Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Mag need positive duration?

NaveUi

Question

Can someone explain why Mag needs duration. Many of the builds on Warframe Builders seems to be centered around polarize, but I don't see the point of it. Polarize doesn't scale all too well the higher the enemy level as it requires multiple castings even with a decent amount of power strength to strip away armor. The damage is useful for clearing away trash mobs, but that's it.  Magnetize is affected by having a longer duration but I don't see much point in having a longer duration when there's already a cap of 4. A longer duration means waiting longer for the magnetize bubbles to pop and that's the ability you want to use constantly. The only situation that I can think of that needs a lot of duration is when camping and using magnetize in a choke point, but I'm the player who parkours around in survival missions. I just don't see how polarize is strong enough to be built around.

6 answers to this question

Since us console players haven't received mag's rework, i can't say too much but, as far as i'm seeing magnetize is an improvement of bullet attractor. With that in mind i use high duration on high level enemies to do dot rather than the explosion (with the update it'll also be a great cc to block bullets i guess)

With longer duration you can use magnetize longer. Try using the death bubble at a chokepoint and see the wonder.

I'm still learning how to use polarize after rework. Too early for me to say anything about specialized builds. But looks like a Nova player can give us lessons.

Never really bothered much with using polarize offensively now. Just build around magnetize. If we're talking duration, you can go as low as 30% and still kill stuff around lvl 80 with decently modded weapons. You can add range mods to compensate with initial polarize range and make magnetize bigger.

With an almost maxed out quanta, I can kill lvl 100 enemies with just 40% duration and I use overextend just for the range on the explosion damage. Also, you don't have to wait for one bubble to disappear before casting one. You can just keep casting multiple bubbles if you want. Its gonna be annoying shooting at the right one if you cast them close to each other though.

1 hour ago, BBOTAA said:

Polarize range its duration based now,, it works similar to nova's mp.

If this is true: Old Polarize have max range 62m, MP speed is 5m/s, P. Continuity+Constitution maxed gives u 11s, 11x5=55m, also wave expand and enemies runing against her, so u pbb polarize more enemies. Enemies are Polarized for 54s. Add max Narrow Minded u will get 16s which is 80m and 84s Polarize, but u loose range on other abilities, as a console player i can ´t check if its worth, hope this helps