Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't decide who to purchase, help please.

Coilreaper

Question

19 answers to this question

In that list? Ash.

But his highest damage skill is also likely to get changed to something else and he generally lacks area CC.

Best bet is to rely on weapons for damage and frames for defense and CC.

As it happens, the highest dps and utility skills frames in the game tend to be the female frames imo.

Of those 3 Ash is the only one with any damage dealing abilities, however he is going to be reworked so he might not be quite as effective. Right now he can deal loads of damage though and his niche in the game is definitely DPS/assassin and I don't see that changing. If you are looking strictly at male frames Frost would be a solid choice as well. He has a decent blend of damage, light CC, and defensive abilities. All around he is a great frame and is almost a must for defenses and mobile defense. All that being said Ash has been my favorite since I started the game and he's a lot of fun to play so I would say go with Ash. 

19 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

And you purchase bps with credits. Also so many if I am treating you like a new person when you say purchase I think plat.

Yeah but, takes long doesn't it? Ain't got much time to play overall

16 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

In that list? Ash.

But his highest damage skill is also likely to get changed to something else and he generally lacks area CC.

As it happens, the highest dps and utility skills frames in the game tend to be the female frames imo.

Ah, Limbo seems to have fun abilities aswell! Ash looks cooler but Limbo seems more enjoyable.

Playing Volt atm

29 minutes ago, Coilreaper said:

Also, want a high damaging character.

Then remove Limbo & Nekros from that list. All you got now is Ash, which admittedly is somewhat difficult to farm for a new player now that they moved his parts to manics. And Ash is probably going to get reworked and we don't know when, and he's one of the pricier frames plat-wise sooo don't bother buying him. 

My advice? Get Frost. Yes, he's known for his defensive capabilites. But Avalanche is top tier damage + CC + armor reduction and with your guns you shouldn't have a lot of problem dealing damage.

19 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

In that list? Ash.

Oh yeah, or Chroma... aswell

Probably an easier way to decide what frames to suggest would be to tell us your playstyle. Do you like being sneaky? Tanky? Nuke everything? Disable enemies?
I'd also recommend getting Frost as he can be useful in just about any situation.

Also, if you're just planning on purchasing with plat anyways, then may want to check out trading for the Prime variants. Just be sure to price check and not pay too much.

2 minutes ago, Coilreaper said:

Yeah but, takes long doesn't it? Ain't got much time to play overall

Nekros is the most time consuming of the three in my opinion due to the boss that he drops from requires a special key. Limbo is from a quest that requires archwing, and Ash drops from manics. The build time is 12 hours to build the parts and 3 days to assemble the parts into a frame. All of this can be rushed with plat. The upside to buying is that it comes with a slot and reactor. It all depends on how patient you are. I usually farm all my frames and weapons but I have purchased a few and I've rushed more than I would care to admit lol. 

Ash is a high damaging character however you should buy an Ash prime set from a player, it is much cheaper (around 150-200p) than buying the regular one straight out from the market and he has better stats. You have to farm some resouces to build him, but that isn't hard.

9 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

Ash: Melee/stealth focused Warframe.

Hide contents

Chroma: More tanky, with some buffs

Hide contents

Pick the play style you prefer more.

Holy... Ash seems alot more  like my style. Thanks btw, going to check out all these videos!!

And thanks for everyones replies!

15 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

Ash: Melee/stealth focused Warframe.

Hide contents

Chroma: More tanky, with some buffs

Reveal hidden contents

Pick the play style you prefer more.

Darn, now Inaros is also interessting