The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

A craft appears and uses a tractor beam to tug you towards one of the Warships.

It brings you to a shielded hangar bay and deposits your ship inside. You see movement as several forms, wearing what appears to be mechanized power armor, close in around the ship. Their weapons are held at the ready, but not aimed.

"Pilot and crew please disembark." A voice says. You see an Excalibur walking towards you, a Destrezza rapier on his hip and a eye-patch on his helm. "Failure to comply will be met with force. Keep your hands visible and leave any weapons in the cockpit."

The inside of the hangar is filled with Excaliburs, each bearing a glaive symbol on their shoulder, performing a variety of tasks. Some are carrying boxes to fighters, while others check lists.

The belly of the ship opens to the order, and a cable slowly starts descending revealing an AMP Volt Prime colored in tones of blue and emitting an emerald colored energy, the young man has one foot in some kind of a stirrup while he is steadying himself on it using a second one on the cable.

Upon touching the ground he doesn't even acknowledges the deployment surrounding his machine and rapidly moves to the left of the armor frantikly typing keys on his arm, when he stops the armoring opens before him and a green creature slumps out of it. he looks at it and turns around.

"I need medical team ! His wound has worsened hurry !"

1 hour ago, Cyriann said:

The belly of the ship opens to the order, and a cable slowly starts descending revealing an AMP Volt Prime colored in tones of blue and emitting an emerald colored energy, the young man has one foot in some kind of a stirrup while he is steadying himself on it using a second one on the cable.

Upon touching the ground he doesn't even acknowledges the deployment surrounding his machine and rapidly moves to the left of the armor frantikly typing keys on his arm, when he stops the armoring opens before him and a green creature slumps out of it. he looks at it and turns around.

"I need medical team ! His wound has worsened hurry !"

The excalibur with the blade motions towards you.

"Medic, see to him." He says. "Sir please follow me."

He turns to walk away, without waiting for you.

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"Why not all three?" said Alice absentmindedly.
"Though... Namira gave me a snickering idea..." she grinned "Wyrm tunnel spelunking?"

"Aren't any left here." Sai'ah says sadly. "I sent the last one through a portal to munch on Grineer. I hope old Nibbler is happy on Earth."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

War reaches out to grab the object.

Jas takes a sudden step forward, starting to lunge, and the ground falls away beneath you. A circle of light appears below you, glowing runes edging it. You all fall towards the light, which ripples and flickers between a liquid mercury and images of gold and gray.

The Chroma desperately scrabbled to gain purchase on the ledge as the Operator clings tightly to the frames' spine. As it tries to climb up, a mechanical foot placed itself firmly on the Chroma's head.

"Nnnoottt in my lands fleshy flesh!"

The electronically garbled voice is thick and grating. Before either Chroma or Operator alike have a chance to look up, the foot delivers a savage kick to the Chroma's head and sends Operator and Warframe alike into the iridescent murk.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Aren't any left here." Sai'ah says sadly. "I sent the last one through a portal to munch on Grineer. I hope old Nibbler is happy on Earth."

"So that's why the Grinny Ears are so scared of Earth these days..." Alice says "Isn't there anything else in the tunnels old Nibbler left? Bloodsucking guinea pigs perhaps?"

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

War reaches out to grab the object.

Jas takes a sudden step forward, starting to lunge, and the ground falls away beneath you. A circle of light appears below you, glowing runes edging it. You all fall towards the light, which ripples and flickers between a liquid mercury and images of gold and gray.

The Volted wanted to dash to Jas as the ground fell away. He barely registers the circle or the runes on it. The only thing he did was brace himself for the impact on ground, he was used to dropping down distances like this. Usually he would let his liset go to the highest, and safest attitude from which he could drop. Of course here the difference was that he didn't prepare for such a drop at all.

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The excalibur with the blade motions towards you.

"Medic, see to him." He says. "Sir please follow me."

He turns to walk away, without waiting for you.

The boy clings onto the creature waiting for the medical team, yet the order is clear he reluctantly let go off the beast, giving it to the medical team with a small file.

"Use this to help you..." He looks in the direction of the Excalibur. "Take good care of my brother, I'm entrusting both our lives to you." He caresses the creature's head and follows the Excalibur, leaving the only one thing counting more than his own life in the hands of people he trusted would be able to save.

