The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Weapons Are Useless

Maggy_Mag

I mean there is no difference between normal latron and latron prime only 5 damage points. I think prime weapons should do 3x damage to corrupteds to make a difference i mean prime weapons are too simple. they need to buff it

Wrong.

The Latron Prime has higher damage, higher critical chance, an extra polarity, and more ammo.

I also agree that it would be cool to have some sort of "special thing" added to the weapon seeing as its prime and rare.

Edited by Budumpshh

Latron prime has 12.5% more dmg (5 dmg is a lot) and a lot higher crit chance. The crit chance is high enough that it's actually worth it using forma to put in crit mods (gives around 50-60% combined dps boost on the dmg you already have). Those are some serious advantages, making the end game dps of the latron prime almost 50% higher than that of the latron.

According to the wiki the latron prime also has a 10% crit chance, which is higher than the regular latron. 5 more damage and a higher crit chance can make a pretty noticeable difference when fully modded.

The prime weapon I'd like to see buffed is the Reaper Prime...I'm sorry but that weapon is pretty much crap. 10 less damage than Hate, and less charge damage? A higher crit chance and crit damage can't make up for the huge loss on regular and charge attacks. And it costs not only hard-to-get materials from the void, but also TEN Orokin Cells?

Sorry, for a Prime weapon it's just not worth the cost. Not that I'd use it even if it were free...*maybe* if it ignored armor, which it doesn't...

Edited by Mhak

Damage  Ammo    Crit         Polarity

Latron                 40         500      7.5%           V

Latron Prime       45         540      10%        V and -

Hate is technically Reaper...

So Reaper Prime is supposed to be the Prime version of Hate, but with 10 less regular damage, 50 less charge damage, and slower speed?

Oh but it has an additional 5% crit, so that makes up for it I guess.

Edited by CaveCricket48

So Reaper Prime is supposed to be the Prime version of Hate, but with 10 less regular damage, 50 less charge damage, and slower speed?

Oh but it has an additional 5% crit, so that makes up for it I guess.

Orokin Tech is just too Oh-Pee...

Nurf pl0x...

polarity means nothing much now... Since we can use forma... 

Yeah, but to GET Forma, you have to......

1). Hope it drops out of a Void Mission (for which you need a Key)

2). Get a BP from the daily roll (you have to make it which requires two very rare and two semi rare materials + 24 hours waiting time).

3). Get one from a Daily Roll that's already made.

4). Buy One with Platinum.

Having 1-2 polarities on a weapon saves you a lot of freaking time.

Oh, and when you DO get a Forma to use on a weapon?

You have to RELEVEL THE WEAPON ALL OVER AGAIN.

Getting a weapon that's got 2 polarities on it to start with, is like being handed a Lv60 weapon right off the bat.