Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Prime And Standard Warframes

Chuey

So once there is a prime version of every warframe there will be a total of 26 warframes and 13 will be made up of the standard version and the other 13 of the prime version. This is before they introduce more warframes to the game and the total+redundant warframes will only grow.

So what i propose is that DE makes the standard version of the warframes apart of the prime versions crafting. This will free up slots and eliminate all the redundant warframes. Also buff the prime version of the warframe to give them something more to work towards instead of just a new graphically version of the standard warframe.

An example of crafting a Prime Warframe would be something like;

Rhino Prime = Rhino Prime Blue Print + Rhino Standard + Some Resources + Some Cash

Thoughts?

Edited by Chuey

Eh, it just makes it more farm-y, having to build the entire frame before hand (3.5 days) then (assuming, looking at the current wait time for a new frame) another 3 days. I personally am ok with the primes being built without the non prime version.

And aren't primes the pinnacle of that frame? Kinda like the "master" version made by the orokin, and the non primes are more or less the tenno's imperfect copy?

While this is initially tempting... this means that the actual Prime blueprints will inevitably be assigned a much lower drop rate, or have restricted access by some other means. It also forces you to take into consideration Warframes that you've potatoed. Chances are that supercharge won't carry over into the crafting of what is essentially a brand new item. I don't know about you, but there had better be some stunningly amazing visual differences between Ash Prime and Ash in addition to better stats if it means scrapping my current Ash. I think a better way to eliminate redundancy in future Prime frames is to implement them as a stat-changing skin akin to the existing alternate helmets.

Eh, it just makes it more farm-y, having to build the entire frame before hand (3.5 days) then (assuming, looking at the current wait time for a new frame) another 3 days. I personally am ok with the primes being built without the non prime version.

And aren't primes the pinnacle of that frame? Kinda like the "master" version made by the orokin, and the non primes are more or less the tenno's imperfect copy?

I have no idea, but i know this;

I have 12 warframes currently (all but vauban) and 2 primes (excalibar and frost). I don't even use standard excalibar and standard frost anymore they are just waste of slots.

What i'm suggesting gives them a purpose and something that isn't a waste of time.

Seems like you may as well just sell the old ones. I'd much prefer if the Prime was only an alternate skin, it's a waste of space and resources if you already own the regular version of it, and from the way Steve commented on it sounds like "you don't really need to 'catch em all' pokemon style, it's just something to spice things up a bit", at least that's how I understood it.

I have no idea, but i know this;

I have 12 warframes currently (all but vauban) and 2 primes (excalibar and frost). I don't even use standard excalibar and standard frost anymore they are just waste of slots.

What i'm suggesting gives them a purpose and something that isn't a waste of time.

I wouldn't say that they have no purpose, they're (generally) far easier to get normal versions of the frame, than prime versions. A player who wants frost can just go farm for the parts needed, compared to farming for void keys, to farm the void to get the frost prime BPs.

As a player who already has frost when they released his prime, yeah it would seem worthless, but it's really not. (and the mention of how potatoed frames would work when you crafted them)

Seems like you may as well just sell the old ones. I'd much prefer if the Prime was only an alternate skin, it's a waste of space and resources if you already own the regular version of it, and from the way Steve commented on it sounds like "you don't really need to 'catch em all' pokemon style, it's just something to spice things up a bit", at least that's how I understood it.

There just isn't enough to do in the game but to 'catch them all'.

All you do is farm Warframes, then farm Prime Warframes. Why not just include the first step into the second step? and buff the Prime version of that warframe.

Edited by Chuey

There just isn't enough to do in the game but to 'catch them all'.

All you do is farm Warframes, then farm Prime Warframes. Why not just include the first step into the second step? and buff the Prime version of that warframe.

I agree there isn't a lot to do. But they did admit Prime versions are nothing but mostly cosmetic differences aside from some minor stat changes, that's why I think it would be best used as a skin regardless of how it's crafted.

Although I suppose they wouldn't go for it since it would be a lot of extra work and considering the founders who paid for it might not like that.

I like this idea but I don't think this is going to happen.

I would suggest that we should have an Orokin reactor installed on our Primes if we sacrifice the rank 30 standard version installed with a reactor to build the Prime(parts of prime still needed), so that we do not need to buy a reactor for both versions.