Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on my Ice Chroma Build.

CrimsonDalekanium

Question

There is exactly ONE purpose for this build and that is to tank as much damage as possible, for as long as possible.

So my Loadout is:

Ice Chroma:

Spoiler

Rejuvenation

Narrow minded

P continuity

Constitution

Blind Rage

Steel Fiber

Vitality

Vigor

Intensify

Coaction Drift

Sancti Tigris

Spoiler

p point blank

hell's chamber

seeking fury

contagious spread

charged shell

vicious spread

blaze

chilling grasp

Rearrange elements for factions

Secondary: Furis

Spoiler

Convulsion

Winds of Purity

Hornet Strike

Pistol Pestilence

Barrel Diffusion

Lethal Torrent

pistol muta

(eventually another 90% element once I get around to formaing it)

twin Graks 

Spoiler

Convulsion

Pistol Pestilence

Pistol muta

heated charge

barrel diffusion

hornet strike

deep freeze

lethal torrent

or Staticor

Spoiler

Convulsion

Lethal Torrent

Barrel Diffusion

Hornet Strike

pistol pestilence

frostbite

heated charge

gunslinger

Melee: Prisma Dual Cleavers

Spoiler

Crossing Snakes

Blood rush

berserker

justice blades

shocking touch

p reach

pressure point

body count

virulent scourge

blast+elec Status dealing Carrier P with medi-ray and shield restore

Max overflow Zenurik with max cooldown reduction

1 max arcane guardian

Sancti Tigris is for damage and Purity Health regeneration +boost

Furis Would be for Health regen+nully

Twin graks would be for damage +nully

Staticor would be for AoE damage, lots of it.

Prisma cleavers are for damage, procs, and justice boost

Can this build be improved? Is power drift better than coac drift? Which pistol should I use? Does life strike belong on PDC instead of body count?

Edited by CrimsonDalekanium

12 answers to this question

Swap vigor for transient fortitude, constitution for everlasting ward(if your in a team). Use hek/vhek instead of sancti for the armor bonus, sancti gives health bonus not armor bonus. Everything else is all preference

Edited by rawr1254

12 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Swap vigor for transient fortitude, constitution for everlasting ward(if your in a team). Use hek/vhek instead of sancti for the armor bonus, sancti gives health bonus not armor bonus. Everything else is all preference

If I switch vigor for trans fortitude, I lose the Vex armor shield loss bonus AND some duration. This build wasn't for team play, and when I do play with a team, there is almost never another armor tank like Chroma or even inaros. I was mixing up the purity and justice procs, thank you for pointing that out.

I'm not  sure why I prefer s tigris to v hek, especially since I got p ravage, but I do.

Getting your hands on an Arcane Grace set helps immensely. 

That being said, I'll share my build that has taken me to an easy 80 minutes into T3S, solo, and over 100 solo kills in Endless Rathum (all mods maxed);

(Aura) Corrosive Projection (if against Corpus/Infested, Energy Siphon can be subbed)

(Exilus) Power Drift (the additional power strength translates into both more armor from Elemental Ward, and a high multiplier on Vex Armor, resulting in much higher armor gains than you think). If in a team that needs it, Coaction Drift (to combo with Corrosive Projection) can be used.

Transient Fortitude

Narrow Minded

Primed Continuity

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Constitution (the knockdown-recovery is a must for high level melee play)

Intensify (OR the Elemental Ward augment when playing in a team; it bumps survivability vs rockets and hit-scan weapons up by a large amount for squishier frames)

Rage

The "open" mod slot is the Intensify/augment/Primed Flow slot, for whatever situation you have on hand (solo; Intensify. Team; augment. Energy reduction/hybrid Effigy build; Primed Flow). It'll cost 125 energy to buff up, but with Rage/Zenurik, I almost never have problem (I also carry large Energy Restores, just in case). This build ends up, with Arcane Guardian, having over 13k armor, constantly healing due to Arcane Grace. Buffs last 63 seconds, which I've found to be more than sufficient for well over an hour of play.

Blind Rage is nice, but as you near 200% strength, you start getting diminished returns, at least in terms of armor (your damage will still go massively up), and the efficiency hit can really hurt, especially without Primed Flow (also makes Effigy nigh useless, which when used correctly, is actual very useful in both solo and team-play). As for Vigor, while the extra health translates well with armor (and the extra shields mean you hit Vex Armor cap in one go at full shields), it's not useful enough to warrant the slot; modding for EW/VA is much more effective. If you find you armor isn't charging fast enough, use block more; combined with buffs, you can mitigate obscene amounts of damage with weapons that block 85% of damage.

