Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

V Polarity Slot In Frames Useless

Centaur

Hi

Have any of you noticed how the V slot is almost useless, there are two mods that can drop for it and both are stupidly rare, in over 100 hours of play i have never even seen a focus.

I feel its quite odd/stupid to have one of the most common slots useless, on nearly every character i have V slots are empty as i have nothing to put in there as i only have 2 continuity mods.

Uhh... Focus is like... one of the most important frame mods and continuity is important as well for many frames... also you missed the 3rd V, Rage.

Just because you're having bad luck doesn't mean the polarity is useless.

Edited by Bakim0n0

I have never seen a Continuity, Rage, or Focus mod drop.  Kinda disappointed, because Continuity might actually be useful.

I'd trade my 18px-V.png to have another 17px-D.png slot in a heartbeat.  I'd even prefer a non-polarized slot so it doesn't cost me extra to put something else in there :P

Focus isn't always that useful, depending on frame. I find this especially annoying on my excal prime. The extra V slot is actually a disadvantage compared to regular excal. I don't want to use focus on that frame, since the only skills I use are super jump and slash dash (though the latter does benefit, it does plenty of damage on its own). I guess I could forma to reduce issues, but still. The extra V slot is really more of a limiter with regards to how well I can mod my frame.

and @demonaii: tons? There are only 3 in existence at the moment. 

Edited by Meenmu

As Habba said Focus isn't that rare of a mod, just go do a high level infested defense mission, I see them drop pretty regularly. I've saw countless continuity's drop in my time of playing but have only ever had 1 rage drop while I was playing.

A bit of a stretch to call them completely useless when Focus is one of the best frame mods in the game for most of the frames.

Uhh... Focus is like... one of the most important frame mods and continuity is important as well for many frames... also you missed the 3rd V, Rage.

Dude , just do high-level defense , u get them very often as reward .

Go Pluto or eris

I've farmed for these mods for so long its not funny, they could at least increase the chance of finding V polarity mods to something in line with the other slots

I've farmed for these mods for so long its not funny, they could at least increase the chance of finding V polarity mods to something in line with the other slots

This was actually fixed pretty much. Go look up what you want to farm here and do some defense missions. 3% is not much by itself, but the waves are pretty quick and it's much better then waiting for something you want to drop from mobs.

Hi

Have any of you noticed how the V slot is almost useless, there are two mods that can drop for it and both are stupidly rare, in over 100 hours of play i have never even seen a focus.

I feel its quite odd/stupid to have one of the most common slots useless, on nearly every character i have V slots are empty as i have nothing to put in there as i only have 2 continuity mods.

mmm... you are just unlucky. and its very warframe depended. for example for frost its very important to have at least 1 V slot. for vauban are 2 V more then welcome.

Focus isn't always that useful, depending on frame. I find this especially annoying on my excal prime. The extra V slot is actually a disadvantage compared to regular excal. I don't want to use focus on that frame, since the only skills I use are super jump and slash dash (though the latter does benefit, it does plenty of damage on its own). I guess I could forma to reduce issues, but still. The extra V slot is really more of a limiter with regards to how well I can mod my frame.

and @demonaii: tons? There are only 3 in existence at the moment. 

uhhhh yeah that's superbly wrong.

Focus extends the distance of slash dash 2-3m on top of adding damage and it also makes super jump go much higher. Focus is THE mod for EVERY frame. Continuity on excal only effects slash dash (adds ~5m) and radial blind.

But please, don't take my word for it, go test it. I hate how many people never actually test things themselves.

The worthless mod to add on excal prime is continuity NOT focus.

Edited by Bakim0n0

The OP really needs to understand this.

Focus and Continuity make my Banshee's Sonar have a 650% damage multiplier for 13 seconds... that's ridiculously good, I wouldn't re-polarize her V slots for anything else.

I understand where he's coming from...

I was at 120 hours played before I got my first focus, continuity, stretch, multishot, etc as a reward or drop. I kept wondering why those affinities were there too. Sometimes the RNG causes players to not know about basic cards like this until well into their WF experience. It'll make more sense as you fill in the blanks on mods, I promise :-)

I have tons of mods for V Polarity Slots...

That's funny, since there are literally 3 frame mods with a V polarity slot.  Rage, continuity, and focus.  I rather frames come with straight dashes or the arrow thingy that's on redirection and vitality personally.  I don't have a focus yet (90 hours), I use continuity a lot, but rage I don't.

Eris-Xini for focus, i have played very little of it past days and i still managed to get one to show up as a reward. and i just added two V polarities to my Saryn so i couldn't disagree more with this non-sense.