The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the Purpose of FARMING if we cant use our mods in pvp?

MetehanY

For all those people that havent played warframe when PVP conclave was planet based and locked in by your total conclave ranking, when you went into a match of 800 or higher most people were insta killing you with either bows that hit for 1k+ or wouldnt die running rhino. maybe you were perma froze with frost. the thing is do you really want to say fight someone with an ignis who has poured 5 or 6 forma into the thing at the point where it can hit 2300+ per tick and go through walls without real aiming. or would you fight on an even playing ground where frames/weapons are regulated and the mods are there to provied little support to the skill needed to do pvp.

Besides not being a PVP oriented game PVP doesnt fit well within the lore of this universe. why would tenno fight? the only time you do is with syndicates. these fights are not to the death, the pvp is supposed to be a "sport" of the Tenno (at least this is how i understand it watching the game change). 

this is just to show some of the "cheese" that was, once upon a time.

*NOTE THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO* using it as an example 

12 hours ago, senorbushy said:

For all those people that havent played warframe when PVP conclave was planet based and locked in by your total conclave ranking, when you went into a match of 800 or higher most people were insta killing you with either bows that hit for 1k+ or wouldnt die running rhino. maybe you were perma froze with frost. the thing is do you really want to say fight someone with an ignis who has poured 5 or 6 forma into the thing at the point where it can hit 2300+ per tick and go through walls without real aiming. or would you fight on an even playing ground where frames/weapons are regulated and the mods are there to provied little support to the skill needed to do pvp.

Besides not being a PVP oriented game PVP doesnt fit well within the lore of this universe. why would tenno fight? the only time you do is with syndicates. these fights are not to the death, the pvp is supposed to be a "sport" of the Tenno (at least this is how i understand it watching the game change). 

this is just to show some of the "cheese" that was, once upon a time.

*NOTE THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO* using it as an example 

Just saying, that video is not cheese. That's what would be considered the honor system, where snipers one-shot and it's entirely about who hits first, and that took skill. I'm not saying it was balanced, but at least it did take skill, so I wouldn't  consider it cheese. Real cheese was mostly stuff like abilities that killed without effort. Mesa ult, for example.