Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Experiencing outright awful performance as of late

IEpicWolfI

You are not alone... Still waiting DE to do something about it, i played Warframe with almost everything on max in 40-50 solid fps, now i get 10-30 fps on everything on low... Its unplayable 

Edited by Storm0Hawk

Hey everyone, I've gone ahead and merged a few of the threads that have been discussing recent changes in game performance.
We are currently trying to reproduce many of these performance issues on our end, but in the meantime:

Could anyone who is still experiencing overall poor performance throughout Warframe please verify + optimize their Download Cache? 
This can be done from the launcher settings (cogwheel at the top-right corner of Warframe launcher):

13TDmYm.png

If this does not help, then you may want to go through the various display settings in Warframe and see if changing any of them shows signs of improvement. (examples: Nvidia PhysX Effects, Runtime Tesselation, Texture Memory, etc.)

We also suggest that you use the most recent version of your Nvidia/AMD GPU drivers. Note: Please make sure that when you update your drivers that you also include the most recent version of PhysX with your installation. (current version: 9.16.0318)

Also, make sure that you are not running any applications that may interfere with Warframe. This is not intended to be a permanent solution, we are just trying to rule out the possibility of any third-party apps causing the sudden decrease in framerate. If you suspect an application you are using to have a surprisingly negative impact on Warframe's performance then please feel free to let us know and we can investigate it even further.

If you still happen to notice your game is running much slower than you think it should be then we will need you to submit a support ticket with a copy of your DxDiag + EE.log. This page will explain where you can find these two files. The more EE.logs we can get the easier it will be for us to track down the issue.

Thanks.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

11 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hey everyone, I've gone ahead and merged a few of the threads that have been discussing recent changes in game performance.
We are currently trying to reproduce many of these performance issues on our end, but in the meantime:

Could anyone who is still experiencing overall poor performance throughout Warframe please verify + optimize their Download Cache? 
This can be done from the launcher settings (cogwheel at the top-right corner of Warframe launcher):

i verified and optimized download cache and it had no sense.

I tested this game running all options in high perfomance, with each option activated and i get same fps with all disabled and in low perfomance.. Thats strange.

I have the latest drivers, i tried disabling dx10 11 and well, nothing

I usually get 140 fps at the beggining but when the grineer,corpus, infested, begin to appear in greater numbers i get 30-50 fps

Im playing with Geforce GTX 960, 8 gb ram, amd phenom II x4 3.3 ghz

my advice is that this game should use more gpu.. it uses only 30%!!

Sorry about my english but i must write here because in Spanish Forum the staff doesnt exist

3 hours ago, Infraa said:

i verified and optimized download cache and it had no sense.

I tested this game running all options in high perfomance, with each option activated and i get same fps with all disabled and in low perfomance.. Thats strange.

I have the latest drivers, i tried disabling dx10 11 and well, nothing

I usually get 140 fps at the beggining but when the grineer,corpus, infested, begin to appear in greater numbers i get 30-50 fps

Im playing with Geforce GTX 960, 8 gb ram, amd phenom II x4 3.3 ghz

my advice is that this game should use more gpu.. it uses only 30%!!

Sorry about my english but i must write here because in Spanish Forum the staff doesnt exist

Your CPU is probably running at 100% is why. Unfortunately your Phenom II X4 is very old and very underpowered, even for a GTX 960 it'll be a big bottle neck. I used to have an AMD 940BE at 3.5ghz and there's no way I would expect it to run this game good. It just doesn't have enough power for a game like this when it comes to handling large numbers of mobs.

I think another useful thing users should post are their current graphic settings and resolution, as well as exactly what hardware they're running on. It does seem like a number of users are on older equipment that might not play nice with the game at times.

Edited by m4xwellmurd3r

I optimized and verify my donwload Cache, nothing changed, I did everything like mister Infraa and i already send a ticket with Dxdialog and EE.Log, no solution yet, all my drivers are up to date, nothing is making conflict with Warframe or something else (I already did the tests)... Oh come on, something is wrong on the patch or in the engine of the game, the problem is not on my rig, its just logic, Before patch worked greatly, after patch everything is #*($%%@ up with bugs everywhere... I'm still waiting for the fix, sorry for my bad english

58 minutes ago, m4xwellmurd3r said:

Your CPU is probably running at 100% is why. Unfortunately your Phenom II X4 is very old and very underpowered, even for a GTX 960 it'll be a big bottle neck. I used to have an AMD 940BE at 3.5ghz and there's no way I would expect it to run this game good. It just doesn't have enough power for a game like this when it comes to handling large numbers of mobs.

