The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Semi-Confirmed] 4V4 Pvp, Straight From Scott's Beard!

Lumireaver

Must admit the guy has been scaring me some what recently. Ive yet to see him post anything that I can disagree with him on yet. If I believed in time/dimensional travel (outside of books games tv films) then I'd say he was me.....

Skeloton 3:59

Awh! Look at this little guy, acting like DE's 'wittle white knight, adorably defending their honor and attacking everyone's opinions in blind, zealous loyalty! So cute!

I find it interesting that sometimes I want to write about something only to find out FatalX7 already made the post with the same point. So he is partially responsible for my current post count.

Anyway you are just proving his point about complete "voidness" of certain posts. If you actually made an effort to read his posts carefully you would find that the idea of interchanging PvP mods actually makes a lot of sense beside other ideas.

So instead of getting into completely useless replies where you just present yourself as even bigger #$&(% then before, you should probably pay more attention and try to be a bit more constructive.

@Blatantfool You can't judge how PvP in this game could be, based solely on the tiny minuscule dueling room that only has one game mode, with the many broken and un-PvP balanced abilities.   Even still, I've been in a number of very entertaining matches.  Frost vs Frost was pretty hilarious, when we had two snowglobes on top of each other, creating a slow motion battlefield in the center of the Dueling room.

I find it interesting that sometimes I want to write about something only to find out FatalX7 already made the post with the same point. So he is partially responsible for my current post count.Anyway you are just proving his point about complete "voidness" of certain posts. If you actually made an effort to read his posts carefully you would find that the idea of interchanging PvP mods actually makes a lot of sense beside other ideas.So instead of getting into completely useless replies where you just present yourself as even bigger #$&(% then before, you should probably pay more attention and try to be a bit more constructive.

Some people are toxic in nature. You get what I mean? =p

Well, I have read many posts of fatalx7 and he is usually making sense. I just don't understand why sibris would inject this thread with toxic.

Edited by Zoet

I came over here from GunZ: The Duel. 

Game:
- Is PvP focused, there was a less than recent addition of a PvE quest mode
- Offers freedom of movement that is unrivaled, Warframe is as close to this game as I have played, just imagine moving 5x faster and more free in movement
- Weapon of choice is double shotguns, everyone dies in 2~4 good hits

The game is still ridiculously fun, the American scene slightly died out (the game is 10+ years old by now) but it's the Korean equivalent of counterstrike and they're making a GtD2, but to focus on the repeated points in this game: basically 1 hit gameplay isn't bad and can be real fun. My personal idea is to exponentially increase the bullet damage decay from range for most weapons and probably lower all skill effects by ~80% as a hotfix, and leave the players themselves to play.

Remember, it's just an extra option, and it's not forced - don't balance it, just make it not broken.
Gunz gameplay: 

Too bad nobody uses gunz in GunZ and people are too busy crying about no k-style in GunZ 2.

GunZ 2 looks very cool. It has PvP and PvE with gigantic bosses. It'll definitely be the go-to game for people who can't find what they want here.

Can't wait for it to go on Steam.

Edited by FatalX7

Skeloton 3:59

Oh so you've read those posts, ones I 1/2 writ in sarcasm and the other in all seriousness.

Ontopic. PvP usually dooms PvE because the Devs balance the game through PvP which does not help PvE in the slightest. I just hope that DE don't do this.

Oh so you've read those posts, ones I 1/2 writ in sarcasm and the other in all seriousness.

Ontopic. PvP usually dooms PvE because the Devs balance the game through PvP which does not help PvE in the slightest. I just hope that DE don't do this.

Which is one reason why the Mod Card system was created.

The Mod Card system allows for the implementation of new mods and abilities, and without requiring high levels to access them like the old mod system. Those mods and abilities can also be made PvE and PvP-specific.

I don't know how difficult it would be to set up multiple variables for weapon statistics. As in, Strun does so and so damage to players and so and so damage to NPCs.

Which is one reason why the Mod Card system was created.

The Mod Card system allows for the implementation of new mods and abilities, and without requiring high levels to access them like the old mod system. Those mods and abilities can also be made PvE and PvP-specific.

I don't know how difficult it would be to set up multiple variables for weapon statistics. As in, Strun does so and so damage to players and so and so damage to NPCs.

Not super hard. City of Heroes did it for their PvP zones.

HOWEVER, having to constantly be on the PvP balance issues means less time to deal with PvE balance issues. It also means that if the Developers make a new weapon they have to both make it for PvP and PvE and create two sets of stats. They don't necessarily have to make the PvP stats right away, but eventually they will have to.

I came over here from GunZ: The Duel. 

