Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Brand New Draco

Noir

Question

Hey everyone,

I made a post in the past explaining the mechanics of Affinity as well as a efficient way to run Draco. 

Now, as of update 18.13, many frames were reworked, and though characters like Trinity, Mirage, and Volt were "nerfed" (in my opinion), some other frames were changed in a way that opened up new possibilities. (In this case, a new way to run Draco)

The topic here is primarily going to be about Mag. Now that her 2 (Magnetize), 3 (Polarize), and 4 (Crush) were "fixed", she can do damage to not only Corpus but also Grineer (I haven't tested this with Infested units yet). 

In my previous post, I stated a method which involved using RJ Excal, EV Trinity, and any buffer which includes Rhino, Frost, Mirage, or Oberon. After trying out Mag for focus farming, I realized I could obtain 30% if not 50% more focus/affinity rather than using RJ Excal (I could do much more damage using Mag than Excalibur).

Here is how you do it:

With the rework, Mag's abilities now sort of melt together. Her 1 brings enemies closer to you, her 2 (which is really irrelevant in this case) provides some CC or shielding, her 3 de-buffs armor & deals damage directly to health, and her 4 still smacks units to the ground, BUT NOW, if the enemy is Magnetized, the fourth ability will deal bonus damage.

To maximize the power and effectiveness of these abilities, I would cast Polarize (3), use Pull (1) once or twice to bring enemies closer to the bubble made by polarize, and finally use Crush (4) to finish off any survivors. My current build for this method is --->

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkulfqf8okos63u/20160530195111_1.jpg?dl=0

I tried to balance Duration and Strength so Mag could not only do more damage but also have a longer reach on her Polarize and also I tried to sustain a decent range for her Pull and Crush (efficiency had to become negative in order for these factors to work out so EV Trinity is defiantly a necessity).

So now when you apply this to the older method of Draco, you would swap RJ with Mag to form a squad of Mag, Trinity, and a buffer.

I hope this helped you out and maybe even convinced you to invest your time into Mag.

Thanks and have a nice day!

iCoupe

Edited by iCoupe

9 answers to this question

This thread gave me cancer... It's not even been a week since the nerfs to keep people from exploiting/cheesing and people are openly posting guides on forums about how to cheese with new stuff.

When will you guys finally get the point that DE wants what you're doing to stop?

2 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

This thread gave me cancer... It's not even been a week since the nerfs to keep people from exploiting/cheesing and people are openly posting guides on forums about how to cheese with new stuff.

When will you guys finally get the point that DE wants what you're doing to stop?

It will never stop people will always find the easier way that's why they need to stop trying.

1 minute ago, Stratego89 said:

It needs to stop.

It's time to stop.

This is not okay.

This needs to stop.

Edited by --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--