That being said, drop Primed Reach on your PDC for Life-Strike, and swap Shocking Touch for Voltaic Strike; the PDC have a generous status chance, both applying Corrosive procs at a fast rate to weaken armor and, courtesy of Vex Armor, applying lethally buffed slash procs. Life-Strike is mandatory to survive level 150 heavies/nullies, as you simply can't gain health back fast enough when the nullie is hitting you for 200-300 a shot through buffs; unranked has always served me well, letting me go on small channeling sprees to boost damage output against tough foes, as VA amps damage enough to drain enough health. If you want a weapon with Primed Reach, I recommend Nikana Prime with Blind Justice; same build as your PDC (with my changes), swapping the augment for Primed Reach. You lose the Justice proc (which grants base armor, multiplied by Vex Armor, so rather significant), but gain a lot more versatility in the form of dashes, ground-slams, and ragdolls.

Put the same build on the Mios as well; arguably more effective (the whip can apply 8k+ per tick slash procs at over 15-20m, it has a very good stance, a useful charge attack, and massive range to build combo counter, balanced (and high) IPS stats, high status/crit stats, kills multiple enemies at once, and take down nullie bubbles without getting too close and risking nullification (also has many multihits, making it perfect for this task). IMO, Mios is the best melee for Chroma, followed by a status Lesion, or a crit Fragor Prime (although lack of status/speed can really hurt the FP; I'll use Lesion more when a better stance gets released).Weapons that can apply Corrosive procs are key to keeping the damage up as levels climb.

As or Staticor, focus on Corrosive/Heat and you're golden. With buffs up, level 135 heavies are stunned and melt in seconds. Bonus point for charging a shot/firing, and immediately following with a barrage of auto-shots; soften up the target and they're immediately blasted with a massive hit while being stunned/weakened.

As for Twin Grakatas...where are your crit mods? Best DPS build is three basic damage mods, two (primed) crit mods, two elements (either 90% or dual stat, both are good) and a last slot for punch-through, mutation, or Hydraulic Crosshairs.

Furis looks good.

Just a side note, Vaykor Marelok is a great sidearm for Chroma with a Primed crit build, combining massive base damage with a large magazine, fast fire rate, controllable recoil, generous status, near 80% crit chance (once Hydraulic Crosshairs is procced), fast reload, and the justice effect. With buffs up, I absolutely wreck level 135 Bombards.

Another alternative is Akstilleto Prime (status/crit build, build Corrosive. Kills heavies a bit slower, but is much more versatile vs nullies/fodder units) or Spira Prime (radiation crit build almost exclusively for Bombards/Moas/fodder units; Bombards are dead in a matter of 2-3 seconds if you land headshots). Lex Prime can get obscene numbers, but the slow reload and pinpoint accuracy is a bit cumbersome.

For Sancti Tigris, I'd recommend basic damage, multishot, Seeking Fury, 2x 90% Corrosive, 2x dual stat Corrosive, Blaze. Gunners tend to have more health, and are more of a threat than Bombards with Vex Armor up; the 80% or so status chance grants a good amount of Corrosive/slash procs as well.

By far the best primary for a solo Chroma, however, is a 100% Corrosive/Blast (or Fire) Strun Wraith. You can easily 3-4 shot level 150 Gunners/Bombards (aiming for the head), while keeping them perma-stunned and unable to fight back as their armor dissapears completely in about three shots. The reload takes a bit to get use to, but it is so incredibly versatile and effective, I cannot recommend it enough. go for (Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, 2x Corrosive dual-stat, 1x fire or cold dual stat, mod of choice (I usually go for Contagious Spread), Seeking Fury, Blaze). The raw power of Vex Armor combos extremely well with status weapon, enabling Chroma to keep dishing out damage as armor increases to obscene amounts.

