Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Aura for HOM Mirage?

DuskLegendary

Question

So guys, it's all in the title. Since the recent nerf today to Prism, I decided to go with a straight DPS build for Mirage. So, what would be the best aura to use on her, Rifle Amp, or Corrosive Projection? I would normally go with Corrosive, but Mirage is a special case, so I'm really not too sure this time around.

10 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Uhh CP of course.

Thanks. I asked because I didn't know if Rifle Amp stacking with HOM + Augment + Eclipse would be more powerful than a single Corrosive Projection, especially since I'm not really planning to use Mirage for group play. Someone recommended Rifle Amp for this build and it struck me as a pretty odd choice and I was wondering if Rifle Amp was somehow more powerful on a build like this, hence my asking. 

But I have the answer I needed, thanks mate.

9 minutes ago, DuskLegendary said:

Thanks. I asked because I didn't know if Rifle Amp stacking with HOM + Augment + Eclipse would be more powerful than a single Corrosive Projection, especially since I'm not really planning to use Mirage for group play. Someone recommended Rifle Amp for this build and it struck me as a pretty odd choice and I was wondering if Rifle Amp was somehow more powerful on a build like this, hence my asking. 

But I have the answer I needed, thanks mate.

Well I mean it all depends too, I mean if your up against corpus the only things there with armor are bursas and oxium ospreys. So I guess if you wanted to with COrpus you could use a shield disruptor aura or an energy siphon. But CP would always be the better mod in the case of grineer/orokin since the enemies there have tons of armor = more dmg reduction. Shields have no damage reduction which is why people mostly dont use the shield disruptor aura. And I tried looking it up before but couldnt find any definite answer on it but the swarm(?) moas for infested give armor to the other infested but I dont know if CP affects that or not.

Edited by rawr1254

2 hours ago, CyrosGenax said:

I might be wrong about this one but isnt cp>rifle amp in every case because simply, with cp you deal 30% more dmg and with r-amp just 27%? Should be the same for Mirage's copies.

No, cp doesnt mean 30% more dmg it just means less dmg reducing armor the enemy has

the problem with aura mods is, that you are expected to bring CP in almost any squad in recruitment chat.

this leaves you 2 choices:

1. you forma each aura slot to fit CP

2. you forma each aura slot to neutral, which indicates 1-2 more forma, and less overall freedom with your frame builds.

Also, CP is the best aura even if going solo. the way armor scaling is right now, at higher levels removing 30% of it is way better than doing flat 30% more damage.

plus, correct me if i'm wrong, but i think rifle amp is only additive with serration: 292% damage instead of 265% is only a ~10% increase

Old post about Rifle Amp vs Corrosive Projection, has a graph and some theory:

Essentially if the enemies have more than 74 armor then Corrosive Projection wins over Rifle Amp. So the question is what kind of enemies you plan on facing, though most are armored especially in higher levels. Worth noting is that Rifle Amp stacks additively with Serration and Heavy Caliber, not multiplicatively like Corrosive Projection.