The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Mods Randomized?

Raigoth

In theory an end of mission trading system will make this largely irrelevant, well when playing with friends at least. I don't mind the fact that it's random, but it would be really nice if I got a mod someone else needed if I could just give it to them since we were in the same mission. This is the type of system DE_Steve mentioned the last time trading came up, so let's hope it appears sooner than later.

I wondered that myself.

Resources, ammo, energy, affinity is all the same amount.

Why not mods?

Actually, resources drop different amounts per player.

Sometimes, even resource types are different. E.g. a boss will drop Neural Sensors for one player and Orokin Cell for another on the same mission.

Not true. They have always been random.

It was a lot closer than fully random back in the old system, at least in my experience.  If someone got a warframe mod, it'd be a warframe or specific frame (volt, excalibur, etc) mod for everyone else.  Not necessarily the same mod, but from the same category.

Edited by Skytt

It was a lot closer than fully random back in the old system, at least in my experience.  If someone got a warframe mod, it'd be a warframe or specific frame (volt, excalibur, etc) mod for everyone else.  Not necessarily the same mod, but from the same category.

Yuuup!  Like you had this awesome say AP and Fire damage duo mod for rifles. your friend in the same mission could probably get a weak firedamage mod for example. well it was like that.  Gods i still remember the old defence rooms... how i miss dem

I think it's to prevent people from having to communicate what mod dropped and people flat out ignoring picking them up.

I think this is likely a big part of it. They want every mod to possibly be that Flow or Hells Chamber etc. the player has been looking for.

Yuuup!  Like you had this awesome say AP and Fire damage duo mod for rifles. your friend in the same mission could probably get a weak firedamage mod for example. well it was like that.  Gods i still remember the old defence rooms... how i miss dem

I feel you!