Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

On 14.06.2016 at 11:51 PM, Rakawan said:

As your forces arrive at the coloney you see that the carrier ships have already begun to descend. A message from Theylin reaches the Major.

"Sorry to jump ahead of your precious schedule." He says. "But if we waited any longer civilian casualties would have escalated." 

Scans show heavy fighting within the colony. Grineer ships are arriving, mostly Galleons and fighter craft.

The Mesa opens the comm and replies to the Theylin's transmission

"Clear on the situation. Inform your boys they'll have a couple of presents upon landing". Not turning the communicational channel off, she briefly gave orders to her clanmates, "The basic scenario remains the same: left-wing - provide air support; right-wing - clear the shore and shove the hostile fighters to aerospace; carrier one - land and assist the friendly ground forces; carrier two - execute the "hammerhead" scenario once the right wing will clear the trail for a force-boarding. To hunt, tigers!", she exclaimed confidently.  

Just after the roles divide, the column broke in two; three xiphos attackers, one carrier mantis, and two scimitar fighters took a course to the defined landing point while three remaining scimitars, the other mantis, and the liset proceeded to engage the space targets.

Down in the miners settlement, the local security forces, militia, and last-minute-volunteers tried to slow the grineer down, struggling to hold their ground desperately. The evac vessels landed first, dropping Sons of Hayden troopers, who momentarily engaged the skirmish. Then, after about ten seconds, a duet of heavy scimitar fighters flew on low height, taking down the grineer carriers that didn't manage to land in time with air-to-air missiles. Then, after six seconds after fighters swift swoop, the trio of xiphoses combed out the grineer land units and armored troop carriers with the fire of heavy automatic cannons, suppressing the closest hoards of clones that already tried to breach the landing perimeter and disabling armored vehicles that covered infantry onslaught. On the second run, the attack vessels dropped per a heavy sentry turret that began to shower the now-confused clones with high-caliber rounds, helping the landing forces to clear out the drop point from hostile presence. When the trio of xiphoses flew for their third round, the mantis carrier dropped a healing station and disembarked a land squad featuring Frost, Oberon, Nova, and Banshee. Frost almost instinctively raised his snowglobe around the healing tower and dropped the team energy restorer; Oberon spewed the numerous healing orbs, aiding the allied troopers that were hit shortly after disembarking, and began to infuse everyone's weapons as fast as the energy restorers allowed; Nova and Banshee took more secure position and cast their most team-benefitting abilities, rendering yet-surviving grineer troopers vulnerable, slowed, and exposed to tenno radars. While the landing party was preoccupied with clearing out the "beach", all of the five left-wing air units took the opportunity of sudden attack and charged straight at the galleon that stuck in the atmosphere. With the combined fire of five well-armed units, they blew the armored mug of the "floating caterpillar" that fruitlessly tried to turn around and to cut one's lucky to its two siblings that were still hanging in space.

Back in space, however, the skirmish was much more ferocious: four tenno aircraft vigorously fought the numerous grineer fighters, avoiding the fire from deck calibers. The dogfight was brutal. The only thing that kept the tenno forces intact was the fact that galleons deck calibers were poor flak cannons, allowing fast and relatively small vessels to stay safe as long as they keep maneuvering. But still, there were lesser grineer vessels and dregs that had to be taken down and so slowed the advancement of the right-wing. The progress became possible only when the two scimitar fighters from the left-wing joined their comrades. With additional firepower, the striking echelon broke the resistance of minor grineer flying objects and made it possible for the second mantis carrier to make it close enough to breach the galleon's hull with the boarding capsule near the captain bridge. As soon as the breach happened, the team of fighters suddely disengaged the dogfight and flew away from the both remaining galleons. Four minutes and twenty seconds after, the breached galleon began to turn around in his "sibling's" direction. Half a minute later, when it began to go to the forehead, a group of  archwing-equipped figures flew out from the "wound" of the kamikadze ship, charging swiftly to the mantis carrier that ejected them a few minutes ago.

So that's what these bastards call the "hammerhead" scenario...

Edited by Teloch

10 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"At least he died a honorable dead. Also i'm grateful that you where willing to share this story with me." Katrina took a glare over to the foreman to see if he gave any signal about them reaching their destination.

The foreman gestures to set down the boxes and the group moves back towards the stairs.

"I am glad you took an interest in it." Maurice says. "Most Tenno do not associate with civilians. Nor the other way around. Sometimes I feel we are too divided."

She looks at you.

"Tell me about yourself." She says. "A story, for a story. You must have a great deal many tales."

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The foreman gestures to set down the boxes and the group moves back towards the stairs.

"I am glad you took an interest in it." Maurice says. "Most Tenno do not associate with civilians. Nor the other way around. Sometimes I feel we are too divided."

She looks at you.

"Tell me about yourself." She says. "A story, for a story. You must have a great deal many tales."

Katrina  put th box she was holding down. "I can understand that tenno and civilians can have a hard time around each other. Was like that too in my clan."

