Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

The ship had been monitored constantly since its arrival, so it was less than a second before orders were rapped out on the bridge of the Vaykor Fomorian.  A tractor beam locked on to the falling craft, but it was moving too quickly: it was out of range within seconds, and so was only pulled into a rapidly decaying orbit.

CALC opened an emergency channel to Chlora.  "Chlora, your Landing Craft has experienced power failure and is in a rapidly decaying orbit.  Engines and propulsion are offline, and the Fomorian is too far away to lock on a strong enough tractor beam to prevent it from entering the atmosphere.  I can adjust the descent angle enough to allow the Fomorian to position itself to prevent a crash, but I will need to assume remote control of the vessel.  Do I have your authorization to assume control of the stabilizer systems?"

*Chlora responds*

"Granted, do not all_WHY DO YOU DEFILE US?....*the radio just goes sataic* 

*The moment she finishes that, odd speech, her ships nav-controls explodes, along with the other systems!*

Edited by LegionCynex

*he flies down to orbit and goes to orbit, he then sees the flying wreckage of the crashing ship, it was too dangerous to open fire*

"Rail-Control what is that ship doing!, its crashing and all systems are offline, I dont think it whuold be possible to stop that thing, unless....."

19 hours ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord nodded. "I was considering going, but I was afraid I'd get a bit too cocky and try to jump in. I'm afraid my combat skill is not what it once was."

"Why not give it a go?" Ryoko said. "I'm sure the recruits could learn something, from watching you."

55 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord nodded. "I suppose so. Any word on the competitors? Any soaring praise?"

"If you see a big Grineer with a shoulder cannon, don't expect to win." He says. "Short of that you should be able handle most of the competitors."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"If you see a big Grineer with a shoulder cannon, don't expect to win." He says. "Short of that you should be able handle most of the competitors."

Lord held up a hand, observing the ball of purple energy he'd created. "You'd be surprised, what this old hunk of junk can do." he chuckled. "Alright, I guess I'll watch for a while. Don't expect me to jump into a match right away, though." He started walking towards his Scimitar, which he had landed a short distance away. "Where do I find this tournament?"

1 minute ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord held up a hand, observing the ball of purple energy he'd created. "You'd be surprised, what this old hunk of junk can do." he chuckled. "Alright, I guess I'll watch for a while. Don't expect me to jump into a match right away, though." He started walking towards his Scimitar, which he had landed a short distance away. "Where do I find this tournament?"

The Arbiter holds up a hand glowing with golden energy.

"Why walk?" He asks. "I'm sure you're curious about how I get around."

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Arbiter holds up a hand glowing with golden energy.

"Why walk?" He asks. "I'm sure you're curious about how I get around."

Lord turned around. "I hadn't intended to walk, but I suppose I am curious about how you seem to teleport around." He tapped his helmet's ear again. "Stendra, get the labs up and running while I'm away"

11 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord turned around. "I hadn't intended to walk, but I suppose I am curious about how you seem to teleport around." He tapped his helmet's ear again. "Stendra, get the labs up and running while I'm away"

The Arbiter points at you and golden light flares. You find yourself on a grassy plain as it fades.

"I hope you got readings of that." He says. "I'm afraid I can't tell you though. Trade secret."

You look around and see several Tenno, and a few odd beings in assorted armors. 

On 6/22/2016 at 6:35 PM, Rakawan said:

The Arbiter points at you and golden light flares. You find yourself on a grassy plain as it fades.

"I hope you got readings of that." He says. "I'm afraid I can't tell you though. Trade secret."

You look around and see several Tenno, and a few odd beings in assorted armors. 

Lord  looked to Ryoko and nodded. "Don't think I can extrapolate much from those readings, but thanks anyway." He began walking towards the crowd, checking his armaments as he walked.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

22 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"A Tournament? sounds interesting. Mind pointing me in the direction i need to go?"

Maurice gestured in the general direction one would need to walk to get there.  "You can't miss it: there'll be quite a crowd."

19 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*It seems not realize he is fleeing of fear, he chases after him in a playful manner*

He seemed to catch on that the Sentient was friendly and stopped abruptly, looking confused.  He looked it up and down and waved his arm at it tentatively.

