Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis build.is it still worth it?

TheHellraiser

Question

recently decided to get back to ignis and see if there is any potential still in it.

Spoiler

7SDspll.png

Spoiler

PE7zd5g.png

the above are the 2 builds I am trying right now. aiming to use them us a multi-purpose void gun(armor-shield-flesh).so far I feel I either I am missing something or making them multipurpose is harder than I thought.

would appreciate any feedback.

13 answers to this question

Is it worth it? Damn right, it's worth it! It's the absolute best primary for missions under level 30, or for Syndicate Missions. You seem to be building it for maximized DPS, though you really shouldn't. Keep it where it's at, and make it better there with Sinister Reach and Firestorm. It's basically a World On Fire in a cone, as it has insane punch-through.

13 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Is it worth it? Damn right, it's worth it! It's the absolute best primary for missions under level 30, or for Syndicate Missions. You seem to be building it for maximized DPS, though you really shouldn't. Keep it where it's at, and make it better there with Sinister Reach and Firestorm. It's basically a World On Fire in a cone, as it has insane punch-through.

I will give it a try and see the results.

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

a Gas Ignis is Saryn's best friend mate. makes it totally worth it in my book.

definitely had that in mind yet I need something that wont force me to a single frame.

from the moment I tried this weapon I was deeply in love

Auton build works nice even on Nyx or Saryn or any frame for that matter.  Reason we suggest using Saryn (if your new guy asking) is do to our spores.  They to well, really nothing for damage, but each time they pop they set viral cutting the targets hp  count.  When 2 or more targets stand near each other and you use the ignis to pop spores it becomes exponential HP cutting and damage.  However, Saryn is hard to farm now for new guys being it is implemented in the Arena games.

2 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Get a third status mod on the second build and you're set.

I use it with Radiation+Viral. Having a Nyx and a Saryn rolled into your primary is so comfy ^^

being using rad+viral before this. at some point the dmg felt really bad so I tried changing it a bit.

2 hours ago, Soulvengeance said:

Auton build works nice even on Nyx or Saryn or any frame for that matter.  Reason we suggest using Saryn (if your new guy asking) is do to our spores.  They to well, really nothing for damage, but each time they pop they set viral cutting the targets hp  count.  When 2 or more targets stand near each other and you use the ignis to pop spores it becomes exponential HP cutting and damage.  However, Saryn is hard to farm now for new guys being it is implemented in the Arena games.

playing for quite a few years now(MR21-not that it matters) but I always kinda ignored this gun and thought its about time to give it a shot.

53 minutes ago, TheHellraiser said:

being using rad+viral before this. at some point the dmg felt really bad so I tried changing it a bit.

Actually because you don't use it for damage with that build, more as a facilitator. You spray with Ignis for doubled effective damage on everything else, on top of turning off all those annoying ancient auras.

33 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Actually because you don't use it for damage with that build, more as a facilitator. You spray with Ignis for doubled effective damage on everything else, on top of turning off all those annoying ancient auras.

indeed,I was too focused on dealing dmg instead of actually seeing the utility I was getting out of it. ty for pointing that out

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lupowolfen said:

What about using Ignis with Ember?  I've heard some say its a good combo.  Anyone care to comment on that?

being trying it the entire day with mag-ember-saryn to see other possible combos with various builds. I cant seem to be able to make it really multipurpose with a single build but I had definitely found several new ways to put it to use.

thank you all for that.will post my "new builds" soon for possible feedback

i also suggest to give a shot using ignis with mirage.

Choose a bright energy color for maximum visual experience, and build as much power strength as possible - even the ignis kills really fast with +500% damage, and the AoE is great

not sure if they fixed the ignis itself in some of the latest patches, or just the hyeka masters won't target you through walls, but last time i've checked theignis was the best gun for camping corners :-p