Yeah maybe the problem is the processor, is very old like you say, i will buy another processor i think that will be the solution also im playing on 2160x1440 because my monitor is 27" 144 HZ, poor cpu ahahah

53 minutes ago, Storm0Hawk said:

I optimized and verify my donwload Cache, nothing changed, I did everything like mister Infraa and i already send a ticket with Dxdialog and EE.Log, no solution yet, all my drivers are up to date, nothing is making conflict with Warframe or something else (I already did the tests)... Oh come on, something is wrong on the patch or in the engine of the game, the problem is not on my rig, its just logic, Before patch worked greatly, after patch everything is #*($%%@ up with bugs everywhere... I'm still waiting for the fix, sorry for my bad english

sorry for double-post idk how to quote in edit mode, what processor and gpu u got??

32 minutes ago, Infraa said:

sorry for double-post idk how to quote in edit mode, what processor and gpu u got??

Gt 540m (Yes a notebook and a old card), I7- 2670QM, But i was running Warframe with good quality graphics (almost everything on High) with 40-50 fps, now the same game is running with everything on low, with 10- 30 fps (most of times its 10 fps) even on the ship standing still, sure i don't have the best rig, but I'm surely certain that should run this game on low with at a least 30-40 fps after this patch.

Edited by Storm0Hawk

1 hour ago, Infraa said:

Yeah maybe the problem is the processor, is very old like you say, i will buy another processor i think that will be the solution also im playing on 2160x1440 because my monitor is 27" 144 HZ, poor cpu ahahah

Ouch, yeah, I'm on 2560x1440 on a 25in 60hz monitor (i run it at 120fps though because it has less screen tearing for some reason) and to keep that from dipping below 120fps takes a gtx970 and an i5 6600k at 4.7ghz. Running it at 60fps drops CPU usage from 90+ down to 50ish

54 minutes ago, Storm0Hawk said:

Gt 540m (Yes a notebook and a old card), I7- 2670QM, But i was running Warframe with good quality graphics (almost everything on High) with 40-50 fps, now the same game is running with everything on low, with 10- 30 fps (most of times its 10 fps) even on the ship standing still, sure i don't have the best rig, but I'm surely certain that should run this game on low with at a least 30-40 fps after this patch.

Have you tried messing with the DX10 DX11 settings? maybe try unchecking both to force it to run in DX9 mode

Edited by m4xwellmurd3r

17 minutes ago, m4xwellmurd3r said:

Ouch, yeah, I'm on 2560x1440 on a 25in 60hz monitor (i run it at 120fps though because it has less screen tearing for some reason) and to keep that from dipping below 120fps takes a gtx970 and an i5 6600k at 4.7ghz. Running it at 60fps drops CPU usage from 90+ down to 50ish

Have you tried messing with the DX10 DX11 settings? maybe try unchecking both to force it to run in DX9 mode

Yes, i already deactivated both DX 10 and DX11 to run on DX9 and... Its the same 10-30 fps with even worse graphics lol, tomorrow i will make a video to show what is happening in here, its late now, soo good night everyone.

I think that the merging of those threads wasn't really the best idea since there seem to be different issues at hand. The initial thread was about those FPS drops a lot of people had back in June and onwards due to a lighting change(? couldn't find it in the ~U18.14 notes, yet it roughly matches my experience, time-wise).

The new problems are most likely directly related to the main SotR update.

9 hours ago, Infraa said:

What I'd like to know is if you had any problems before Specters of the Rail. If yes, were those problems already there over a month ago?

54 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

What I'd like to know is if you had any problems before Specters of the Rail. If yes, were those problems already there over a month ago?

i am realizing that with this new patch (Specters of  the Rail) i have a improvement about perfomance, but a bit (around 5 fps)

I dont know if what is happening are for reasons of the patch or maybe i have disabled 64 bit mode in wf, both of them is getting me a improvement

I am going to test enabling 64 bit and well, we'll see whats going on

Edited by Infraa

Well i've solved 50% of the problem. Make sure u guys update all ur device drivers or check to see. This has alleviated some of those issue. As for the other 50% not sure if Warframe is suppose to take 2gbs of memory, in game show it take 1gb of memory.

And De also gives a general idea of what u need to do after big update, but yeah mainly the first option that i mention should helps.

Edited by GrayMerchant

So here's my video of the performance i having after the giant patch... You need to watch the end of the video to see what i'm talking, i will post another video (That is not mine) that will show how it played smoothly before the giant patch of specters of the rail

Edited by Storm0Hawk

Heres the other video (Yeah its old, but i have the double of the specs this guy have on this video) The game was running pretty fine and with a good fps before patch just like this video, i hope these videos can help to solve the problem...