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Alarms cease and the armed invidivuals lower their guns. The Osprey disperses the shield and flies back into the ship.

"False alarm." The voice says. "Craft is friendly, proceed to checkpoints."

You feel a hand on your shoulder.

"Come on." The woman says. "Let's get out of here before something else happens."

She walks through the scanner, flashing a card to the other soldier, then motions for you to follow.

At the scanner a soldier runs a scanning wand over you, checks a list, and then nods.

"You're clear." He says. "Next."

It seems that there is a bit of a rush to get people through now.

Stormy actually flinches slightly from the touch, but she offers a warm smile towards the woman, "Okay." she replies shyly, glancing back towards the scene with eyebrows rising in intrigue and growing curiosity.  She felt like there was so much about this world she knew so little of with all these strange, mechanical things and the Seraph and probably all kinds of other neat stuff!

Following the woman through the scanner, she stares up at it with a sense of wonder, looking it over to try to understand its depths before she hears the man speak.  Moving forward promptly, she glances back at the man and the scanner he had used on her before hurrying to catch up with the woman.

"I-I don't believe I caught your name, Ma'am." she says politely, offering another light smile.

3 hours ago, LunarFirefly said:

Stormy actually flinches slightly from the touch, but she offers a warm smile towards the woman, "Okay." she replies shyly, glancing back towards the scene with eyebrows rising in intrigue and growing curiosity.  She felt like there was so much about this world she knew so little of with all these strange, mechanical things and the Seraph and probably all kinds of other neat stuff!

Following the woman through the scanner, she stares up at it with a sense of wonder, looking it over to try to understand its depths before she hears the man speak.  Moving forward promptly, she glances back at the man and the scanner he had used on her before hurrying to catch up with the woman.

"I-I don't believe I caught your name, Ma'am." she says politely, offering another light smile.

"Lieutenant Holly Thompson." She says. "One of the Dex peacekeepers."

She walks towards the city gates.

"To answer your question, no." She says. "The Seraph aren't Tenno. They are human, like you or me. Those wing suits are nice though. I'd love to get my hands on one. But the Commander said we're needed for more Rural tasks."

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Lieutenant Holly Thompson." She says. "One of the Dex peacekeepers."

She walks towards the city gates.

"To answer your question, no." She says. "The Seraph aren't Tenno. They are human, like you or me. Those wing suits are nice though. I'd love to get my hands on one. But the Commander said we're needed for more Rural tasks."

"I-it's nice to meet you, Ms. Thompson." Stormy replies, cupping her hands behind her back as she walks with the other woman.  Tilting her head slightly when she speaks on the Seraph, the young redhead seems to grow with interest, "Do you have to be part of the um... m-military?  Here?  I-I'm sorry I don't know what to call the um.. enforcement here."

37 minutes ago, LunarFirefly said:

"I-it's nice to meet you, Ms. Thompson." Stormy replies, cupping her hands behind her back as she walks with the other woman.  Tilting her head slightly when she speaks on the Seraph, the young redhead seems to grow with interest, "Do you have to be part of the um... m-military?  Here?  I-I'm sorry I don't know what to call the um.. enforcement here."

"No." she says. "In fact we have several civilian scientists and workers."

She clasps her hands behind her back as well.

"I chose to be a Dex Soldier, as did my mother, and hers before her." She says. "The military here is divided between the UHC and the Tenno."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"No." she says. "In fact we have several civilian scientists and workers."

She clasps her hands behind her back as well.

"I chose to be a Dex Soldier, as did my mother, and hers before her." She says. "The military here is divided between the UHC and the Tenno."

"Ooh." the woman perks up again, "U-U.H.C.?  S-sorry maybe I'm being forgetful.. Wh-what does that mean?"  She was realizing how long the day has been.. In fact - when last had she slept?  Or eaten for that matter!

"A-Are the Tenno nice?" she asks with a sheepish tone, "I-I've never met one before.  There's a lot of um.. stories, though.  Not all... very good." biting her lower lip softly.

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

"Ooh." the woman perks up again, "U-U.H.C.?  S-sorry maybe I'm being forgetful.. Wh-what does that mean?"  She was realizing how long the day has been.. In fact - when last had she slept?  Or eaten for that matter!

