The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

17 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Soon after the landing, Therese took some time to study the reconstruction works. It always turns out messy and a bit disorganized when soldiers place the field kitchens, temporary barracks and clear spaces for more formidable buildings. Armored humans threshed about busily while the reallocation hustle went on. In particular, Therese stopped to look at the target practicing operatives. The shooting range was primitive, especially compared to the simulacrum and her clan firing ranges. What specifically took her attention was the guns they were using. She kept the distance to oversee the process of training.

Ulf, in the meanwhile, grow bored of hustling with the crowd and eyeing soldiers moving their belongings to the new place of stay. In such situation, he would usually instigate a conversation, but for this time, he decided not to bother anyone with his endless questionings. He returned to the place near the drop location, where they parted with Melanie a bit earlier. Unsurprisingly, she was busy typing something on her holo-pad. He spoke to her somewhat casually.

"A tough day, eh? Quite a tiresome one, considering the events, political stuff, the court, and reallocation process. So..." he paused contemplating if he really should ask what he wanted to, "How are you holding up? As in personally"

The Operatives are using what appears to be a advanced version of the Burston. It features a bullpup magazine and seems somewhat larger, the sound from it firing gives the impression that the rounds are high impact rounds. They appear to be very organized, their volleys concise and accurate. Nowhere near the accuracy that Tenno possess, but impressive for what you assume to be civilian operatives. The range master notices you and walks over. His helmet is down and you see a rough face.

"Something I can help you with?" He asks. His stance and gaze paint the picture of a grizzled veteran who prefers preparation to formality. 

Melanie looks up from the pad.

"Honestly I am relieved." She says. "Have you ever found yourself in a job where you know you aren't prepared, but can't leave? Where you struggle with every decision, but are the only one respected enough to make them?"

She shakes her head.

"That's what it was like." She said. "But now, now I can focus on what I know. Guerilla warfare, military matters."

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Code? What code are they talking about?" Fell wondered, not questioning it.

Fell was unsettled by the strange cylinders and the body inside it.

"So... you're creating new bodies for them?" 

He just felt as if he was talking to a crazy grineer scientist.

"You make me sound like some mad scientist." Tsun says. "I'm cloning a body for them, to replace the one they lost."

He rubs his arm.

"The process.... isn't perfected yet." He says. "But its good enough to give them a surrogate, something to use when they aren;t fighting. Enough to give them some semblence of normality."

He leads you to a large room, the dark grey walls covered in red banners and the floor covered in mats. At the center sits a Nekros with the Shroud Helmet; his armor is similar, but different, from Misery's.

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." He says. "How quaint that humans chose that upon crafting nuclear weapons. What phrase did the orokin voice when we were made, I wonder?"

He folds the book he holds.

"Grandmaster." He says, bowing to you. "Sage." To Tsun.

"I have not asked him yet." Tsun says. "I was hoping you could explain things to him, while I assist the others."

Death looks at you and nods.

"Yes, of course." He says. "Have a seat, Fell."

He does not wait for you to comply, as Tsun leaves the room, but instead places his hands on his knees and bows his head. The candles in the room begin to go out and red light flickers between you and him, as if a projector is preparing a hologram.

"What do you know of the Oro-Keepers?" He asks. "Of Tsun's existence?"

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Something I can help you with." He asks. His stance and gaze paint the picture of a grizzled veteran who prefers preparation to formality.

"Just studying. The trigger discipline is fair, the equipment seems maintained and customized, but the structure may need some advancements and expansions for more complicated shooting exercises. I assume you are an infantry sergeant who oversees the place? Name's Therese. A major to those tenno ops who assisted you on the ground a few hours ago"

She diverted her gaze back on the firing range

"There will be a shipment with cargo flying here soon. I assume archons will also help with the unloading?" 

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That's what it was like." She said. "But now, now I can focus on what I know. Guerilla warfare, military matters."

"Good to hear then. Just thought that such mess taking place during someone's shift may really be unnerving" 

He took a moment to think of how to continue the conversation

"Erlier, I met a kid named Sai'ah. Is that your daughter? And why do everyone call her "princess"?"

