The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Vauban Vortex Bug

CrashBashL

I'm just letting you know that if Vauban uses his ultimate 3 times in a row(so they are all on the ground at the same time) there is a 98% chance that all the other team mates will crash.
I tested it many times, my friends hate me for that.
My client, and their clients crash...or random.
Not always though...only 4 matches out of five :D

You don't have to be limited to one Vortex...thats why you dont have a cooldown.
other Vaubans can join your party etc.
BTW, my friends were on the other side on the map when i used my ults. :D
They didn't even see them :D
Just crashed.

Another bug with Vortex is enemies getting stuck in a dimensional void or under floors where they were sucked into the vortex.  If you're playing endless defense, this can be a real problem since not all of those enemies will have been destroyed and so you have to often blindly use your jump melee attack to kill them.

However, for the Vauban player, there is another slightly easier option for dispatching enemies that are not visible or under floors/inside walls.  Plant a few Tesla near them and either sit back and enjoy the show or watch the lightning strikes to get precise enemy positions.

Dethcube Vaporize works well for dispatching those enemies that get stuck in objects, it seems to penetrate more that a normal weapon.
Assuming it does enough damage to kill them, it's always the light enemies getting stuck though, never seen a heavy get sucked into the floor.

Thanks for the post Dmitri.  Are you guys also working on the bug where we try to use our power and it says we're in the air?

Absolutely. That issue is still on our radar however we have had some difficulty reproducing it as of late. If you happen to come across any patterns in the bug then please feel free to let us know!

Absolutely. That issue is still on our radar however we have had some difficulty reproducing it as of late. If you happen to come across any patterns in the bug then please feel free to let us know!

Yeah, I can reproduce it in a single evening several times if you like, and provide you the windows error event logs showing you that your PhysX module is getting conflicted with TeamSpeak even when it shouldn't be running since i use integrated graphics on my i7-2600.

DE_Dmitri, we had every option disabled and still crashed.

As i said before, our PC's are more than capable of handling the game.

Yes, the crash is with the engine. The PhysX suggestion was based on the cause of the crash -- however it clearly did not work for everyone. We hope to have a fix for it soon!

Yeah, I can reproduce it in a single evening several times if you like, and provide you the windows error event logs showing you that your PhysX module is getting conflicted with TeamSpeak even when it shouldn't be running since i use integrated graphics on my i7-2600.

For the time being if you could just let us know where you've seen it and how you had it happen then that would be very helpful. I've seen a few people posting about the TeamSpeak crash and it is something that we are definitely looking into. 

the wierd thing in my opinion is...i have never had this crash...and my systems has a bluescreen everytime i close a program with high-gpu usage (known windows 7 bug).

a friend of me with a highend pc on the other side has this problem sometimes. most of the time in defense agaisnt infested.

but yeah, as long as this is an ingame problem and you can fix it, its fine for me. im not using vortex anymore because its bugged in so many ways...

(invisible enemys, no damage, not the intended effect, insane damage, player affection etc etc)

Yes, true.
Players being affected by Vauban's ulti is the reason ppl doesn't want to play with me anymore. :))
They curse me and bully me on so many lvl's cause of that ulti.
It rly shouldnt suck players in..
If they die, cant be revived cause of the vortex, if they die cant be revived cause of the Tesla coils.
You get stuck mid air being able to do nothing while mobs hit you, mobs get stuck under the ground, or invisible.
In defense missions if i Vortex the last group of mobs, the  "WAVE CLEARED" pops on screen but the mobs didnt die and the new wave starts. :)

Yes, true.

Players being affected by Vauban's ulti is the reason ppl doesn't want to play with me anymore. :))

They curse me and bully me on so many lvl's cause of that ulti.

It rly shouldnt suck players in..

If they die, cant be revived cause of the vortex, if they die cant be revived cause of the Tesla coils.

You get stuck mid air being able to do nothing while mobs hit you, mobs get stuck under the ground, or invisible.

In defense missions if i Vortex the last group of mobs, the  "WAVE CLEARED" pops on screen but the mobs didnt die and the new wave starts. :)

yep, it seems that this is because his effect is bugged.

in his video you can see his "real effect". enemys are sucked in and disappear. if i remember correctly, at the beginning when he was released, his vortex dealt 150 on the outer ring and 2000crit in the center (i dont have had im at this time). also in the video it says that "the higher it is, the more types of enemys are affected".

so i think this means that at t3 it can affect everything except bosses. but there was a problem with "recolor bosses" like Hek. they died instantly because they have the same model as regular enemys. since the hotfix vortex deals only 15 damage now, it seems that the "scaling" is broken or something like that. hope that DE will fix it asap.

the "disappearing effect" is still there, it triggers sometimes (posted it here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55862-some-vauban-issues/ )

also in his video you can see that vortex had a much higher range (against the grineer), another indicator for the broken scaling.

and: the player was not affected by it.

i hope everyday for a patch to bring vauban back :<

Edited by LazerusKI