Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Experiencing outright awful performance as of late

IEpicWolfI

Since Hotfix 18.14, I've been experiencing prolonged times of downright awful performance while in game. I usually play the game maxed, pretty much never dropping below 60fps no matter what's going on on the screen, but since Hotfix 18.14 on wards, I've been experiencing instances of the frame rate dropping to ~20fps, from few seconds to even few minutes.

What's up with that?

My graphic card drivers are all up to date and I've never experienced such drops in performance. What's more confusing, is why when I check the FPS with the in-game HUD option, it tells me I'm having solid 60fps, when I see something completely different on the screen.

I usually play on near minimal settings with a low powered desktop on 64 bit, but yeah I can tell there is a difference as well. From what I can tell, it may be something with 64 bit mode more so. Though that may just be me.

(64 bit) Before: About a solid 30fps
(64 bit) After: 20fps on even lower settings
(32 bit) After: 25-30fps constant, unless in LoR (20fps)
Updated Average (32 bit): 10-15fps occasionally, and 25-30fps constant

Update: As of Specters of the Rail 6, I have been experiencing moments at which the game slows to a crawl, and other times where it slows down to 10 or 15 fps. I am running Windows 8.1 on a fairly old, low end computer. I can understand that adding new things to a game can slow down performance if an increased number of items appear on screen at once.

One thing I don't understand is why not put in an even lower graphics setting? Think about it (after playing on lowest settings, and I don't mean lowest resolution), the game could look worse and still be playable.

Edited by danewgui2
Updating average fps as of late

Funny you say that because i noticed that my game jumped from 75fps max to 80 something even though i have it set to dynamic Vsync which sets it at 75. Besides hydroid still freezing and crashing my game whenever he spawns tentacle swarm (6 months its been a problem? i've lost count) and it stretches enemies and stuff ive been running a little better since the update. 

Ever since the lighting overhaul I get random drops in FPS in certain spots and there's really no excuse for it on my system.

I'm running an   i7 6700k 16GB of 3600DDR4, GTX 970 OC installed on a Samsung 950 Pro SSD.

Some of my system specs are near server capacity. The optimization is just bad.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Ever since the lighting overhaul I get random drops in FPS in certain spots and there's really no excuse for it on my system.

I'm running an   i7 6700k 16GB of 3600DDR4, GTX 970 OC installed on a Samsung 950 Pro SSD.

I basically have half the specs as you essentially, and i have been running more smoothly. I guess the optimization is really just bad. I noticed the biggest lighting issue was the Grineer mining asteroid tileset often has weird pink lighting sometimes when you get into the mission and never goes away, similar to that "radiation" hazard sortie that i ran a long time ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

We should start compiling a list, i can almost promise that anyone getting abnormally low FPS now is using a 900-series GTX card, most likely on windows 8/10.

Check your CPU usage while running warframe and consider getting a GPU with less S#&$ty driver support - this happens in all sorts of games and 3d programs, 900 drivers offload work to the CPU and are only using a tiny fraction (5-10%) of their actual power. Take a look at the activity of your GPU while running the game, it will likely be very low.

Warframe is one of the best-optimized games in existence, it can run at max graphics and solid 60FpS on fairly old, low-end machines, but basically nothing runs stably with a 9xx card on windows 10.

Ever since the specters of the rail update, I'm getting random dips in framerate to completely unplayable levels, usually ~15fps or so. GPU usage drops down to 9%, CPU usage is still low. There doesn't seem to be any specific thing causing it as far as I know. Had it happen in derelict and dojo so far.

Also, performance in general is absolutely terrible with this update. Sitting at 100fps while staring at a wall, completely CPU bound on a now low-end GPU.(GTX660)

Performance in combat ranges from 60-75 most of the time, very unpleasant.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

Can you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log so we can take a look at what is happening in the engine during these framerate drops? Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

Also, for the EE.log file you send us, could you type something in chat around the time you experience these FPS drops? Typing something simple like "slowperf" could help us track down when exactly the issue is occurring. 

Thanks.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

On 6/15/2016 at 8:44 PM, Xzorn said:

That makes no sense. I have an i6 6600k, 16gb of DDR4 2600 (overclocked to 3000), and a GTX 970 OC'ed to 1500mhz installed on a mushkin eco 2 SSD and at 1440p with all settings cranked I get 120fps 100% of the time with only the normal fluctuation of a few fps. My GPU is only loaded to like, 70%. I have the game set to run on DX11.

I haven't tried it since SotR dropped but I'm sure performance will be the same for me.

