Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I still have no idea what is going on in Warframe

Chris21298

Question

I have been playing this game a little over a week now, I started with a volt warframe and thought that a bow and a sword would make a nice combo. With that said I have mainly stuck to melee because I find it to be more fun that running and shooting with a bow. Now my question to you all is...if there is someone kind enough to help a guy who knows nothing about the game at least help me get started and help me with a build that suits my style of play that would be amazing... Add me on steam at C21298 and send me a message if someone out there is willing to help. 

Thanks

Chris

6 answers to this question

Keep playing the game. Try out new weapons as you obtain them. You might see that warframe offers a very wide variety of possibilities and just as many items you can experiment with. You might even find that you're having fun with more than one playstyle!

In case you're still feeling as if resources are scarce, check the warframe wikia to research a bit on the items that interest you before investing into them. Aside of this, the wikia is excellent for all sorts of gameplay information, from drop tables to methods of beating enemies.

My advice is, listen to the npc commentary. There is more to Warframe than just slashing, bashing or shooting enemies.

Keep playing and experiment like mad, the game is REALLY bad at explaining to new players the mechanics of the game, tips etc. I found some Youtube channels that give great advice for new players. These include:

Tactical Potato, Brozime, M.C.I.K., MCGamerCZ etc

Some of them even created a series where they begin a new game from the beginning to show new players what to do and look out for. Good luck,have fun and try out lots of new things. I have played the game non-stop everyday for about 4 months and over 500 hours now and still only understand 50% of the game. You are in good company.

What all this amazing people said above me, and if you have found a fun way to play and want to expand on it I think I can help. Some players might want you to pick a certain frame or weapon even though you could complete it with any frame/weapon you want In my theory.

Feel Free to add my in game if that is your path.

To add to what others have said, there are in fact Guides of the Lotus, players that dedicate some of their time to being a kind of mentor to newer players. They are often found on the Larunda Relay on Mercury (at least they are on PC). Senior Guides can be identified by a purple text color in the public chat channels, and both Senior and Junior guides can be identified by a unique sigil:

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%A8%A5%F3%A5%D6%A5%E

Both Senior and Junior Guides will be happy to help you. Your best bet of finding one is probably to go to the Larunda Relay on Mercury, but you might also find one by asking in Region chat. Anyone that offers can help, of course, but Guides have been reviewed and selected by DE and are more "official," in a sense.

Try Everything! Shakira said so.

That and in the case of this game, its actually true. 

But at the risk of making a recommendation when I myself am less than two months old at this point - I would suggest farming the more tanky, melee friendly frames. Try to get your hands on Valkyr or Frost. Then give them whatever melee weapons you think best suits whatever concept you have in your head at the time. Then put on the best music you have on your playlist - AND LET THE PWNAGE BEGIN!

What you will learn to love most about warframe is how it accommodates all sorts of playstyles and warframe concepts. For eg. sure there are better melee weapons out there, but I really wanted my Valkyr to have wolverine claws! Yes I know the weapon itself sucks, but man! to see Valkyr run around a map, popping wolverine claws, disemboweling grineer and infested... my bloodthirsty little heart weeps tears of joy :)

How many games out there give you this much freedom to express your own playstyle with each weapon and character (warframe)? You're in good company here. Try Everything!

Feel free to add me in game!

Find a Clan. As simply the right Clan will have members willing to show you round the game, such as the Relay and what there is to offer there. Mods and how to use them, tips with weapons, frames etc. Also in clearing some of the important early quests (Archwing, Kubrow).

This coupled with your own research on builds and various other things will increase your knowledge quicker than you think. You will learn as you go, so take it at a good pace, Sorties and Vault Runs aren't important just yet.