"A-Are the Tenno nice?" she asks with a sheepish tone, "I-I've never met one before.  There's a lot of um.. stories, though.  Not all... very good." biting her lower lip softly.

"United Human Colonies." She says. "We focus on protecting human settlements and empowering humans to fight back against the Grineer. The Tenno aren't the only ones fighting to save the system."

She nods.

"Most here are nice." She says. "Or rather, they don;t cause trouble. But I've seen my far share of them in combat. Some call them demons, some angels. From what I've seen they fit both descriptions."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"United Human Colonies." She says. "We focus on protecting human settlements and empowering humans to fight back against the Grineer. The Tenno aren't the only ones fighting to save the system."

She nods.

"Most here are nice." She says. "Or rather, they don;t cause trouble. But I've seen my far share of them in combat. Some call them demons, some angels. From what I've seen they fit both descriptions."

"The idea is.. um.. it's... honestly a little.. scary. But I-I don't mean to imply they're bad.  Just.. um.. I-I guess I don't really know enough to decide, yet.. I've never.. met one.. And I don't really know anything about th-their um.. story.

"M-my home colony is very quiet.. W-we've not had any worries with the Grineer or.. Corpus.. I-I always felt like we were protected there.." smiling a little, "It sounds odd.. but.. I.. I always thought I had a guardian angel..  My Mother use to say.. I-I was a miracle child.. She had trouble for a long time to get pregnant.. Then she found this new doctor and he made it possible.. So.. I was born."  Looking off to the side sheepishly, "S-sorry.. I don't mean to um.. ramble on.. I'm just.. happy to be here."

"The idea is.. um.. it's... honestly a little.. scary. But I-I don't mean to imply they're bad.  Just.. um.. I-I guess I don't really know enough to decide, yet.. I've never.. met one.. And I don't really know anything about th-their um.. story.

"M-my home colony is very quiet.. W-we've not had any worries with the Grineer or.. Corpus.. I-I always felt like we were protected there.." smiling a little, "It sounds odd.. but.. I.. I always thought I had a guardian angel..  My Mother use to say.. I-I was a miracle child.. She had trouble for a long time to get pregnant.. Then she found this new doctor and he made it possible.. So.. I was born."  Looking off to the side sheepishly, "S-sorry.. I don't mean to um.. ramble on.. I'm just.. happy to be here."

"Sounds like some Tenno, I know." Holly says. "Protecting people without them realizing they are even there."

She looks down the road.

"My advice." She says. "If you meet a Tenno just be polite. Nine times out of ten they won't bother you if you don't bother them."

She smiles at the mention of rambling.

"Oh it's fine dear." She says. "Most people are happy to be here, a welcome change from the Origin system."

She stops outside a building.

"Are you hungry?" She asks. "This place has good food."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Sounds like some Tenno, I know." Holly says. "Protecting people without them realizing they are even there."

She looks down the road.

"My advice." She says. "If you meet a Tenno just be polite. Nine times out of ten they won't bother you if you don't bother them."

She smiles at the mention of rambling.

"Oh it's fine dear." She says. "Most people are happy to be here, a welcome change from the Origin system."

She stops outside a building.

"Are you hungry?" She asks. "This place has good food."

"I-I try not to be rude to anyone even if they're Grineer or Corpus." offering another smile, she listens to the advice offered, absorbing like a desert soaks up the rain.  When food is mentioned, she smiles brightly, "Yes, please!  I don't remember when last I ate.." pressing her hand to her stomach, "Goodness.. It's been--" hearing a pronounced grumble, her cheeks flare a light red tint, "--a while."

"I-I try not to be rude to anyone even if they're Grineer or Corpus." offering another smile, she listens to the advice offered, absorbing like a desert soaks up the rain.  When food is mentioned, she smiles brightly, "Yes, please!  I don't remember when last I ate.." pressing her hand to her stomach, "Goodness.. It's been--" hearing a pronounced grumble, her cheeks flare a light red tint, "--a while."

Holly leads you into the building.

Inside you find a bar and restaurant. It is well lit and, it seems, well stocked.

The barkeep is talking to a man.