Game:

- Is PvP focused, there was a less than recent addition of a PvE quest mode

- Offers freedom of movement that is unrivaled, Warframe is as close to this game as I have played, just imagine moving 5x faster and more free in movement

- Weapon of choice is double shotguns, everyone dies in 2~4 good hits

The game is still ridiculously fun, the American scene slightly died out (the game is 10+ years old by now) but it's the Korean equivalent of counterstrike and they're making a GtD2, but to focus on the repeated points in this game: basically 1 hit gameplay isn't bad and can be real fun. My personal idea is to exponentially increase the bullet damage decay from range for most weapons and probably lower all skill effects by ~80% as a hotfix, and leave the players themselves to play.

Remember, it's just an extra option, and it's not forced - don't balance it, just make it not broken.

Gunz gameplay: 

I am also a former gunz player and honestly, i am not fond of the k-styles and stuff you can do because for me, the learning curve is much steeper for beginners. And double shotgun will be so cool if they can balance the dmg somehow lol. I believe you can one hit enemies if you forma and potato yours guns with the correct mod set-up (depending on the gun too).

I am also a former gunz player and honestly, i am not fond of the k-styles and stuff you can do because for me, the learning curve is much steeper for beginners. And double shotgun will be so cool if they can balance the dmg somehow lol. I believe you can one hit enemies if you forma and potato yours guns with the correct mod set-up (depending on the gun too).

Yeah, there's much more leeway with Gunz cause the mobility actually matters to the point that you can relatively dodge shots :I

Kinda wish they just nerfed all the damage in PvP OR force-disable any mods on the weapons and just say "Lets see where it goes from here". 

GunZ 2 looks fantastic, gonna be a real toss-up between that and Warframe. I love Warframe's RPG elements and the mod system, but I really wish they made it PvP friendly. Pretty much everyone I know irl/in-clan is just waiting for it, since we do have some fun dueling with unmodded weapons and the like.

Not super hard. City of Heroes did it for their PvP zones.

HOWEVER, having to constantly be on the PvP balance issues means less time to deal with PvE balance issues. It also means that if the Developers make a new weapon they have to both make it for PvP and PvE and create two sets of stats. They don't necessarily have to make the PvP stats right away, but eventually they will have to.

Having PvP also means that more than one group of players is being catered to, which potentially equates to more players spending money, which means more money for PvE or whatever resources they need.

No matter what. People will get the choice to play the game however they want to play it. I don't think it will divide the player-base up too much at all.

4vs4 PvP is still a form of cooperative gaming. It's competitive cooperative team play. So that's still a form of coop. I think it will go well with this game.

I'd rather they wouldn't waste their time tacking on some superfluous PVP mode as a gesture to the lowest comon denominator. Warframe is a game that is designed purely around co-op PVE, and sold to people as being purely co-op PVE. I don't mind the Dev's adding stuff on the side, like PVP or a kart racer or whatever, but the core of the game is still far from complete and that needs to be priority #1.

I'd rather they wouldn't waste their time tacking on some superfluous PVP mode as a gesture to the lowest comon denominator. Warframe is a game that is designed purely around co-op PVE, and sold to people as being purely co-op PVE. I don't mind the Dev's adding stuff on the side, like PVP or a kart racer or whatever, but the core of the game is still far from complete and that needs to be priority #1.

It's a beta... that means new additions, content, game modes, ect is part of it being a beta. The game is nowhere close to finished yet and it's constantly evolving. Once Warframe is near completion we'll see what the game is supposed to be like. Personally, I think the more game modes we have the better. I'd love to see more PvE game modes as well. But I think having some sort of team-based PvP is a great idea. As long as it doesn't compromise the integrity of the PvE currently implemented.

Having PvP also means that more than one group of players is being catered to, which potentially equates to more players spending money, which means more money for PvE or whatever resources they need.

That only works if the PvP takes off and doesn't drive off the PvE players. Its great to have a wider market, provide your attempt to garb said wider market doesn't drive off all your market.

===

I'm tweaking your nose as I'm all for more creative forms of PvP. There are few that would should actually be a negligible drain on developing PvE resources and may actually improve them. Some way to pit squad vs squad vs AI would also mean squad + squad vs AI. The same methods that would be used to link two or more squads could be used for both PvP and PvE. At bear bones if DE could get one host talking to a second host and reporting occasionally on "conditions" they could create system where a Group A takes out the ships reactor and all the lights go out for Group B. It'd be very handy for Clan style events.

Which is why I used the word 'potentially'.

However, if someone takes an optional feature as some kind of personal offense and then quits, that's their problem. I don't take this community seriously anymore since it's become larger. The way people react to the very mention of any new features is absolutely ridiculous.

No one said that it isn't.

And look at the gaming market, look at Player versus Player. I'd hardly call it a minority in any form of the word.

Looking at the gaming market, I notice a whole bunch of games that are all about PVP, and not too many that are about co-op PVE. That there market for PVP games seems a mite bit over saturated, dontcha think?

Also, "lowest common denominator" isn't referring to the number of people asking for PVP content in a PVE game, it's referring more to the kind of people that ask for PVP in a PVE game.

As long as it doesn't compromise the integrity of the PvE currently implemented.

If history still has a knack for repeating itself, then it will.