18 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*Chlora responds*

"Granted, do not all_WHY DO YOU DEFILE US?....*the radio just goes sataic* 

*The moment she finishes that, odd speech, her ships nav-controls explodes, along with the other systems!*

CALC had been prepared for this possibility, though it was concerning how the ship had exploded precisely as Chlora had given permission.  A surface-based tractor beam locked onto the careening wreckage of the ship and held it in place as the Fomorian raced over.

18 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*he flies down to orbit and goes to orbit, he then sees the flying wreckage of the crashing ship, it was too dangerous to open fire*

"Rail-Control what is that ship doing!, its crashing and all systems are offline, I dont think it whuold be possible to stop that thing, unless....."

"It experienced sudden power failure, followed by a series of internal explosions.  The situation is under control; the Infestation will be eradicated shortly.  Please continue with your business."

22 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Maurice gestured in the general direction one would need to walk to get there.  "You can't miss it: there'll be quite a crowd."

Katrina did a short bow to Maurice. "Thanks for telling me. hopefully i will see you again sometime." She said as she started to walk to the direction pointed out. 

On 2016-06-21 at 1:17 PM, Yzjdriel said:

Sasha surveyed him for a few moments.  "I've never actually seen you wear a Limbo before," she remarked.  "I mean, I know you're a competent pilot of every Warframe, but I've never actually seen you wear anything other than Trinity, Zephyr, and Oberon."

"Stop stalling," Richard said as he left the Rift again.  "You're only giving me more time to plan."

Sasha growled and made a bullet-jumping charge.  Richard allowed her to pass through him and grabbed her Mios as she flew by, throwing her back down to the ground where she'd been before.

"Why haven't I Banished you yet?" he asked her.

"Because you have something to teach me."  She stood up.

Richard spread his hands wide, showing that neither held a blade.  "What kind of lesson do you think it is?"

"Knowing you, it's a good one, but you won't tell me until this is over."

Richard shrugged.  "Well?"

Sasha suddenly charged, making a bullet jump straight through him.  He turned around to face her as she picked up her Redeemer, lunged, and fired point-blank into his chest....

The pellets went straight through him and she fell flat on her face.  She scrambled to stand up, but Richard was faster.  His Rift Walk properly ran out this time, and the Fang Prime that came back out of his sleeve was pressed firmly against the back of her neck.

"Winner," declared Teshin, and Richard stood up and offered his hand to his student.  Sasha looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to explain.

"I manually deactivated my Rift Walk a second early every time I used it until you made your move.  You timed it perfectly, but one second was all you needed to fail."

She punched him in the shoulder playfully.  "Cheater."

Richard laughed and looked at the assembled crowd.  "Wonder who's next."

Edited by Yzjdriel

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Knowing you, it's a good one, but you won't tell me until this is over."

Richard shrugged.  "Well?"

Sasha suddenly charged, making a bullet jump straight through him.  He turned around to face her as she picked up her Redeemer, lunged, and fired point-blank into his chest....

The pellets went straight through him and she fell flat on her face.  She scrambled to stand up, but Richard was faster.  His Rift Walk properly ran out this time, and the Fang Prime that came back out of his sleeve was pressed firmly against the back of her neck.

"Winner," declared Teshin, and Richard stood up and offered his hand to his student.  Sasha looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to explain.

"I manually deactivated my Rift Walk a second early every time I used it until you made your move.  You timed it perfectly, but one second was all you needed to fail."

She punched him in the shoulder playfully.  "Cheater."

Richard laughed and looked at the assembled crowd.  "Wonder who's next."

Lord let out a low whistle from the crowd. "Good strategy, that.", he whispered to himself. He considered going into the ring, but thought better of it. He would wait until he had watched a decent amount of the competitors before jumping in himself...

On June 19, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Teloch said:

The Mesa opens the comm and replies to the Theylin's transmission

"Clear on the situation. Inform your boys they'll have a couple of presents upon landing". Not turning the communicational channel off, she briefly gave orders to her clanmates, "The basic scenario remains the same: left-wing - provide air support; right-wing - clear the shore and shove the hostile fighters to aerospace; carrier one - land and assist the friendly ground forces; carrier two - execute the "hammerhead" scenario once the right wing will clear the trail for a force-boarding. To hunt, tigers!", she exclaimed confidently.  