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, Luthim said:

"Of course.." She replied and followed him while giving Brandon a quick glance. But they don't act the same... She noted to herself about his seemingly self-learned focus.

*He looks down and then turns to her* "You said you can grab memories right, download them and such, but..tell me, can you..trasfure pain to another?, like..if someone was sick and you put it onto another?"

"Cuz..I want that, I want you to put me in that Coma, I want to be in that bed, rather then Sam.."

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You make me sound like some mad scientist." Tsun says. "I'm cloning a body for them, to replace the one they lost."

He rubs his arm.

"The process.... isn't perfected yet." He says. "But its good enough to give them a surrogate, something to use when they aren;t fighting. Enough to give them some semblence of normality."

He leads you to a large room, the dark grey walls covered in red banners and the floor covered in mats. At the center sits a Nekros with the Shroud Helmet; his armor is similar, but different, from Misery's.

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." He says. "How quaint that humans chose that upon crafting nuclear weapons. What phrase did the orokin voice when we were made, I wonder?"

He folds the book he holds.

"Grandmaster." He says, bowing to you. "Sage." To Tsun.

"I have not asked him yet." Tsun says. "I was hoping you could explain things to him, while I assist the others."

Death looks at you and nods.

"Yes, of course." He says. "Have a seat, Fell."

He does not wait for you to comply, as Tsun leaves the room, but instead places his hands on his knees and bows his head. The candles in the room begin to go out and red light flickers between you and him, as if a projector is preparing a hologram.

"What do you know of the Oro-Keepers?" He asks. "Of Tsun's existence?"

"It's just something strange to think about. To not live in the body originaly belonging to you. Although I guess transference was the same." Fell replies as he follows Tsun.

Fell was caught offguard by being called Grandmaster but let's Tsun do the talking. 

He sits down and looked at the flickering light.

"From what I saw the Oro-keepers have mastered the void to such a degree they can use it outside their warframe. From what I was told they allowed Tsun to live on after his demise. There isn't much else I have knowledge off."

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

"It's just something strange to think about. To not live in the body originaly belonging to you. Although I guess transference was the same." Fell replies as he follows Tsun.

Fell was caught offguard by being called Grandmaster but let's Tsun do the talking. 

He sits down and looked at the flickering light.

"From what I saw the Oro-keepers have mastered the void to such a degree they can use it outside their warframe. From what I was told they allowed Tsun to live on after his demise. There isn't much else I have knowledge off."

"Indeed." Death says. "They use the Oro, the Void Imprint of a Tenno, to preserve the dead. Stalker found a way to shove that Oro into a warframe, creating us, and Tsun used that method to inhabit a new body."

Death laughs.

"All Tenno can use the void outside a frame." He says. "The frames simply focus it, make it easier."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Indeed." Death says. "They use the Oro, the Void Imprint of a Tenno, to preserve the dead. Stalker found a way to shove that Oro into a warframe, creating us, and Tsun used that method to inhabit a new body."

Death laughs.

"All Tenno can use the void outside a frame." He says. "The frames simply focus it, make it easier."

Fell was about to speak up again before a notification popped up on his hud. He quickly read it. "Oh you got to be kidding me right now..."

---

An orange and grey liset approaches the rail to Phenix.  Inside it was a grey, white and orange Asuri nova with the Lamia helmet. She opened a voice channel to rail control. "I am Cyria, representive of the Fire Hawx clan. If I am correct an old friend of mine know as Fell is present on this planet. Could you acknowledge this?"

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Just studying. The trigger discipline is fair, the equipment seems maintained and customized, but the structure may need some advancements and expansions for more complicated shooting exercises. I assume you are an infantry sergeant who oversees the place? Name's Therese. A major to those tenno ops who assisted you on the ground a few hours ago"

She diverted her gaze back on the firing range

"There will be a shipment with cargo flying here soon. I assume archons will also help with the unloading?" 

"Good to hear then. Just thought that such mess taking place during someone's shift may really be unnerving" 

He took a moment to think of how to continue the conversation

"Erlier, I met a kid named Sai'ah. Is that your daughter? And why do everyone call her "princess"?"

