Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on my 3 Forma Oberon build

Lupiz

Question

2 answers to this question

I guess a good starting question is: what are you building him for? Damage? Healing? General gameplay? I have a six forma Oberon build which is quite good for everything, but the difference is I have a maxed out Arcane Energize and Zenurik to boost energy like mad.

My two cents: 

• Swap Cunning Drift for Power Drift (Knockdown resist is cool)
  • Remove Blind Rage, replace it with Continuity
  • Remove Equilibrium, put Stretch in the Dash polarity
  • Swap Vigor for a max Vitality
  • Remove Hallowed Reckoning and bring in Phoenix Renewal
  • Put an Overextended on.
    • Replace any of those mods with Primed variants as you get them and add forma accordingly.
Spoiler

94ef927fa3eca12e906e66815aac3527.png

Add another DASH polarity to fit primed mods.

88b45d3b88151fbd38a948ea7cd0138d.png

You'll notice the new build doesn't revolve around much power strength, and that is simply because Oberon's damage is not his strong suit. Reckoning is very deceiving in that it will wipe maps at low levels, but quickly fall off on enemies level 25 and higher. You want to be building duration, range, and a bit of efficiency (also keep power strength positive or neutral).

• Your health pool will be enough to utilize Renewal fully.
  • Your Reckoning will radiation proc enemies and keep them off your teammates.
  • Your Renewal will have a large enough initial heal to keep allies alive.
    • It will regenerate their health quickly so it may keep them alive.
    • It will regenerate slow enough that any burst damage on them will trigger Phoenix Renewal (instead of topping them off and cancelling the heal before the burst)
  • Your Hallowed Ground is a fantastic support mechanism with this build. It lasts longer, it is a MASSIVE area and it will still burn enemies for quite a bit of damage while keeping allies on their feet and negative status effects out.
  • If your teammates are good at staying alive, swap Phoenix Renewal for Smite Infusion

SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT:

You seem to be building for damage, which is not Oberon's strong suit. He is a tanky support - focused on status denial. If you want him as a damage frame, your build is fantastic (I'm not being sarcastic or facetious here, it's a great build). However, Oberon's endgame lies in having one hell of a presence in keeping your teammates alive and keeping enemies on the ground, burning.

Dunno, unless you plan to have an EV Trin by your side all the time, that terrible Efficiency seems ... well, terrible.

Banking on Reckoning kills + Equilibrium + Flow to fuel you ... really don't know if that's going to work out.

(Also Vigor ... Vigor please, just use good ol' Vitality.)

FWIW, here's my build:

Energy Syphon / Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Intensify, Transient Fortitude
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise (R4)
Primed Continuity, Vitality

Lotsa Range & Efficiency to spam Reckoning / Smite for still good damage and not least CC purposes,
Renewal is ~decent enough and Hallowed Ground ... still needs that rework :P