Just after the roles divide, the column broke in two; three xiphos attackers, one carrier mantis, and two scimitar fighters took a course to the defined landing point while three remaining scimitars, the other mantis, and the liset proceeded to engage the space targets.

Down in the miners settlement, the local security forces, militia, and last-minute-volunteers tried to slow the grineer down, struggling to hold their ground desperately. The evac vessels landed first, dropping Sons of Hayden troopers, who momentarily engaged the skirmish. Then, after about ten seconds, a duet of heavy scimitar fighters flew on low height, taking down the grineer carriers that didn't manage to land in time with air-to-air missiles. Then, after six seconds after fighters swift swoop, the trio of xiphoses combed out the grineer land units and armored troop carriers with the fire of heavy automatic cannons, suppressing the closest hoards of clones that already tried to breach the landing perimeter and disabling armored vehicles that covered infantry onslaught. On the second run, the attack vessels dropped per a heavy sentry turret that began to shower the now-confused clones with high-caliber rounds, helping the landing forces to clear out the drop point from hostile presence. When the trio of xiphoses flew for their third round, the mantis carrier dropped a healing station and disembarked a land squad featuring Frost, Oberon, Nova, and Banshee. Frost almost instinctively raised his snowglobe around the healing tower and dropped the team energy restorer; Oberon spewed the numerous healing orbs, aiding the allied troopers that were hit shortly after disembarking, and began to infuse everyone's weapons as fast as the energy restorers allowed; Nova and Banshee took more secure position and cast their most team-benefitting abilities, rendering yet-surviving grineer troopers vulnerable, slowed, and exposed to tenno radars. While the landing party was preoccupied with clearing out the "beach", all of the five left-wing air units took the opportunity of sudden attack and charged straight at the galleon that stuck in the atmosphere. With the combined fire of five well-armed units, they blew the armored mug of the "floating caterpillar" that fruitlessly tried to turn around and to cut one's lucky to its two siblings that were still hanging in space.

Back in space, however, the skirmish was much more ferocious: four tenno aircraft vigorously fought the numerous grineer fighters, avoiding the fire from deck calibers. The dogfight was brutal. The only thing that kept the tenno forces intact was the fact that galleons deck calibers were poor flak cannons, allowing fast and relatively small vessels to stay safe as long as they keep maneuvering. But still, there were lesser grineer vessels and dregs that had to be taken down and so slowed the advancement of the right-wing. The progress became possible only when the two scimitar fighters from the left-wing joined their comrades. With additional firepower, the striking echelon broke the resistance of minor grineer flying objects and made it possible for the second mantis carrier to make it close enough to breach the galleon's hull with the boarding capsule near the captain bridge. As soon as the breach happened, the team of fighters suddely disengaged the dogfight and flew away from the both remaining galleons. Four minutes and twenty seconds after, the breached galleon began to turn around in his "sibling's" direction. Half a minute later, when it began to go to the forehead, a group of  archwing-equipped figures flew out from the "wound" of the kamikadze ship, charging swiftly to the mantis carrier that ejected them a few minutes ago.

So that's what these bastards call the "hammerhead" scenario...

"Civilians loaded." Theylin says. "We have incoming."

Several Grineer warships come out of punch. Several of the Sons of Hayden's ships fire. The beams tear into the Galleons.

"Fold engines charging." He says. "Keep them off us for a few more minutes."

Beams lance out from the ships, cleaving through Grineer fighters. But for every one they cut down more arrive. Still the sheer firepower the shops can muster is impressive.

A chroma was waiting at the rail. His armor was pitch black, and the energy beneath the frame glowed a bright toxic green. Most of his weapons were tucked away cleverly, though he made no effort to hide the massive saw blade launcher on his back. All grinder manufactured weaponry. His armor was decorated with grineer plates as well, matching his armor. 

As as he was waiting, a slew of questions popped up from the holo display. He let out a grunt and looked at the console

"

Name?

Race?

Reason for visiting?

Cargo to Declare?

"

He responded with another grunt and began grumbling

"Ko-Rovak. Gr... Tenno. Business. Guns."