"Infantry Sergeant?" The man says with a laugh. "I am an Archon Knight-Commander."

He gestures to an emblem on his shoulder showing two swords behind a shield.

"Those boys firing are the Pages of our Knights." He says. "Each Knight has a page, who oversees his men's apprentices, and commandeds a squad of his own troops. They in turn take orders from we Knight-Commanders, who take orders from Melanie. Less ranks, less hassle, less power struggles and rivalries."

He nods at the mention to the operation.

"Aye." He says. "You Tenno prove mighty valuable in a pinch. It pains me to say it, but we'll probably be relying on your aid for a few more years, while our tech gets up to stuff."

He looks at the landing site.

"The Pages will see to the unloading, build some muscle mass and learn more about their suits."

It becomes apparent that the equipment used by the Pages is a downgraded version, meant for training and familiarity.

------

"She is." Melanie says. "Though I question how much of her remains so, with her new body and new allegiances. They call her princess because her father and I are the closest thing Phenix has to royalty. We were the ones who founded the resistance movement that grew into this colony."

Edited by Rakawan

2 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*He looks down and then turns to her* "You said you can grab memories right, download them and such, but..tell me, can you..trasfure pain to another?, like..if someone was sick and you put it onto another?"

"Cuz..I want that, I want you to put me in that Coma, I want to be in that bed, rather then Sam.."

"Y-you want to do what?!" Luna said with some shock in her voice. "I-I might be able to.. but..."

A holographic screen powered up from Luna's arm. "Theoretically it's possible. But it's very complicated, and just as dangerous for everyone involved." Ceda stated.

Luna looked at Zaeed with worry. "I would have to interchange energies between both of your Oros.. But it can't be reversed once started, If it suceeds you have to recover on your own. If it fails..."

"You might risk all three, and I'm not certain if you are experienced enough to accomplish this." She told Luna.

Nor am I... Luna thought.

6 minutes ago, Luthim said:

"Y-you want to do what?!" Luna said with some shock in her voice. "I-I might be able to.. but..."

A holographic screen powered up from Luna's arm. "Theoretically it's possible. But it's very complicated, and just as dangerous for everyone involved." Ceda stated.

Luna looked at Zaeed with worry. "I would have to interchange energies between both of your Oros.. But it can't be reversed once started, If it suceeds you have to recover on your own. If it fails..."

"You might risk all three, and I'm not certain if you are experienced enough to accomplish this." She told Luna.

Nor am I... Luna thought.

*He sighs* "As long as it gets Sam out of that bed, I don't care what happens to me, pool all resources to make sure she is safe, I don't want her in that bed!" *He rubs his face* "Please...I'll give you anything I can to help this to help her"

"OH. . . .well now, that certainly abbreviates things to simplicity."

The Chroma rushes inside, deftly weaveing through the controlled chaos that appears to control most of the interior until it reaches the Orbiter Console. As the Chroma makes slight tweaks and adjustments to the computer, the Operator turns around in it's harness to face back at you.

"Come right in then Madam Felicity, make yourself at. . . .. "

The Operator looks around a bit, observing, among other things, a crewmen-patterned Mag slumped over a series of canisters surrounded by chemicals as if it collapsed mid-work, an Ash in orokin patterning seated in a slumped-over meditative stance atop a large pile of ferrite while balancing a single Gallium bar upon it's head, and a hollowed out Orokin drone with it's internals nestled about it in neatly organized little piles.

". . . .ah. . .yes. . .did not expect company so.. . .uh. . soon."

The Operator rubs the back of it's bald head, mirrored by the Chroma frame perfectly before it immediately snaps back to typing..

"If you need me to. . .I could attempt to clear the place out a bit if you want more room."

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Infantry Sergeant?" The man says with a laugh. "I am an Archon Knight-Commander."

He gestures to an emblem on his shoulder showing two swords behind a shield.