EDIT: Almost forgot; drop the sentinel; they are far too squishy to survive the punishment Chroma will go through. Instead, pick up a Huras/Raksa Kubrow (will probably need 4-6 forma for each, however). The Huras grants invisibility whenever you're not attacking, as well as having a charge attack that I've seen OHK level 120 Gunners when he crits/applies a slash proc. The Raksa can constantly fear enemies (although I found this a hindrance, even though enemies are slowed as they run away, although it is great for defense missions) and replenish shields (very helpful, especially considering you drop Vigor). The most important part, however, is that they have access to Link mods. With max mods on myself/my Kubrow, he has about 500 or so shields, nearing 1.6k health, and 110% of my armor, meaning that while buffs are up, he is nigh unkillable(we're talking nearing 14-15k armor, with a health pool of a bit under 2k; he will face-tank Bombards without breaking a sweat, and I've seen him OHK nullies in the level 140 range (because the armor buff comes from you, and nullies don't disable mods, he keeps the armor buffs while in the bubble, again, rendering him almost immortal...for 63 seconds at a time). Your Kubrow still can go down, but that's why you can pop Effigy/buffs and revive him. Mine went down...once, in an 80 minutes T3S solo run. I'd say a Huras is probably the best companion overall for Chroma, as the charge attack is brutal, and the invisibility can help when you need to take a breather to pop LS/drop pads/chat.

Wow, this ended up longer than I thought. Best of luck with the best tank in the game!

Edited by Magneu

Well to give a insight on how good coaction drift is: it adds effectively 30% to your aura and 15% to the rest of your team. on a full rejuvenation that would increase it from 3 to 3.9. This can be pretty good if you wish to be able to recover more rapidly, Power drift would have limited influence as it would be added to the already high strength thanks to intensify and blind rage. Effectively you will end comparing a 30% increase in regen to less then relatively 10% extra strength.

Sancti tigris does not buff your armor. Purity buffs your health capacity and heals you. The justice effect on the Hek with "scattered justice" or the Vaykor hek heals you and buffs your armor. If wondering which hek is better: Vaykor hek shines when you got special crit mods like Primed ravage, Laser Sight and/or shrapnel shot.

Vigor is a mod i wouldn't always reccomend. it is great for if you are relying on high base-stats and got the space for it, but with frames like Chroma that rely heavilly on buffing their own defenses it loses effectivenes and it becomes favourable to use other mods. Rawr's suggestion of Transient fortitude is a good one alongside his advice for everlasting ward if you want to buff your team effectively.

Edited by nighter3d

32 minutes ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

If I switch vigor for trans fortitude, I lose the Vex armor shield loss bonus

Raksa kubrow is love, Raksa kubrow is life.  The duration, ehn, yeah, but it's tolerable.

Magneu kinda covered everything else, but as always with Chroma posts, I like to toss this up as reference: 

Oh, and a toxin glaive for self Fury-ing can be nice.

15 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Getting your hands on an Arcane Grace set helps immensely. 

That being said, I'll share my build that has taken me to an easy 80 minutes into T3S, solo, and over 100 solo kills in Endless Rathum (all mods maxed);

(Aura) Corrosive Projection (if against Corpus/Infested, Energy Siphon can be subbed)

Is CP Really better than Rejuv for solo runs? Especially since without Arcane grace or medi-ray (with a kubrow or if sentinel dies), and with a corrosive s tigris?

(Exilus) Power Drift (the additional power strength translates into both more armor from Elemental Ward, and a high multiplier on Vex Armor, resulting in much higher armor gains than you think). If in a team that needs it, Coaction Drift (to combo with Corrosive Projection) can be used.

Transient Fortitude

Narrow Minded

Primed Continuity

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Constitution (the knockdown-recovery is a must for high level melee play)

Intensify (OR the Elemental Ward augment when playing in a team; it bumps survivability vs rockets and hit-scan weapons up by a large amount for squishier frames)

Rage

The "open" mod slot is the Intensify/augment/Primed Flow slot, for whatever situation you have on hand (solo; Intensify. Team; augment. Energy reduction/hybrid Effigy build; Primed Flow). It'll cost 125 energy to buff up, but with Rage/Zenurik, I almost never have problem (I also carry large Energy Restores, just in case). This build ends up, with Arcane Guardian, having over 13k armor, constantly healing due to Arcane Grace.(Haven't got either arcane grace or the 2500 plat for a set) Buffs last 63 seconds, which I've found to be more than sufficient for well over an hour of play.

