Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Survival Tactics

(PSN)O_o_II_II_o_O

Question

As I prepare to embark on my first Tower Survival I was pondering my usual tactics and suddenly realised that I may be making a rookie error. 

In a nutshell, the moment life support is turned off I'm a killing machine. I see it, I chase it, I don't let up. However that simply spawns more quicker, so here is my thoughts/questions.

Playing solo, is it more beneficial to avoid too much slaughter to control the amount of enemies? In doing so will this slow down the increase in level as time progresses, thus making it easier to survive longer?

I know some of my points are obvious in relation to killing/spawning. However I just can't help it once berzerker kicks in to my Orthos. How does everyone else approach Survival?

6 answers to this question

In survival missions you want to be killing as fast as possible. Enemy scaling is determined by the amount of time you have been in that mission, not by how many enemies you kill. I like to try killing fast enough that I don't even need to make use of life support drops, it takes a load off that way if you can manage it.

So in other words I'm actually playing it perfectly. Thought it might be a case of kill for life support/energy but we will throw more at you at a faster rate, but glad to see I'm approaching it with the right mindset.

Was a few mission results that made me think whereby players were doing much less damage/kills and figured perhaps I was missing something. I guess not.

Another useful tip: If you get to a point where you can survive without having to use air support capsules as they spawn, activate the 8th capsule even if you dont need it (lets say you are at 70% air support) if you activate it at that point, you will be at 100%.

You may wonder why, theres no risk of running out of air support at 70%, right? Exactly, but after there are 8 capsules available lotus wont send more, therefore, you are not receiving any "extra" life support, so future capsules are being "wasted" because they are not being generated. On the other hand, If you activate it even if you dont need it, another life support will always be on its way.

After a bit of practice you can make it so you life support stays between 70% and 100% and theres always a life support capsule on its way (and 7 others on standby, ofc)

Edited by KillMePlis
Clarification

With vauban is easy. Go to a close space with 1 or 2 entrances.  Void grenade and hammer (or synoid simulor) time!!

If your frame is well built you can hold bastille or vortex all time up.

If I am on a team party, we look for a place where enemies conflux all time and then I keep bastille up and give support fire where needed.

Edited by ArionLightning