"I'm sure they're as concerned as we are." He says. "Try to get them into the city as quick as possible. Post some additional guards if it makes you feel better, but I doubt any of these refugees are a threat to us. They probably just want a safe place and a warm meal."

He sees you and nods to the other man.

"We'll discuss this at the official meeting." He says. "Keep me updated on any developments."

He turns to you and wipes his hands.

"Welcome to the Lucky Star." He says. "What can I get you?"

"You've made some changes." Holly says. "Chairman."

"Without Sven extorting me I've actually been able to make a profit." The barkeep says. "And it's Barkeep while I'm here. Now who is this charming young lady?"

17 hours ago, Cyriann said:

The boy clings onto the creature waiting for the medical team, yet the order is clear he reluctantly let go off the beast, giving it to the medical team with a small file.

"Use this to help you..." He looks in the direction of the Excalibur. "Take good care of my brother, I'm entrusting both our lives to you." He caresses the creature's head and follows the Excalibur, leaving the only one thing counting more than his own life in the hands of people he trusted would be able to save.

One of the techs takes the file.

The Excalibur folds his hands behind his back.

"How did you hear about us?" He asks.

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Holly leads you into the building.

Inside you find a bar and restaurant. It is well lit and, it seems, well stocked.

The barkeep is talking to a man.

"I'm sure they're as concerned as we are." He says. "Try to get them into the city as quick as possible. Post some additional guards if it makes you feel better, but I doubt any of these refugees are a threat to us. They probably just want a safe place and a warm meal."

He sees you and nods to the other man.

"We'll discuss this at the official meeting." He says. "Keep me updated on any developments."

He turns to you and wipes his hands.

"Welcome to the Lucky Star." He says. "What can I get you?"

"You've made some changes." Holly says. "Chairman."

"Without Sven extorting me I've actually been able to make a profit." The barkeep says. "And it's Barkeep while I'm here. Now who is this charming young lady?"

As they enter, she's very apt to take a look around the place with a look of awe settling in.  It was so different!  Even if it weren't super spectacular in design and general look, it was enough to make her stop and admire the variants from her home.  However hearing the barkeep, her eyes float down to them to linger on him with interest.  Not wanting to be rude, however, she yanks them away quickly so not to seem intrusive.

Chairman?  Eyebrows rose slightly, moving to rest her gaze on the male again.  His words regarding her cause the young woman to pause slightly with freckled cheeks flaring a soft rose hue, "S-Stormy Wylde, S-Sir."

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

One of the techs takes the file.

The Excalibur folds his hands behind his back.

"How did you hear about us?" He asks.

"I suppose I should have seen that one coming around." The boy's sighs as he looks straight at the Excalibur.

"Well, I heard of Phenix and Synergy from the one I'm coming to see here, my master, a member of the Arbiter of Hexis, though kind of a free electron compared to the majority of them." The mask of frame retracts on the young man's face while he talks, revealing his features, 21 years old in appearance, chestnut hair and blue eyes with a slight hint of green.

"His name is Ragnas and if you have seen him once, you can't have forgotten him, 190 cm of pure muscle, silly talks and raw power." The boy looks behind worries on his features.

"Anything else ?" He asks.

As they enter, she's very apt to take a look around the place with a look of awe settling in.  It was so different!  Even if it weren't super spectacular in design and general look, it was enough to make her stop and admire the variants from her home.  However hearing the barkeep, her eyes float down to them to linger on him with interest.  Not wanting to be rude, however, she yanks them away quickly so not to seem intrusive.

Chairman?  Eyebrows rose slightly, moving to rest her gaze on the male again.  His words regarding her cause the young woman to pause slightly with freckled cheeks flaring a soft rose hue, "S-Stormy Wylde, S-Sir."

"Sir?" He asks. "Just call me Barkeep. Everyone else does."

He takes two glasses and slides them onto the counter.

"That's an interesting name." He says. "My name is Seven. Chairman of Domestic Affairs, but only when I'm in Council Meetings. Here I'm just the Barkeep."

His face is kind, but rough, with a weathered look. His vest is armless and you can see scars on his arms, long lines that look like whip marks. His muscles are well defined and his skin seems rough, something you might have noticed on the miners and colonists on the ship.

He looks at Holly.

"You know the rules Major." He says, sliding a box onto the table. 