Blind Rage is nice, but as you near 200% strength, you start getting diminished returns, at least in terms of armor (your damage will still go massively up), and the efficiency hit can really hurt, especially without Primed Flow (also makes Effigy nigh useless, which when used correctly, is actual very useful in both solo and team-play).Doesn't Effigy debuff armor while deployed, which is the opposite of desirable? I understand the desire for a distraction, but why do that when I can parkour away? As for Vigor, while the extra health translates well with armor (and the extra shields mean you hit Vex Armor cap in one go at full shields), it's not useful enough to warrant the slot; modding for EW/VA is much more effective. If you find your armor isn't charging fast enough, use block more; combined with buffs, you can mitigate obscene amounts of damage with weapons that block 85% of damage.

That being said, drop Primed Reach on your PDC for Life-Strike, and swap Shocking Touch for Voltaic Strike(haven't got volt strike either. Can remedy this fairly quickly though by dropping plat. I could drop p reach, and body count for life strike and volcanic edge instead); the PDC have a generous status chance, both applying Corrosive procs at a fast rate to weaken armor  and, courtesy of Vex Armor, applying lethally buffed slash procs. Life-Strike is mandatory to survive level 150 heavies/nullies, as you simply can't gain health back fast enough when the nullie is hitting you for 200-300 a shot through buffs; unranked has always served me well, letting me go on small channeling sprees to boost damage output against tough foes, as VA amps damage enough to drain enough health. If you want a weapon with Primed Reach, I recommend Nikana Prime with Blind Justice; same build as your PDC (with my changes), swapping the augment for Primed Reach. You lose the Justice proc (which grants base armor, multiplied by Vex Armor, so rather significant), but gain a lot more versatility in the form of dashes, ground-slams, and ragdolls. 

Put the same build on the Mios as well; arguably more effective (the whip can apply 8k+ per tick slash procs at over 15-20m, it has a very good stance, a useful charge attack, and massive range to build combo counter, balanced (and high) IPS stats, high status/crit stats, kills multiple enemies at once, and take down nullie bubbles without getting too close and risking nullification (also has many multihits, making it perfect for this task). IMO, Mios is the best melee for Chroma, followed by a status Lesion (status lesion build?), or a crit Fragor Prime(probably gonna copy my War build for that) (although lack of status/speed can really hurt the FP; I'll use Lesion more when a better stance gets released).Weapons that can apply Corrosive procs are key to keeping the damage up as levels climb.

As for Staticor, focus on Corrosive/Heat and you're golden. With buffs up, level 135 heavies are stunned and melt in seconds. Bonus point for charging a shot/firing, and immediately following with a barrage of auto-shots; soften up the target and they're immediately blasted with a massive hit while being stunned/weakened.

As for Twin Grakatas...where are your crit mods ? Best DPS build is three basic damage mods, two (primed) crit mods(I have p target cracker), two elements (either 90% or dual stat, both are good) and a last slot for punch-through, mutation, or Hydraulic Crosshairs.

Furis looks good (without arc grace, rejuv, or medi-ray, furis is looking pretty good right now)

Just a side note, Vaykor Marelok is a great sidearm for Chroma with a Primed crit build, combining massive base damage with a large magazine, fast fire rate, controllable recoil, generous status, near 80% crit chance (once Hydraulic Crosshairs is procced), fast reload, and the justice effect. With buffs up, I absolutely wreck level 135 Bombards. (I've heard V marelok is a great weapon, but never understood the appeal. If I wanted a slow crit pistol, I can use lex p, If I want a fast crit pistol, I have akstil p, or grakatas. I would also need to aim for headshots, and the extra time required and movement penalty for aiming down sights doesn't seem worth it when I can strip a nully bubble or a bombard's armor in seconds with graks or staticor)

Another alternative is Akstilleto Prime (status/crit build, build Corrosive. Kills heavies a bit slower, but is much more versatile vs nullies/fodder units) or Spira Prime (radiation crit build almost exclusively for Bombards/Moas/fodder units; Bombards are dead in a matter of 2-3 seconds if you land headshots). Lex Prime can get obscene numbers, but the slow reload and pinpoint accuracy is a bit cumbersome.

For Sancti Tigris, I'd recommend basic damage, multishot, Seeking Fury, 2x 90% Corrosive, 2x dual stat Corrosive, Blaze. Gunners tend to have more health, and are more of a threat than Bombards with Vex Armor up; the 80% or so status chance grants a good amount of Corrosive/slash procs as well.

