The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

39 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Yeah. The devious eel from the Sequence" Ulf spoke to Therese, "He was racketing the refugees we all brought yesterday. Ryoko and I had a word with him, but something tells me that this wretched hyena would someday pick the wrong target and kick the bucket as a result. Still, I was surprised that local law enforces didn't bend him before he decided to extort settlers. As for those cultists... Well, they seem to be harmless, but also not entirely controllable and, as this night shown, not entirely predictable. I told one of them to visit the tenno settlement to get a chance to unroot their mental block, but it seems like wasn't enough. Probably will have to speak to that chap again, but still - the population groups awareness of each other seem to be... meh"

The food arrived and they began to chomp eagerly. Judging by the speed of consumption, Therese appeared to be more voracious than Dirge.

"Tastes like a gene-farm fowl" Therese said after utterly destroying evaluating the meat. 

"Yup. Except the fact it hadn't been fed with synthesised hormones and protein boosters before being put to production and cooking," he bit a loaf, "About production: the planet seem to be more of a base of operation than a thriving colony. The primary and secondary segments of economy seem to be working with varying efficiency, but people lack manufacturing equipment, knowledge, organisation and market demand. That strange shopkeeper told me that there are cases of child labour, which is an indicator by itself," he bit more from the meat and bakery, "I haven't spotted a vast variety in the common consumption goods, and the living conditions of locals are rather humble." He looked somewhere beyond the window before continuing, "The tertiary segment seem to be missing completely... Looks like that's why the Chancellor asked warlord Teloch for direct involvement - a garrison would create demand for civil services and, beyond the security function, would boost the local economy. These people need to learn of the post-industrial economy branches as or even direr than they need to get assets for mass manufacturing"

"The cultists are a problem." Dirge says. "Especially since they seem to use child labor. The Arbiter may actually be allowed to move against them now."

He takes a bite.

"As for jobs. We could use some. You are right that this is more like a base of operations. We started as a colony, but events have forced us to take a more active role." He says. "We try to correct this, but there is little we can do without the right resources."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"This is the capitol." Jas says, as you walk down the alley. "Tenno and humans live here. You're thinking of the Tenno Village, that's east a ways."

"Okay, could we go to this Tenno village? I'm curious to see it."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The cultists are a problem." Dirge says. "Especially since they seem to use child labor. The Arbiter may actually be allowed to move against them now."

He takes a bite.

"As for jobs. We could use some. You are right that this is more like a base of operations. We started as a colony, but events have forced us to take a more active role." He says. "We try to correct this, but there is little we can do without the right resources."

"So, before I make a conclusion and start to write the report, I need to know more of the industrial capacities. Which sort of labour is dominating: manual, manufactories, industrial lines or automatised chains?" She asked laconically, "And what are the current proportions and target shares of military, multipurposed and civil segments of production?" 

"Yes, yes, quite the adventure to be had and hello indeed to each of you."

He stretches his left arm behind his head

"It might not be as fantastic as sniffing out new assassination targets or breaking into vaults to find the latest in insider trading details. But it'll certainly be quite. . . exotic"

He gazes about at the motley crew around him

"Any of you happen to know what a Cartographic Signaller is?"

Edited by Unus

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Okay, could we go to this Tenno village? I'm curious to see it."

"I see no reason not to." Jas says. "If my wife is fine with it."

Sasha waves her hand.

"I'm not that pregnant." She says. "I can walk."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"It is currently my only." She says. "Second Generation Tenno are not allowed to create or own new gear until we complete our training."

*He rises a brow* "Training?, what type of training whold that even be?, I tought Tenno trained by their Lotus.."

*Sylvie sighs and pays for her drinks, she places her face-plate back on,connecting it back up* "Look, if your friend wants his frame up and running, let him kown of the Prime Trader, Im heading out, getting board. *She gets up, powers her frame and Dijinn back up and exits the bar/club*

*She looks around, outside the bar to see whats happing, she sighs in boredom* 

13 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"So, before I make a conclusion and start to write the report, I need to know more of the industrial capacities. Which sort of labour is dominating: manual, manufactories, industrial lines or automatised chains?" She asked laconically, "And what are the current proportions and target shares of military, multipurposed and civil segments of production?" 