"Those boys firing are the Pages of our Knights." He says. "Each Knight has a page, who oversees his men's apprentices, and commandeds a squad of his own troops. They in turn take orders from we Knight-Commanders, who take orders from Melanie. Less ranks, less hassle, less power struggles and rivalries."

He nods at the mention to the operation.

"Aye." He said. "You Tenno prove mighty valuable in a pinch. It pains me to say it, but we'll probably be relying on your aid for a few more years, while our tech gets up to stuff."

He looks at the landing site.

"The Pages will see to the unloading, build some muscle mass and learn more about their suits."

It becomes apparent that the equipment used by the Pages is a downgraded version, meant for training and familiarity.

"The archaic system then? In our case, we utilize the slightly less antique one - featuring the whole specter of ranks starting from privates and currently ending with a colonel. All of our merc division participants bear ranks within private to lance sergeant range by default and allowed to move forward only after making it to the regular forces. The hierarchy grows synchronically with our numbers and the average subordinate load an average officer has. Sounds complicated, but since we literally live according to the ordinance, the vertical helps to distribute and delegate functions with responsibilities" 

She looked at one particular page who seemed to have hard times dealing with what seemed to be a downgraded Soma. She activated the shooting gallery, enhancing poor chap's obstinate firearm. 

"So you practice the "in-field" method of experience sharing?"

Edited by Teloch

55 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"She is." Melanie says. "Though I question how much of her remains so, with her new body and new allegiances. They call her princess because her father and I are the closest thing Phenix has to royalty. We were the ones who founded the resistance movement that grew into this colony."

The answer dazed Ulf, and not just a bit.

"Erm... "new body and allegiances"? I'm not sure I understand... She seemed like a normal kid back there"

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Fell was about to speak up again before a notification popped up on his hud. He quickly read it. "Oh you got to be kidding me right now..."

---

An orange and grey liset approaches the rail to Phenix.  Inside it was a grey, white and orange Asuri nova with the Lamia helmet. She opened a voice channel to rail control. "I am Cyria, representive of the Fire Hawx clan. If I am correct an old friend of mine know as Fell is present on this planet. Could you acknowledge this?"

Simon opens a channel.

"Of course." He says. "He is here. May I ask the reason for your visit?"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Simon opens a channel.

"Of course." He says. "He is here. May I ask the reason for your visit?"

"I am here to see if this Synergy project would be worth to invest in and also to meet up with my old friend. He still has something belonging to me."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

The answer dazed Ulf, and not just a bit.

"Erm... "new body and allegiances"? I'm not sure I understand... She seemed like a normal kid back there"

"You've met her." Melanie said. "No doubt she appeared no older than most Tenno, of which she considers herself a part."

She sighs.

"In reality she is only eight years old." She says. "I do not know what twisted powers she invoked, but she has changed. She looks, and acts, and speaks as if a stranger, yet still calls me mother. I know in my heart it is her, but I see no trace of the daughter I raised."

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"I am here to see if this Synergy project would be worth to invest in and also to meet up with my old friend. He still has something belonging to me."

"That may be problematic." Simon says, hesitantly. "We... Uhh... We don't exaclty know where he is."

----

Death tilts his head.

"There is a visitor." He says. "Someone here to see you."

He shifts.

"You are free to meet with them." He says. "On one condition. Do not breathe a word of this to anyone. The Sage may have deemed you fit to lead, but we can always find another."

There is a burst of shadow across your vision and you find yourself back in the monastery. Tak opens the door.

"He was right..." He starts, then pauses as he sees you.

"Fell." He says. "Where have you been?"

Sai'ah puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Perhaps he was sleepwalking." She says. "We have no reason to interrogate a fellow Tenno. It's not like he was plotting something."

As she stands behind Tak she holds up a finger to her lips.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That may be problematic." Simon says, hesitantly. "We... Uhh... We don't exaclty know where he is."

----

Death tilts his head.

"There is a visitor." He says. "Someone here to see you."

He shifts.

"You are free to meet with them." He says. "On one condition. Do not breathe a word of this to anyone. The Sage may have deemed you fit to lead, but we can always find another."

There is a burst of shadow across your vision and you find yourself back in the monastery. Tak opens the door.

