesn't work. It's not about the gas proc like someone suggested. I think it's definitely tied to projectiles swimming in the bubble. Most probably an oversight/bug.

Tested Paris Prime. Didn't really work with it.

Edited by SicSlaver

8 minutes ago, AtoKitsune said:

Yes. And it is glorious. Let Mag, Volt and Mesa be top tier. They've been toward the bottom for too long.

If only it were both...but sadly volt is not. If anything he moved in mags rut she was in.

Edited by rawr1254

2 minutes ago, SicSlaver said:

Good. We agree on something. I wish you actually contributed to this thread, though.

I've done some testing with hitscan sniper rifles. It doesn't work. It's not about the gas proc like someone suggested. I think it's definitely tied to projectiles swimming in the bubble. Most probably an oversight/bug.

Needs punch-through

Just now, SicSlaver said:

I don't think it's because of punch-through. I tried it with hitscan sniper rifles with punch-through already.

Yeah, the Miter has the same effect.

Used shred or metal auger? cause lanka has 5m punchthrough maybe try snipertron vandal

4 minutes ago, SicSlaver said:

If it only works with one specific weapon/type and only one type of proc, I can't help but think it's unintended. :/

Thanks for the heads up, though!

Saryn Spores also works waaay better with weapons like that.
I think this is a synergy, as the old Bullet Attractor allowed you to take high level enemies as easy as you watch in this video and that weapon + ability combo doesn't insta-kill whole maps. It just kills groups of enemies. 
But, let's see if this gets nerfed or not.

9 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Used shred or metal auger? cause lanka has 5m punchthrough maybe try snipertron vandal

Yes, I used shred and tried snipetron vandal. Miter only has 1m punchthrough.

Edited by SicSlaver

1 hour ago, SicSlaver said:

I don't think it's because of punch-through. I tried it with hitscan sniper rifles with punch-through already.

Yeah, the Miter has the same effect.

just used a lvl 30 unmoded lanka againt lvl 135 heavys, in a single shot she combo 200 times, maybe its the inate punch-through.

Edited by DRACO_VANWOLF
just add th pic

Just now, DRACO_VANWOLF said:

just used a lvl 30 unmoded lanka againt lvl 135 heavys, in a single shot she combo 200 times, maybe its the inate punch-through.

I already tried weapons with innate punch-through. Snipetron Vandal, bows and more. Only Lanka, Miter and Penta seem to have this weird effect where the bullet stays in the bubble and circles for a really long time.

2 minutes ago, SicSlaver said:

I already tried weapons with innate punch-through. Snipetron Vandal, bows and more. Only Lanka, Miter and Penta seem to have this weird effect where the bullet stays in the bubble and circles for a really long time.

so its innate punch-through non-hit scan weapons

Edited by DRACO_VANWOLF

4 minutes ago, DRACO_VANWOLF said:

so its innate punch-through and non hit scan weapons

As I said, bows didn't work either. Maybe it has to be innate punch-through without having to be fully charged? I don't know.... But then Penta doesn't have punch-through, right? And Miter needs to be charged first to have punch-through....

Edited by SicSlaver