By far the best primary for a solo Chroma, however, is a 100% Corrosive/Blast (or Fire) Strun Wraith.(I made a boneheaded noob mistake early on by selling my strun wraith when I needed plat. Would a sobek with P point blank, HC, kela mod, syndi mod, blaze, elec dual stat, fire dual stat, seeking fury work?)  You can easily 3-4 shot level 150 Gunners/Bombards (aiming for the head), while keeping them perma-stunned and unable to fight back as their armor dissapears completely in about three shots. The reload takes a bit to get use to, but it is so incredibly versatile and effective, I cannot recommend it enough. go for (Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, 2x Corrosive dual-stat, 1x fire or cold dual stat, mod of choice (I usually go for Contagious Spread), Seeking Fury, Blaze). The raw power of Vex Armor combos extremely well with status weapon, enabling Chroma to keep dishing out damage as armor increases to obscene amounts.

EDIT: Almost forgot; drop the sentinel; they are far too squishy to survive the punishment Chroma will go through. Instead, pick up a Huras/Raksa Kubrow (will probably need 4-6 forma for each, however) (I have a huras I can use. I HATE kubrows in general though for the micromanaging you need to do inside AND outside of missions. Do I revive the kubrow and take the risk of having us both die, or do I let it die and lose it for the rest of the mission WHILE needing to take care of it outside of the mission?). The Huras grants invisibility whenever you're not attacking, as well as having a charge attack that I've seen OHK level 120 Gunners when he crits/applies a slash proc. The Raksa can constantly fear enemies (although I found this a hindrance, even though enemies are slowed as they run away, although it is great for defense missions) and replenish shields (very helpful, especially considering you drop Vigor). The most important part, however, is that they have access to Link mods. With max mods on myself/my Kubrow, he has about 500 or so shields, nearing 1.6k health, and 110% of my armor, meaning that while buffs are up, he is nigh unkillable(we're talking nearing 14-15k armor, with a health pool of a bit under 2k; he will face-tank Bombards without breaking a sweat, and I've seen him OHK nullies in the level 140 range (because the armor buff comes from you, and nullies don't disable mods, he keeps the armor buffs while in the bubble, again, rendering him almost immortal...for 63 seconds at a time). Your Kubrow still can go down, but that's why you can pop Effigy/buffs and revive him. Mine went down...once, in an 80 minutes T3S solo run. I'd say a Huras is probably the best companion overall for Chroma, as the charge attack is brutal, and the invisibility can help when you need to take a breather to pop LS/drop pads/chat.

Wow, this ended up longer than I thought. Best of luck with the best tank in the game!

I'm just gonna comment directly in the quote.

1 hour ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

If I switch vigor for trans fortitude, I lose the Vex armor shield loss bonus AND some duration. This build wasn't for team play, and when I do play with a team, there is almost never another armor tank like Chroma or even inaros. I was mixing up the purity and justice procs, thank you for pointing that out.

I'm not  sure why I prefer s tigris to v hek, especially since I got p ravage, but I do.

Well with the amount of shields he has without any shield mods you reach about 900% armor buff, You then walk away for 5 seconds get tapped again and then have 1000%+ armor. Also this increases the armor buff of cold to about 450%? So I mean you want him to be a great tank but you're losing a huge chunk of armor just for a tiny bit more shields, it really isnt worth it to have Vigor.

While Chroma can be a great tank you shouldnt make it your lifes goal to just stand in front of the enemies and take it. You gotta adapt to the situation which I why I recommend not using Vigor and replacing it with Transient FOrtitude similar to what everyone else has said so far.

Also I forgot you were using Coaction Drift, Id swap that with Power Drift.

And with Everlasting Ward you become a great team player by giving the entire team a good 60 seconds of 450% armor buff which can be SO good for the right frame ie Inaros, Excalibur, Saryn, etc.

Edited by rawr1254

"Walk away for 5 seconds..." That sounds easier said than done in a late game survival, especially with a Huras (as my sentinel will probably die around the 20 or 30 minute mark)

Trans fort and power drift sound solid.