"Industrial and automated." Dirge says. "We build supplies for the forces of Synergy. Civilians commodities are usually bought from the Corpus. We have a merchant who can get us supplies without attracting attention."

He takes a sip of the juice.

"So as you can see our civil segments are lower. Though more from a lack of necessity. We are nonetheless trying to increase such production." He says. "Military is the largest share, multipurposed the second. For a while we survived on raided resources, but now we can produce most of what we need."

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Industrial and automated." Dirge says. "We build supplies for the forces of Synergy. Civilians commodities are usually bought from the Corpus. We have a merchant who can get us supplies without attracting attention."

He takes a sip of the juice.

"So as you can see our civil segments are lower. Though more from a lack of necessity. We are nonetheless trying to increase such production." He says. "Military is the largest share, multipurposed the second. For a while we survived on raided resources, but now we can produce most of what we need."

"I see... Dependency on the side sources when you have your own colony sounds pretty much disgraceful. Even though our group's military-purposed assets share is more than sixty per cent, I do see some ways to mend your deficit in civil and multipurpose production" She looked at her empty dish, "Now, I think it is about time for me to start doing the desk job. In light of the fact that Solberg got himself involved in quite a dumb situation with the locals, his today task would be to monitor the social layout"

She turned to Ulf

"Survey the mentioned tenno village and do bother to calm down the non-com whom you agitated yesterday" 

After that, she stood up, nodded in acknowledgement of her disengagement, ordered some sweet bakery to their chamber, and started away

"Mind to keep your eyes open for a sleeping bag and a chair, Ulf. Unless you want to spend another night on the floor" she threw past her shoulder. 

Ulf slowly turned his gaze to Dirge, "That's ma major..." he said ironically

Edited by Teloch

43 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*He rises a brow* "Training?, what type of training whold that even be?, I tought Tenno trained by their Lotus.."

"Combat training." She says. "Unlike you We do not have previous combat experience. We have to learn katas from scratch."

29 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"I see... Dependency on the side sources when you have your own colony sounds pretty much disgraceful. Even though our group's military-purposed assets share is more than sixty per cent, I do see some ways to mend your deficit in civil and multipurpose production" She looked at her empty dish, "Now, I think it is about time for me to start doing the desk job. In light of the fact that Solberg got himself involved in quite a dumb situation with the locals, his today task would be to monitor the social layout"

She turned to Ulf

"Survey the mentioned tenno village and do bother to calm down the non-com whom you agitated yesterday" 

After that, she stood up, nodded in acknowledgement of her disengagement, ordered some sweet bakery to their chamber, and started away

"Mind to keep your eyes open for a sleeping bag and a chair, Ulf. Unless you want to spend another night on the floor" she threw past her shoulder. 

Ulf slowly turned his gaze to Dirge, "That's ma major..." he said ironically

"Didn't even bother to hear an explanation." Dirge snorts. "No wonder Ryoko hates politics."

He takes a sip.

"Otherwuse she'd know that the purchase has a political reason as well." He says. "If we finally liberate the system from the Grineer we will still need to work out something about the Corpus. Buying from them gives us a basis for future cooperation. And if not, we at least save man-hours on production."

He rises.

"I must see to a hunt." Dirge says. "However I have arranged for an guide."

A massive Grineer steps into the room. You recognize the same armor systems work by Gorth, the Executioner, adorn him. However the Steel Meridian sigil also adorns him.

"Representative." He says. "I am Bork, member of the Manticore Corps. I will be your guide."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Jas leads you down the alley.

"First we need to secure transportation." He says. "Unless you want to spend a day walking through the plains."

"I could get my liset here to pick us up."

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"I could get my liset here to pick us up."

"You could." He says. "If you want to miss the fun of driving." He lifts a Paris.

"And a chance for some hunting." He says. "Fluffles are open season. Good practice and they taste great."

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You could." He says. "If you want to miss the fun of driving." He lifts a Paris.

"And a chance for some hunting." He says. "Fluffles are open season. Good practice and they taste great."

"Well a shot at hunting does sound nice. Do you also got a spare bow for me laying around?"