He clearly wasn't used to responding so mechanically, though he got it over with as quickly as possible.

5 minutes ago, Dynamon_X said:

A chroma was waiting at the rail. His armor was pitch black, and the energy beneath the frame glowed a bright toxic green. Most of his weapons were tucked away cleverly, though he made no effort to hide the massive saw blade launcher on his back. All grinder manufactured weaponry. His armor was decorated with grineer plates as well, matching his armor. 

As as he was waiting, a slew of questions popped up from the holo display. He let out a grunt and looked at the console

"

Name?

Race?

Reason for visiting?

Cargo to Declare?

"

He responded with another grunt and began grumbling

"Ko-Rovak. Gr... Tenno. Business. Guns."

He clearly wasn't used to responding so mechanically, though he got it over with as quickly as possible.

"Guns." Simon says. "Anything out of the ordinary? Or just standard munitions and weaponry"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Guns." Simon says. "Anything out of the ordinary? Or just standard munitions and weaponry"

Already Ko-Rovak began getting irritated. His temper was unusually short, and he quickly got into arguments, one of the reasons why his armor was heavily scarred. 

"Saw blades, chainsaws, and nail guns."

As he said that he tenderly rubbed one of the gremlins on his right thigh.

18 minutes ago, Dynamon_X said:

Already Ko-Rovak began getting irritated. His temper was unusually short, and he quickly got into arguments, one of the reasons why his armor was heavily scarred. 

"Saw blades, chainsaws, and nail guns."

As he said that he tenderly rubbed one of the gremlins on his right thigh.

"Alright scans check out."Simon says. "Have a good time on Phenix."

You see the rail power up and wait for you.

Ko-Rovak entered in and harshly shut off the comms. He muttered quietly to himself

"Shuk... Thought he'd never shut up... Skoom."

He chuckled quietly and went through the rail... After a few moments, he found himself on Phenix. He departed from the rail and entered the main building, searching around for some directions to the steel meridian headquarters.

He had come to broker a deal between Steel Meridian and another faction of grineer, though he had no idea where to start looking. He stopped somebody close by

"Hey, you. Shuk, you got to help me out. Where's Steel Meridian?"

His voice had a heavy grineer accent, despite clearly being a Tenno.

(If anyone wants to rp with me)

Edited by Dynamon_X

[A Trinity prime meditates in the middle section of her orbiter as it approaches the rail. Though she was mute, for her own personal reasons, her ship Cephalon, Eon was fond of calling her Nox, as he spoke on her behalf this had become her de-facto name. She was rather rare among her operator's warframes, a foundry mishap having resulted in a modified helmet, and eventually, sentience. Her operator still guided her, provided her power, but unlike the normal, 'surrogate' nature of warframes, Nox and her operator worked under a sort of symbiosis. Unlike most other frames, she never went into storage, instead roaming the ship when not in use, often tinkering with weaponry or, her latest project, a proxy made out of advanced corpus proxies and orkokin technology. Currently however, the base parts of her modified Vectis prime floated just around her, some of the accents and parts recognizeable as a boltor prime receiver as they floated. After several hours, Eon notifies her that they are nearing the solar rail, rumored to lead to Phenix, one of the few planetside tenno territories she knew of. Gathering her thoughts, she initiated transferrance with her operator, the vectis prime reassembling itself before she grabs it.]

She typed in the answers to the Transmitted form, allowing Eon to take control of her voice modulator.

Name:Nox, interpreter: Eon

Race: Tenno/Warframe

Reason for visiting: Research and Engineering

Cargo to Declare: Various Corpus proxy, and Prime parts, may need assistance in moving. All corpus proxy units are fully reprogrammed, disarmed and currently inert.

20 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

He seemed to catch on that the Sentient was friendly and stopped abruptly, looking confused.  He looked it up and down and waved his arm at it tentatively.

*It till's its head in confusion, and his left arm, mimics his arm movement, the orb glows a bit, and whuold seem to try and scan the young lad, the Sentient then plops itself down onto the floor, it looks at the other civs, walking past, wondered if it caused a stir, it then watched the others leave to a tournament, it then flies off where the civs are going to*