I have made dedicated squads for going to an hour or more of any survival exactly... never. And when I do make squads for survivals of 40-50 minutes (or a 15 minute sortie 3), it usually involves sitting in a frost bubble with a trinity and somebody to run out and fetch LS (limbo, Loki, valkyr, Inaros, or frost himself). It is indeed SO GOOD for the right frame, but a 450% armor buff means jack and S#&$ when you get OHK by a lancer or crewman (and even more so by heavy gunners, nullies, and bombards). Not that chroma or scarab inaros does that, but a saryn or excalibur sure does. 

A good chunk of this discussion might be rendered moot by 19.0, when kavats come out (and kubrows "might" get a rework), and when the dreaded enemy cheese and armor (pleasepleasePLEASE KILL THE NULLIFIER) is reduced. Aaand the void is getting nuked anyways.

26 minutes ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

"Walk away for 5 seconds..." That sounds easier said than done in a late game survival, especially with a Huras (as my sentinel will probably die around the 20 or 30 minute mark)

Trans fort and power drift sound solid.

I have made dedicated squads for going to an hour or more of any survival exactly... never. And when I do make squads for survivals of 40-50 minutes (or a 15 minute sortie 3), it usually involves sitting in a frost bubble with a trinity and somebody to run out and fetch LS (limbo, Loki, valkyr, Inaros, or frost himself). It is indeed SO GOOD for the right frame, but a 450% armor buff means jack and S#&$ when you get OHK by a lancer or crewman (and even more so by heavy gunners, nullies, and bombards). Not that chroma or scarab inaros does that, but a saryn or excalibur sure does. 

A good chunk of this discussion might be rendered moot by 19.0, when kavats come out (and kubrows "might" get a rework), and when the dreaded enemy cheese and armor (pleasepleasePLEASE KILL THE NULLIFIER) is reduced. Aaand the void is getting nuked anyways.

Well if your kubrow is dieing that early then you need to obviously forma him more. With kubrows if you use link armor it shares your armor meaning when you hit that high armor bonus with max str chroma it means so does your kubrow. Ive used my chesa and he doesnt die till around 60+ minutes or if i just forgot to turn on vex armor.

And while that 459% may not be good to some, if your running with said valkyr, frost, and inaros then that 450% buff would be especially good for frost seeing how his globes health is dependent on armor, and it gives inaros tons more ehp almost making him immortal. Also that cold armor reflects those pesky bombard shots for your teammates.

When I said sentinel, I meant my carrier p. Kubrows and Sentinels are both companions, but Sentinels float, kubrows don't. 

Chroma, Valkyr, Frost, Inaros, sounds like an awfully good way to get tagged by an energy leech hiding in a ice+nully bubble near an ancient.  My more usual team is Trinity, Frost, Rhino/Equinox, and effective invincibility/invisibility (usually a dual invisibility/irrad disarm loki).

43 minutes ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

When I said sentinel, I meant my carrier p. Kubrows and Sentinels are both companions, but Sentinels float, kubrows don't. 

Chroma, Valkyr, Frost, Inaros, sounds like an awfully good way to get tagged by an energy leech hiding in a ice+nully bubble near an ancient.  My more usual team is Trinity, Frost, Rhino/Equinox, and effective invincibility/invisibility (usually a dual invisibility/irrad disarm loki).

Ok so out of your regulars, Frost, Rhino, and Equinox all benefit greatly from that aura.

If your Rhino happens to run with a Steel Fiber(Which he should be) his armor then becomes 1800~ armor meaning tons more Iron Skin armor. 

If your Frost runs with Steel Fiber(Which he should definitely be) his armor would then become 2000~ armor meaning better health for his globe and may more ehp for himself.

Equinox usually wont run with  a steel fiber but his armor then becomes 550~ armor. This is HUGE amounts of armor which cam be very helpful to your team.

I mean even your Loki becomes 350~ armor which is your base armor lol

My rhino build focuses more on boosting Roar, with the effect of having a high iron skin to shrug off level 40- hits, immense damage with roar and low survivability outside of IS (although if I slapped the arcane syandana on him, this could be remedied). Equinox is another buffer with maim being useful, more relying on slash proccing enemies followed by a tigris to the face. I agree with chroma boosting frost, but I'd rather have a trinity refreshing Frost's energy so he can spam snowglobe to 1m health. I would rather be able to stack 2(or 20) 14k globes than 1 20k globe.This aura does help survive a stray hit from level 60s, but much higher than that and it is moot. Loki doesn't really need higher survivability if he has any idea of how to use movement 2.0 and invisibility.