Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where to farm T2 sabotage key?

hachamoi

Question

Title says so.

We farmed on Malva, Venus yesterday a lot...almost all day

Yes, got T2 keys and a few T3 keys...MD, Defence, Exterminate but not even 1 sabotage...

If anyone actually got T2 sabotage key, can you tell me actual place?

I don't need wiki info because I checked it so that's why I went to Malva :/

9 answers to this question

Malva drops it, it's just that it shares the drop table with other 11 keys. (The remaining T2 and all T3 keys)

Spy missions have some slightly different drop tables, although Tier 3 (Level 26+) Spy missions drops all T2 (common) and T3 (Uncommon) keys.

You can also search on Survival (15min) or Excavation (3 excavators) Tier 2 (level 10 - 20) missions drop T2 (common and T3 (Uncommon), while Tier 3 (Level 20+) drop T3 (Common) and T2 (Uncommon).

I usually advise doing Spy, Cyath on Eris, since it's infested enemies won't raise alarms, so all you need to care about is cameras / lasers. Once you get used to it you can run it in less than 5min, specially if you go with multiple people, each going to their own vault.

Excavation is next with 3 excavators taking exactly 5 minutes (unless you manage to enable more than 1 at once), this is excluding dead time between excavators.

Then Survival, 15mins at least. I don't advise def as doing 15 waves usually takes the longest out of all options.

TL;DR: Keep trying, you'll manage, it's all RNG, keep up with those bloody sacrifices.

any Survival or Excavation that is Lv10+ has equal Chances to get any Void Key in their pools (Rotation B). which includes all Void Keys except Interception(which you can only get in Interception).
changing Missions can make things more interesting to play, but the Chances across ALL are identical.

Spy Missions have all Void Keys save for Interception. for Sabotage II, you'll be looking for Lv10+ Spy Missions.

Defense does not have Sabotage Keys at all, so irrelevant here (and in general tbh, the Chances for Void Keys are quite low)

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

any Survival or Excavation that is Lv10+ has equal Chances to get any Void Key in their pools (Rotation B). which includes all Void Keys except Interception(which you can only get in Interception).
changing Missions can make things more interesting to play, but the Chances across ALL are identical.

Spy Missions have all Void Keys save for Interception. for Sabotage II, you'll be looking for Lv10+ Spy Missions.

Defense does not have Sabotage Keys at all, so irrelevant here (and in general tbh, the Chances for Void Keys are quite low)

3 hours ago, Manyc said:

Malva drops it, it's just that it shares the drop table with other 11 keys. (The remaining T2 and all T3 keys)

Spy missions have some slightly different drop tables, although Tier 3 (Level 26+) Spy missions drops all T2 (common) and T3 (Uncommon) keys.

You can also search on Survival (15min) or Excavation (3 excavators) Tier 2 (level 10 - 20) missions drop T2 (common and T3 (Uncommon), while Tier 3 (Level 20+) drop T3 (Common) and T2 (Uncommon).

I usually advise doing Spy, Cyath on Eris, since it's infested enemies won't raise alarms, so all you need to care about is cameras / lasers. Once you get used to it you can run it in less than 5min, specially if you go with multiple people, each going to their own vault.

Excavation is next with 3 excavators taking exactly 5 minutes (unless you manage to enable more than 1 at once), this is excluding dead time between excavators.

Then Survival, 15mins at least. I don't advise def as doing 15 waves usually takes the longest out of all options.

TL;DR: Keep trying, you'll manage, it's all RNG, keep up with those bloody sacrifices.

OK, I don't have Eris yet so I guess I have to unlock it >.<

will try Malva again also and lvl 10+ spy....wish me luck -.-

Thank you for the reply, guys.

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

I'd like to know your sources if possible.

All Defence missions drop Void keys, Dark Sector drops T1 in Rotation A, T2 in B and T3 on C;

While regular defence missions drop only on Rotation C and the keys it drops is equal to it's tier. Tier 1 Missions yield T1 keys, ... , Tier 3 missions yield T3 keys.

Sad that all of them drop all keys except for Sabotage ones.

Ps2: Sorry, missed the part where you specified they don't have Sabotage keys. Still, that info about Level 10+ Spy dropping it... Spy is very erratic on Tier 2 missions, Tier 1 drops only T1 and Tier 3 has all T2/3. Level 10 is Tier 1.

7 hours ago, hachamoi said:

OK, I don't have Eris yet so I guess I have to unlock it >.<

will try Malva again also and lvl 10+ spy....wish me luck -.-

Thank you for the reply, guys.

Spy is tiered differently from Surv/Exc/Def. and the only Tier of Spy that may drop T2 Sabotage is Tier 3 missions (Level 26+).

(In case you're wondering, since missions say Level xx-yy, the level that defines the tier is the first number (xx))

No use doing lower Spy for T2 Sab unless taiiat delivers a viable source.

Ps: if for some reason the Tier and T's around confuse you, keep in mind that when someone says "T2 key", the T2 means Tower 2, not Tier, Tier is for missions.

Edited by Manyc

The Wiki page Void Keys has a handy table with possible key source locations. If you are not far from unlocking Eris I would advise you to do so. As stated above Cyath is really quick way to get the keys. This is infested ship so much smaller rooms than other missions = less time running between rooms. Also the reward table is biased toward T2 keys that drop more frequently than T3 (at least in my experience).

33 minutes ago, Manyc said:

I'd like to know your sources if possible.

All Defence missions drop Void keys, Dark Sector drops T1 in Rotation A, T2 in B and T3 on C;

Linked page also answers your question why there is no Sab keys from defense mission.

This reddit post was also helpful when I was was looking for T2 Sab keys.  But, ya, Malva.

Trying to get a specific key like this is mind-numbing.  Best to go into these missions with the mindset of stockpiling all keys in general for future use.  Once you do get the key, running key-sharing missions with clan members or even setting up key-sharing runs in Recruitment chat is a good way to improve your chances - more runs, more drops.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

The Wiki page Void Keys has a handy table with possible key source locations. If you are not far from unlocking Eris I would advise you to do so. As stated above Cyath is really quick way to get the keys. This is infested ship so much smaller rooms than other missions = less time running between rooms. Also the reward table is biased toward T2 keys that drop more frequently than T3 (at least in my experience).

Linked page also answers your question why there is no Sab keys from defense mission.

Edited previous post as I missed that taiiat specified about the Defense topic. Apologies for that.

I used to use that page on wikia, sadly the table is outdated and with plenty of wrong information (shame as I usually used it to try to teach around, not anymore).

I'm open to share complete and viable sources, through PM.

5 hours ago, Manyc said:

No use doing lower Spy for T2 Sab unless taiiat delivers a viable source.

you haven't presented one either. so then both of us are wrong until proven right, in standard scientific practice.

however, going and double checking the sheet, Sabotage II is only in Spy Tier III (Neptune, Eris, Ceres, Pluto), yes.