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"Well a shot at hunting does sound nice. Do you also got a spare bow for me laying around?"

"I have a spare." He says. "But I can't let you borrow it. Moment the Arbuter knows I have two he'll have me polishing both every morning instead of swapping them out." 

He lifts a Latron.

"I'm sure you could use this." He says. "Much simpler."

2 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"I saw I was making a big mistake. Shadow sent me to kill another Tenno, a Mag. When she saw me she attacked. I ended up almost killing her. Then i heard a young boy call out. Telling me not to do it. It caught me off guard and i stepped away from the Tenno. Looked at her blood on my claws as the boy ran to her. He called her a mother. That was when it clicked. I realised i was doing something wrong and i cut my ties with The Shadow." 

"Least you got out early." Tsun said. "Me. I nearly killed my best friend. Ended up forcing him to kill me."

He slots another set of rounds into his gun.

"Knew him since the Old War. Started the augmented human projects together. Those armored Archons, those were his work. Mine... I did some bad stuff, not many remain, and most don't get out much." He says. "Got it I it my head the Lotus was a traitor. Thought I could replace her, fix the Tenno. That was the first time I had to fight him. Second time was my last fight."

He chuckles.

"First it was Skanas." He said. "Second time was Lacera's. That was a sight to see."

He looks down the scope.

"With transference our crimes seem less serious." He says. "After all we didn't really kill any Tenno, just bodies. Still I guess the intent, that fact that we thought we had killed them, that's the real crime."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I have a spare." He says. "But I can't let you borrow it. Moment the Arbuter knows I have two he'll have me polishing both every morning instead of swapping them out." 

He lifts a Latron.

"I'm sure you could use this." He says. "Much simpler."

"You have rules about how many you can own of one weapon?" Katrina took the Latron and looked down its sights. Trying to get a feel for the weapon again.

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Combat training." She says. "Unlike you We do not have previous combat experience. We have to learn katas from scratch."

"Huh.." *He rubs his chin* "So, where do you train, if I may?, I do hope the place is nice to you" *He shuffles around, waiting for more customers*

*An Odd squeaking sound, is heard from one of the sealed boxs*  

Just now, LegionCynex said:

"Huh.." *He rubs his chin* "So, where do you train, if I may?, I do hope the place is nice to you" *He shuffles around, waiting for more customers*

*An Odd squeaking sound, is heard from one of the sealed boxs*  

"The monastery mostly." She says. "It is nice."

She looks at the box.

"Did you hear that?" She asks.

3 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"You have rules about how many you can own of one weapon?" Katrina took the Latron and looked down its sights. Trying to get a feel for the weapon again.

"We have rules for how clean they must be." He says. "So I own two, clean one in the spare time, then swap it out every morning."

Sasha looks at you.

"We are not yet fully trained Tenno." She says. "So we are not allowed to own a full set of arms yet."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Least you got out early." Tsun said. "Me. I nearly killed my best friend. Ended up forcing him to kill me."

He slots another set of rounds into his gun.

"Knew him since the Old War. Started the augmented human projects together. Those armored Archons, those were his work. Mine... I did some bad stuff, not many remain, and most don't get out much." He says. "Got it I it my head the Lotus was a traitor. Thought I could replace her, fix the Tenno. That was the first time I had to fight him. Second time was my last fight."

He chuckles.

"First it was Skanas." He said. "Second time was Lacera's. That was a sight to see."

He looks down the scope.

"With transference our crimes seem less serious." He says. "After all we didn't really kill any Tenno, just bodies. Still I guess the intent, that fact that we thought we had killed them, that's the real crime."

"Heh, Lotus being a traitor. Honestly i don't know much about her. Blocked any way for her to contact me in minutes after awakening. Thought i was better off alone." Fell grinned under his helmet. "With the abilities i had it was better for other Tenno to stay away. When i met the Shadow he told me how the Tenno had cut down the Orokin. Which in the past i considered myself one of. It was stupid now i look back at it. How i let him talk me into his little group. Not much i can do about it now."

He fired another shot from his weapon. This time the beam lasted about a second longer. Fell was glad he already was getting back into using this gun again. 

"For some Tenno killing the warframe can just be as bad as killing them for real."