She took a minute to think about a story, she could only think of one. "Well there is one strange tale i could tell. It was on earth, i has found a group of humans trying to escape the grineer, i tried to help them but we ended up getting pinned. We desperatly tried fending them of as i had ran out of energy. Something then just simply cut down the grineer that pinned us. They approached me afterwards and handed me an odd looking gun and said 'you fought for a noble cause.' Afterwards they told me to go to my ship and that he would bring the humans to safety. A few days later i got a message from the group of humans. They all had made it out alive. When i asked them about the figure the told me they only know their name, Epoch."

On 6/16/2016 at 9:12 AM, Yzjdriel said:

Teshin looked out at the assembled crowd and called out, "Begin."

Richard immediately cast Rift Walk, but Sasha was just as quick.  She tagged him with a couple of spores as they sprang apart and turned to face each other.

"Well, isn't this interesting?"  He asked as they slowly circled each other.  "I'm here in the Rift, and you're there in the not..."

"Spores cross the rift," she said as she popped one with a shot from her Redeemer.

"True."  Richard drew his Broken War and held it like a Nikana.  "Your move."

Sasha put her Redeemer away and unsheathed a Mios.

Richard laughed.  "Putting the lash in Toxic Lash, I see.  Well done."

Sasha swung the whip-sword, and Richard parried with his Broken War.  Her Redeemer came back out from behind her back, but he deflected the pellets with the Fang Prime blades in his left hand.

She yanked hard on the chain, and Richard flicked his wrist to allow her weapon to unwrap itself from around his blade and assumed a classic sparring pose.

"Three blades?  Really?"

Richard shrugged and slipped one of the Fangs up his sleeve.  "Better?"

Edited by Yzjdriel

On 6/19/2016 at 10:45 AM, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus had walked over to his Scimitar and took off, wondering if his help could be used elsewhere.

His Navigation console still showed the coordinates of where he'd first landed.  The construction of the building was not yet finished.

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded and took off to the construction site.

As he neared the landing pad again, he could see out his window that all the materials had arrived on-site, and that three of the first-floor walls were already up.

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

As he neared the landing pad again, he could see out his window that all the materials had arrived on-site, and that three of the first-floor walls were already up.

Foleus landed and looked around approvingly.

"Quite efficient, these builders..."

45 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus landed and looked around approvingly.

"Quite efficient, these builders..."

There was a loud THUD, and a cloud of dust suddenly erupted from the site.

"Sorry!" someone yelled.  "Power surge."  A few low mechanical rumbles could be heard, then the construction sounds resumed.

12 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

There was a loud THUD, and a cloud of dust suddenly erupted from the site.

"Sorry!" someone yelled.  "Power surge."  A few low mechanical rumbles could be heard, then the construction sounds resumed.

Foleus walked over to see if he could help.

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus walked over to see if he could help.

He found the site a bustling mass of floating pieces of stone, wood, and glass.  An Archon saw him coming and waved.  "Ho, Tenno!  Here to help?"

14 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Katrina  put th box she was holding down. "I can understand that tenno and civilians can have a hard time around each other. Was like that too in my clan."

She took a minute to think about a story, she could only think of one. "Well there is one strange tale i could tell. It was on earth, i has found a group of humans trying to escape the grineer, i tried to help them but we ended up getting pinned. We desperatly tried fending them of as i had ran out of energy. Something then just simply cut down the grineer that pinned us. They approached me afterwards and handed me an odd looking gun and said 'you fought for a noble cause.' Afterwards they told me to go to my ship and that he would bring the humans to safety. A few days later i got a message from the group of humans. They all had made it out alive. When i asked them about the figure the told me they only know their name, Epoch."

"Did you ever find out more about this figure?" Maurice asks.

((Sorry for the hiatus, had to give those foundries some time to work.))

Lord stood on the beachfront where his research facilities were to be set up, his Salix syandana flapping gently in the wind. Multiple objects which appeared to be markers had been stuck into the ground at regular intervals. He held two fingers to his helmet's "ear" and appeared to be speaking to someone. He nodded and took his hand off his helmet, and looked to the sky.

In the space far from Synergy, a large squad of Landers queued for the Rail. Many of them were plain Lisets, embossed with a strange logo on the front. Leading them was a white-and-orange Xiphos, bearing smaller versions of the logo. A transmission was sent to rail control:

"This is GOTE Convoy 1 , prepping for jump. We are in the process of providing resources for a research effort requested by one of our forerunners. Our cargo manifest is described as follows:". A massive list was transmitted to Rail Control. "Please send affirmation or negation within the hour, or we will move on."

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Did you ever find out more about this figure?" Maurice asks.

"Well i never seen him afterwards. But clanmates did cross paths with him. Each one he told the same thing about a noble cause. Well there is one exception with an outsider of the clan. Guy got his warframe destroyed and Epoch said he broke certain rules. Still have no idea what kind of rules he means with it."

Edited by kyrozon

5 hours ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

((Sorry for the hiatus, had to give those foundries some time to work.))

Lord stood on the beachfront where his research facilities were to be set up, his Salix syandana flapping gently in the wind. Multiple objects which appeared to be markers had been stuck into the ground at regular intervals. He held two fingers to his helmet's "ear" and appeared to be speaking to someone. He nodded and took his hand off his helmet, and looked to the sky.

