Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Semi-Confirmed] 4V4 Pvp, Straight From Scott's Beard!

Lumireaver

Rebecca looks like a giddy fan girl throughout that entire interview. its hard to make the connection sometimes how much she really does for the community.

its too bad youre tired scott. we need your brain for all these future goodies! perhaps a beer and a nap in the hammock would get you back on track?

Im gonna go ahead and start the pvp complains:

"OMG i hate vaub, all he does is hold me in the air, i cant move, Balance the pvp naw"

"OMG i cant hurt ember when she does her overheat thing, balance the pvp, she is OP"

Who cares about 4v4 seriously. This isn't and won't be a PvP game hence why it's locked down in the clan dojo for shiggles and gits. And already been stated many times balancing won't occur for PvP.

But on the other hand in that vid when are we getting those cut scenes and that void boss and some history on the story going on in there is what i want.

I'm in this boat, and also more inclined to believe Scott was just talking off the cuff and didn't realize what he was saying until after he said it.

Yeah, if DE wants to add a weak PvP feature that is fine by me. I ignore Dueling, I've only ever seen the inside of the dueling room once. As a general thing the idea of Warframe PvP is just boring. I've got other games I PvP in. Games that where built from the ground up for PvP.

Random 4vs4 queue will revive this game if done properly, at least for people who wants to PvP as well.

A game that is doing really well doesn't need reviving. 

Who cares about 4v4 seriously. This isn't and won't be a PvP game hence why it's locked down in the clan dojo for shiggles and gits. And already been stated many times balancing won't occur for PvP.

But on the other hand in that vid when are we getting those cut scenes and that void boss and some history on the story going on in there is what i want.

Me, seriously. PvP can be fun.

@Blatantfool. The idea is not boring, it's only your perception. Your opinions aren't facts. There's a crowd out there that desire PvP and devs acknowledges it.

Casual PvP can be healthy for a PvE (farm) game. Only people who have their heads buried in prejudices make it look bad.

Yeah, if DE wants to add a weak PvP feature that is fine by me. I ignore Dueling, I've only ever seen the inside of the dueling room once. As a general thing the idea of Warframe PvP is just boring. I've got other games I PvP in. Games that where built from the ground up for PvP.

A game that is doing really well doesn't need reviving. 

I hear you loud and clear!

@Blatantfool. The idea is not boring, it's only your perception. Your opinions aren't facts. There's a crowd out there that desire PvP and devs acknowledges it.

Casual PvP can be healthy for a PvE (farm) game. Only people who have their heads buried in prejudices make it look bad.

And DE gave everyone their casual shiggles and gits PvP don't expect anything more. This isn't a PvP game it's a PvE Co-OP or basically a dungeon crawler.

Never did he state that what he said in his comment is automatically a fact when it is only a opinion. Your head just turned it like that so blame your brain. Other than that I don't care for PvP. in the slightest but I really don't care if it is added so let DE do if it is such a big thing for Warframe. I would have used all those resources on actually important things but that is why I'm not a developer.

As much as I dislike PvP, if built up properly the idea seems like it could be nice. Apparently there is a huge audience for this kind of thing.

In my mind, the ideal form Warframe PvP could evolve into would be something like 4v4 X-Men Danger Room style gauntlets where clans compete in specially tailored "baton pass" style challenges. Something like that would be pretty cool in a competitive/co-operative sense. Imagine you vote for one guy to do a free-running/parkour segment, two guys to clear a room full of special enemies, and a fourth to complete a hacking gauntlet. Other nifty challenges could be devised based on new game mechanics and so on. The challenges could be designed to really bring players to the edge competitively, but built on skills used in the co-operative portions of the game.

If they want to add in a PvP element to this, add another mode for PvE.

Competitive Missions. Tenno get bonuses at the end of a mission every time. (Most Damage, Least damage taken, enemies killed, etc.)

Why not make a competitive mode for those that wish it? Whoever gets the most of those accolades at the Mission Results, gets an additional Mod, more Credits, Exp bonus, or some benefit to playing better than the others.

I most likely, will not be touching PvP as it is, but if it can help benefit the game and the community, lets go for it.

I think you misunderstand. I'll explain why I used the word 'boring' better. Might as well.

I don't find PvP in games boring. In fact - quite often - I play a multitude of purely PvP games and enjoy both the high and low points of all of those games. Competition is extremely fun in the right setting.

However I don't feel like Warframe PvP offers the same value. Duels are very, very often over in a split second because every Frame in the game is capable of dealing more damage then players can have health within the span of a few seconds.

The Strun alone is more then powerful enough to one or two shot practically every Warframe. This is because weapons are tuned to deal damage in big numbers against AI.

And I find that boring. PvP where the objective is to simply hit the opponent once or twice? That doesn't take much in the way of skill and I don't think it sounds fun to play such an angry game of pin the tail on the donkey.

Is this purely opinion? Absolutely. Some guys out there might LIKE a PvP about trading one-shot kills. Sure. And I feel like they deserve to be able to have that opinion. Just like I feel I deserve mine.

@Blatantfool

I am afraid it came to the point I want the PvP because game lacks interesting stuff to do in PvE. That is what worries me as I just can't see the current PvE content as something that is interesting enough for me.

I understand how you can see something that already exists in the game boring, but if you declare PvP something that is yet to come boring, then people can use the same argument against you for the incoming PvE content. It comes to the point that anything fundamentally new in the game might have a good chance to succeed as the basic game concept is great, it just lacks the challenge side.

@Blatantfool

I am afraid it came to the point I want the PvP because game lacks interesting stuff to do in PvE. That is what worries me as I just can't see the current PvE content as something that is interesting enough for me.

I understand how you can see something that already exists in the game boring, but if you declare PvP something that is yet to come boring, then people can use the same argument against you for the incoming PvE content. It comes to the point that anything fundamentally new in the game might have a good chance to succeed as the basic game concept is great, it just lacks the challenge side.

It follows sounder logic to focus on PvE entirely.

The drop tables, enemy types/variety, missions types/variety. These are all weak points that drag the game down but can be addressed and smoothed out just fine as time goes by.

The PvP thing is off the beaten path. Seems wasteful to try to make a feature work when the game wasn't made for it - especially when the features the game WAS made for all want some love.

But that is all besides the point. Both of us know that.

Comparing PvP as it is right now to PvP as it would be in a larger setting is entirely reasonable. Do you honestly think that 4v4 would be free of the problems that Dueling has? Why would you figure that?

I'm not against PvP, by the by. I wont waste time arguing it should exist at all, because eventually it'd benefit the game. Still, I don't think the game will support a reasonable PvP mode at the current time.

As a general thing the idea of Warframe PvP is just boring. I've got other games I PvP in.

Warframe has unique freedom of movement in combination with varied gun and melee play. And that's more boring than something that doesn't have that at all, which is pretty much 100% of everything else.

Okay.

Warframe has unique freedom of movement in combination with varied gun and melee play. And that's more boring than something that doesn't have that at all, which is pretty much 100% of everything else.

Okay.

All the freedom of movement doesn't amount to much when you can just One or Two shots players with the Strun.