"He was right..." He starts, then pauses as he sees you.

"Fell." He says. "Where have you been?"

Sai'ah puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Perhaps he was sleepwalking." She says. "We have no reason to interrogate a fellow Tenno. It's not like he was plotting something."

As she stands behind Tak she holds up a finger to her lips.

"I am confident that I can find him once I reach planetside."

---

"Yeah... I know there is someone here to meet me..." Fell didn't sound too happy about it.

He was caught offguard by the sudden shift again. 

"She is right, a side effect of over using my powers is that I start sleepwalking, don't really know why."

Edited by kyrozon

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"I am confident that I can find them once I reach planetside."

---

"Yeah... I know there is someone here to meet me..." Fell didn't sound too happy about it.

He was caught offguard by the sudden shift again. 

"She is right, a side effect of over using my powers is that I start sleepwalking, don't really know why."

"He has been found." Simon says. "Coordinates are as follows. Please be aware that the Monastery where he is staying is a sacred place. So if your business involves any sort of quarrel please take it outside."

-------

Tak eyes you. It is clear he is skeptical.

"Grandmaster." Sai'ah says. "Kiri is concious. Would you like to speak with her?"

Tak smiles, and turns to leave.

"Very much so." He says. His smile is more a display of teeth than of joy, yet he sounds like a child at christmas.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"He has been found." Simon says. "Coordinates are as follows. Please be aware that the Monastery where he is staying is a sacred place. So if your business involves any sort of quarrel please take it outside."

-------

Tak eyes you. It is clear he is skeptical.

"Grandmaster." Sai'ah says. "Kiri is concious. Would you like to speak with her?"

Tak smiles, and turns to leave.

"Very much so." He says. His smile is more a display of teeth than of joy, yet he sounds like a child at christmas.

"Thank you and if it ends with quarrel I will take it outside,now am I cleared for punch?"

---

Fell sighed. He knew who was coming for him and why. "Is there any landing pad near this place?"

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

"The archaic system then? In our case, we utilize the slightly less antique one - featuring the whole specter of ranks starting from privates and currently ending with a colonel. All of our merc division participants bear ranks within private to lance sergeant range by default and allowed to move forward only after making it to the regular forces. The hierarchy grows synchronically with our numbers and the average subordinate load an average officer has. Sounds complicated, but since we literally live according to the ordinance, the vertical helps to distribute and delegate functions with responsibilities" 

She looked at one particular page who seemed to have hard times dealing with what seemed to be a downgraded Soma. She activated the shooting gallery, enhancing poor chap's obstinate firearm. 

"So you practice the "in-field" method of experience sharing?"

Something rolls to your feet and a flash of blue light cancels out the effect.

"MK II dispel grenade." He says, the small object at your feet flying back to his hand and being stowed at his waist. "Useful for annoying eximus, and preventing Tenno from interfering with exercises."

He looks at you sternly.

"You're new here, so I'll let that go." He says. "But next time you interfere without permission, representative or not,  I'll have you scrubbing out Meridian's old powder kegs. Are we clear?"

He looks at the recruit.

"Timothy!" He snaps. "Stop strangling that Soma, not wonder its bucking around everytime you fire. Hold it like you would hold a pet kubrow, firmly and confidently."

He turns back to you.

"We used to learn in field." He says. "But now we can actually train them, before they see combat. That's why we don't usually let Tenno around here. They always want to help out and the recruits get used to it. They need to learn to rely on skill, not void magic."

Edited by Rakawan

10 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Thank you and if it ends with quarrel I will take it outside,now am I cleared for punch?"

---

Fell sighed. He knew who was coming for him and why. "Is there any landing pad near this place?"

"You are clear." He says. "Scans show no contraband."

---

"There is one right by the balcony." Tak says. "We should have a visitor soon."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You are clear." He says. "Scans show no contraband."

---

"There is one right by the balcony." Tak says. "We should have a visitor soon."

"Good." Cyria quickly prepares her Liset for the punch.

---

"I know..." Fell replies as he heads to said balcony.