Holly places her rifle and saber into the box and slides it back, after adding the clip from her pistols.

You would notice that she she did not empty the chamber.

1 hour ago, Cyriann said:

"I suppose I should have seen that one coming around." The boy's sighs as he looks straight at the Excalibur.

"Well, I heard of Phenix and Synergy from the one I'm coming to see here, my master, a member of the Arbiter of Hexis, though kind of a free electron compared to the majority of them." The mask of frame retracts on the young man's face while he talks, revealing his features, 21 years old in appearance, chestnut hair and blue eyes with a slight hint of green.

"His name is Ragnas and if you have seen him once, you can't have forgotten him, 190 cm of pure muscle, silly talks and raw power." The boy looks behind worries on his features.

"Anything else ?" He asks.

The helmet retracts and a grizzled face looks at you. He has the look of a military man.

"And did your friend tell you that when the Grineer attacked we lost 40% of our population." He says. "Folks here are a bit on edge. Coming out of punch unannounced, tends to put folks on edge. Surprised your friend didn't tell you that."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Sir?" He asks. "Just call me Barkeep. Everyone else does."

He takes two glasses and slides them onto the counter.

"That's an interesting name." He says. "My name is Seven. Chairman of Domestic Affairs, but only when I'm in Council Meetings. Here I'm just the Barkeep."

His face is kind, but rough, with a weathered look. His vest is armless and you can see scars on his arms, long lines that look like whip marks. His muscles are well defined and his skin seems rough, something you might have noticed on the miners and colonists on the ship.

He looks at Holly.

"You know the rules Major." He says, sliding a box onto the table. 

Holly places her rifle and saber into the box and slides it back, after adding the clip from her pistols.

You would notice that she she did not empty the chamber.

Stormy was pretty oblivious when it came to weapons so she probably wouldn't have noticed anything to suggest one thing or another.  She just watches quietly, then turns her attention back to the Barkeep, "It's.. v-very nice to make your acquaintance, Mr. Seven."

She wasn't so much timid with fear as she was simply nervous, and fairly shy.  One might even consider her innocent.. Someone who has never likely seen battle, or picked up a weapon, and was wholly non-judgmental when it came to people - unless given very good reason to be.

Stormy was pretty oblivious when it came to weapons so she probably wouldn't have noticed anything to suggest one thing or another.  She just watches quietly, then turns her attention back to the Barkeep, "It's.. v-very nice to make your acquaintance, Mr. Seven."

She wasn't so much timid with fear as she was simply nervous, and fairly shy.  One might even consider her innocent.. Someone who has never likely seen battle, or picked up a weapon, and was wholly non-judgmental when it came to people - unless given very good reason to be.

"Just Seven." He says. "Bad enough I have a grandkid, but all this Sir and Mr.... makes me feel so old.Suppose it's nice people are respectful though."

He fills the glass and slides it to the Major. He slides you a menu.

"Want something to drink while you decide?" He asks. "We've got several different non-alcoholic drinks, or something stronger, if you're old enough. I don't sell to minors, though."

He turns and bellows down the hall.

"Marco." He says. "Fire up the grill, we got customers."

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

The helmet retracts and a grizzled face looks at you. He has the look of a military man.

"And did your friend tell you that when the Grineer attacked we lost 40% of our population." He says. "Folks here are a bit on edge. Coming out of punch unannounced, tends to put folks on edge. Surprised your friend didn't tell you that."

The boy facepalms in response.

"Typical of him... He tells me where to go, when to arrive and forgets all the details..." He rubs the bridge of his nose for a while and sighs.

"I'm very sorry to learn about that grineer assault, sincerely, I hadn't pnned that jump to be out of rules originally but... As you might have seen the situation asked for it. My partner was badly wounded during a high risk operation and ... My clan's dojo was under attack at that moment. Literally the only place I knew had the technical ability to heal him was Phenix, aside from my under siege dojo, so I forced a punch here in desperation." The explanation of this weird arrival are pretty straight forward, an emergency calling on another one.

"And to think my ship decided to go bonkers as we arrived... It is a miracle I could bring him here alive..." His sight shifts again to his back, checking on the ship, hoping that the medical team would have taken care of the beast without losing time on examinations.