Edited by Storm0Hawk

1 hour ago, Storm0Hawk said:

So here's my video of the performance i having after the giant patch... You need to watch the end of the video to see what i'm talking, i will post another video (That is not mine) that will show how it played smoothly before the giant patch of specters of the rail

Thank you for including so much information with your video. It is very much appreciated.
We will look over everything you have provided and see if there are any improvements we can make on our end.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Thank you for including so much information with your video. It is very much appreciated.
We will look over everything you have provided and see if there are any improvements we can make on our end.

I'm glad to hear that, if you need more information just ask, i just don't want to stop playing Warframe after the patch because my rig can't handle it anymore... I can't pay for a new rig or upgrade it ;_; (Its very expensive in my country)

Edited by Storm0Hawk

I'm sitting on an i5 devil's canyon with a 970 4GB. Games playing off an 850 EVO. Before patch/hotfix FPS was around 250-300, now its down in the 80-90 range.

Also noticed the game is reporting much more RAM usage. It's up over 1GB constantly where it would sit around 500-600 MB with load spikes at around 950 MB.

Edited by remnantSiX

6 hours ago, (PS4)leonharttribal said:

why is no one addressing the fact xb1 and ps4 can't even play warframe right now because we can't connect to any matchmaking at all only solo play is available or is it pc is more important?

Well, for one, that's kind of hard to notice for PC players who are busy with performance issues. Are there already threads about said issue? Is it a recent one or does it occur for some time now? On PC, there was a similar issue until Specters went live where the matchmaking was that heavily bugged you couldn't find a squad for minutes if at all. It seems to be fixed with the Starchart overhaul, so there's that.

On 12.7.2016 at 10:58 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Thank you for reminding me to try that again as it definitely changed it to the better. As of right now, I have yet to get another FPS drop and was able to change some settings back to medium-ish as well. If anyone else still has said drops from around U18.14, you should try verifying and optimising.

4 hours ago, Storm0Hawk said:

Heres the other video (Yeah its old, but i have the double of the specs this guy have on this video) The game was running pretty fine and with a good fps before patch just like this video, i hope these videos can help to solve the problem...

Props for the effort, I hope it'll get ironed out soon.

I'm getting bad FPS drops now for some odd reason. On the ship it's fine, but going into a mission the game struggles to keep above 60FPS. I'm running 2560x1440 though, but with a 6700k and a 980Ti SC, I'd think it'd be better than that. I've dropped settings like memory, runtime tesselation, and made sure PhysX was off, but even still it runs quite poorly. The CPU doesn't go above 20% when playing warframe, and the GPU isn't maxed out either. I've also additionally Optimized+Verified, and made sure my GPU driver is up to date, making sure to fully uninstall the previous one using DDU.

Edited by Wonderbolt-Spitfire

Jup I have a i7-6700k(beforeFX8350) and a R9 390 Strix from Asus and I get no consistent FPS anymore. It really bugs me and I see drops to 30-40FPS. Every Update ha?^^ Atleast I have that with every Update.

I use tesselation overwrite shadercache and FrameRatetargetControl in the driver. Even if it shows me 60FPS it doesn't seem to be smooth at all.

EDIT: It's super bad using FPS limit and V-synch I disabled those, the game runs now with around 100-150FPS in mission for me. A lot better

Edited by SkullFace495

I was going to get on to see if my issues were fixed yet. Had this same issue for well over a month. It was around the time they changed something with streaming textures. My rig is a GTX 760, 16gb of ram. I was getting perfect performance in warframe on high before 18.14 and after I was getting dips in menus and levels seemingly at random. I tried every combination of drivers and settings. I changed my operating system. I submitted a support ticket and had a frustrating time of it before my ticket was closed without the issue being fixed. Every other game I play is functioning properly. Including multiplayer games and games with a large number of mobs.

5 hours ago, projectrallus said:

I was going to get on to see if my issues were fixed yet. Had this same issue for well over a month. It was around the time they changed something with streaming textures. My rig is a GTX 760, 16gb of ram. I was getting perfect performance in warframe on high before 18.14 and after I was getting dips in menus and levels seemingly at random. I tried every combination of drivers and settings. I changed my operating system. I submitted a support ticket and had a frustrating time of it before my ticket was closed without the issue being fixed. Every other game I play is functioning properly. Including multiplayer games and games with a large number of mobs.

Just to be sure, did you try to verify and optimise the game cache in the launcher? That's what helped me big time.