In the space far from Synergy, a large squad of Landers queued for the Rail. Many of them were plain Lisets, embossed with a strange logo on the front. Leading them was a white-and-orange Xiphos, bearing smaller versions of the logo. A transmission was sent to rail control:

"This is GOTE Convoy 1 , prepping for jump. We are in the process of providing resources for a research effort requested by one of our forerunners. Our cargo manifest is described as follows:". A massive list was transmitted to Rail Control. "Please send affirmation or negation within the hour, or we will move on."

"You are cleared for punch." Simon says. "Go ahead."

15 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded.

"Indeed."

"Excellent.  Your Warframe is a..." he squinted at Foleus as he approached.  "Vauban, correct?"  He gestured to a small pile of materials.  "We could use some help lifting these up so we can lay in the second floor."

11 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Excellent.  Your Warframe is a..." he squinted at Foleus as he approached.  "Vauban, correct?"  He gestured to a small pile of materials.  "We could use some help lifting these up so we can lay in the second floor."

Foleus nodded and tossed down a Bastille to make lifting the materials easier.

On 6/21/2016 at 8:02 AM, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded and tossed down a Bastille to make lifting the materials easier.

The Archon smiled and began lifting large wooden planks into the air, where they hung suspended by the Bastille.  A Seraph flew over and carried one of the weightless planks to the upper floor, where two other Seraphs were already hammering in another.

Within minutes the second floor could support the full weight of a team of Archons, and construction of the walls continued.

"It's only going to be two stories, but the walls will be another meter above the second ceiling because the roof will be an open-air dining area," an Archon explained to Foleus as he walked by carrying a sheet of glass.

Edited by Yzjdriel

57 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

The Archon smiled and began lifting large wooden planks into the air, where they hung suspended by the Bastille.  A Seraph flew over and carriedone of the weightless planks to the upper floor, where two other Seraphs were already hammering in another.

Within minutes the second floor could support the full weight of a team of Archons, and construction of the walls continued.

"It's only going to be two stories, but the walls will be another meter above the second ceiling because the roof will be an open-air dining area," an Archon explained to Foleus as he walked by carrying a sheet of glass.

Foleus nodded.

"Sounds like a good use of space."

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"You are cleared for punch." Simon says. "Go ahead."

As the ships moved closer to the Rail, they began to be surrounded by glowing white rings and emit a strange humming noise. The rings glowed brighter as they neared the Rail, and then they were gone.

The squad flew over the planet, attempting to locate Lord. When they finally did, the Xiphos set down and an orange-and-white Vauban came out to greet Lord. "Ah, LordOfTheEnd14 himself, it's quite the honor." he said while bowing sarcastically. "Found yourself a new hidey-hole?"

Lord nodded back. "Tjeker14, sarcastic as always. The research facilities have arrived, I see. Will you be overseeing them as usual?" 

The Vauban shook his head. "Not this time. Got some prior arrangements. So I brought a new one for you to order around." He turned back to a Liset that had just landed. "Stendra, get out here!"

An orange-and-grey Banshee walked out of the ship, a black band around her shoulder indicating her high position in the Guild. "A bit scatterbrained, that one, but she'll get the job done." Stendra walked over to Lord, and stood at attention. Lord stared at her through his helmet. "She'd better."

On 6/20/2016 at 0:27 PM, Yzjdriel said:

Sasha put her Redeemer away and unsheathed a Mios.

Richard laughed.  "Putting the lash in Toxic Lash, I see.  Well done."

Sasha swung the whip-sword, and Richard parried with his Broken War.  Her Redeemer came back out from behind her back, but he deflected the pellets with the Fang Prime blades in his left hand.

She yanked hard on the chain, and Richard flicked his wrist to allow her weapon to unwrap itself from around his blade and assumed a classic sparring pose.

"Three blades?  Really?"

Richard shrugged and slipped one of the Fangs up his sleeve.  "Better?"

Sasha charged him in response, blade flashing.  Richard sidestepped lazily and snagged her Redeemer with his Broken War, flinging it across the clearing.  He moved to stand in front of it and beckoned her forward.

She sighed.  "You'll come out of the Rift eventually," she said as he did exactly that.

Richard shrugged as he immediately Rift Walked again.  "You'll have to capitalize on that instead of talking about it."

She swung the Mios' chain again, and Richard smirked as it passed right through him.  "Mind your own duration first, Sass."

"Yeah, yeah."  She pulled the chain back, activating Toxic Lash as it returned, catching Richard from behind and pulling him toward her.

He jumped, kicking the main blade of her Mios, as it was the only thing he could contact.  The force of his kick knocked her backward and allowed him to remain between her and her Redeemer.

Edited by Yzjdriel

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

*Duality looks around with her Conculyst pet next to Chlora, she looks around for this "Tournament" *

"So, whats going on?..."

*Yeah whats going on?.."

A few townspeople noticed Duality on the landing pad, but no one stopped to stare.  It seemed that Tenno, while uncommon, weren't something they were unused to seeing around.