Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I require guidance regarding Saryn

Antiphoton

Question

I love her. But there is something I haven't figured out yet:

If I put down a Molt, use Spores on it, then immediately Miasma, do both procs (viral+toxin) spread before the damage of Miasma is applied? Or only the viral one? I mean, without using Toxic Leash or any kind of weapons. 

Also, what is the benefit of casting Spores on the Molt more than once? Do they spread to more enemies, or is there some other kind of interaction? 

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Hey Tenno!

Miasma, or her 4 isn't meant to be used to instantly kill things right after a spore. You want to spread as much spore as possible. Casting spore on molt is less expensive in terms of energy drain because it halves the cost. Casting sure multiple time is effective but you really only need up to three and even at 1 if there is a lot of enemies around you will be fine. Spore jumps from enemy to enemy and back to the original if there are enough of them floating around! 

what I do is this, note my build is max range, some power, some duration, some efficiency but mostly range:

*cast down a molt*

*spore 3 times* 

If there are a few enemy around, I pop the spores with explosive weapons. If there are not, I let it simmer. 

Her 4 really should be used as an explosion if you really need the control if you are finding yourself or your team mates in low health. 

Hope I helped!

^you didnt get what OP said

@OP 

no, only viral will proc since only spores is on molt, and you can only spread toxin along with viral if you popped the spores using toxin proc or if you popped the spores using toxic lash

only advantage of casting spores on molt multiple times is if you are popping them separately, but the number of spores wont have any effect on the damage of miasma

You will proc both viral and toxin if you do as you described.  It's slightly different from how @Varacal describes it.  He is right that the spores will not carry toxin procs off a molt, however, the molt itself has a garunteed toxin proc on detonation.  Casting Miasma will detonate both the spores and the molt before Miasma damage is calculated, so it would factor the procing of both viral and toxin.  Do keep in mind that the three abilities do not have the same range and the radius of each explosion may not line up perfectly unless you're on top of your molt.

using your spores on your molt with stretch recast molt will explode the spores and nearby enemies will be infected with spores debuffing the enemies with viral and toxin miasma is for taking care of large groups of enemies infected with spores duration and strength will be good  as well saryn is mainly a  support/offensive frame