I'm on windows 10

Edited by m4xwellmurd3r

3 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Ever since the specters of the rail update, I'm getting random dips in framerate to completely unplayable levels, usually ~15fps or so. GPU usage drops down to 9%, CPU usage is still low. There doesn't seem to be any specific thing causing it as far as I know. Had it happen in derelict and dojo so far.

Alright, we got your EE.log. While we're taking a look at this -- have you tried optimizing / verifying your download cache via. the Warframe launcher? 

13TDmYm.png

3 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Can you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log so we can take a look at what is happening in the engine during these framerate drops? Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

Also, for the EE.log file you send us, could you type something in chat around the time you experience these FPS drops? Typing something simple like "slowperf" could help us track down when exactly the issue is occurring. 

Thanks.

I'm facing a similar problem with my GTX 660m. I was able to run at solid 60fps before the update. Now I'm having a lot of drops. fps drops to 40 while waiting on portal room on Void Sabotage mission and a lot of micro sttutering. I didn't update any driver since before the update.

if i must talk of performance,ill talk about how my loading perform

i am actually about 98% UNNABLE to join Anyone in a mission or them to join without crashing first and have to be reinvited to sucess at joining

EVERY MISSION

tryng to join a void fissure mission is a pain ,i always crash if i am not host,or any people with me crash if i were to be.

that's cause due to my slowness at loading and how hard programmed loading system is ,kicking everyone not "fitting in time"

i dont think i need to talk about occasional huge fps drop appearing without reason whatsoever ,people are already doing it here it seem x)

having that bug since update 18 as far i can remember ,and increase with every update it seem.

i think it was just insanely slow loading since update 16 before that

hope loading system can finally start to be looked at ,and be refined.

Edited by Kayco38

Когда я скачал Warframe через СТИМ у меня было на высоких 60-55fps потом у меня началась крашится игра я её удалил и скачал на официальном сайте у меня она запускалась но стало показывать 40-35fps а при драке опускается до 25fps а настройки те же ЧТО ДЕЛАТЬ ?

Edited by 3BEPb54

runs fine on 64bit and dx11 everything turned on and setting to ultra 140fps-200+fps, if you are getting having trouble running this game at 60fps mid-high below 1080p, its really time for an upgrade. This game is the most optimized current gen game on pc.

8 minutes ago, iDEATH said:

runs fine on 64bit and dx11 everything turned on and setting to ultra 140fps-200+fps, if you are getting having trouble running this game at 60fps mid-high below 1080p, its really time for an upgrade. This game is the most optimized current gen game on pc.

i7 6700k 16GB of 3600DDR4, GTX 970 OC installed on a Samsung 950 Pro SSD  @1440p

What should I upgrade first?

It's not like I drop under 60fps or anything but when I drop 40fps looking at a wall,  there's a problem.

I personally think it has something to do with the random seed tile sets. causing geometry problems since it doesn't happen often.

But most optimized current gen game? No way. The damn chat still locks up, it's done that for 2 years now.

I've had a similar problem.  Until this latest hotfix, I have been running at max settings and never experienced any issues at all.  After this update, the game starts in windowed mode with 1280x800 resolution and then will sometimes start having frame rate issues in missions.  I have a GTX 960 graphics card, 16 gig of ram and, again, never encountered any problems until last night.

I have a pretty beefy system and I have no idea why I wouldn't be able to max out Warframe, but it seems I can't. I get frequent dips into 17 FPS. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz 
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16 GB DDR4 
GPU: EVGA 980 TI Superclocked ACX 2.0+ @ 1.486 GHz

Before you start suggesting an unstable GPU overclock, Every other game in my library works fine. Warframe only started doing this after the lastest update.

Max settings - 1080p - 4x Anti Aliasing

B8DD7FD29F09C7932982EFCC5597095ABCB69721

It also looks like Warframe isn't using my overclocking profile. In other games, it uses it's overclock but warframe is an exception I guess.

778C51F41EF6D9297E0C4F529F081AB2A98237E8

Warframe is just downright not using all of my card forcing me into lowering settings to get a playable framerate (Around 60 FPS)

Also experiencing terrible fluctuation in GPU clock speed with no idea why. I've been from 500MHz to 1487MHz which is what I have it overclocked to all within a single mission.

Edited by Asparizan
Additions

This has happened to me also. I can most of the time run 60fps in my ship and a solid 30-40 on missions but since the update i have had major lag issues and it seems they tell us to verify our download or submit a ticket. I have done both of these things and still have not seen a change. This started to happen after the Latest update.

Edited by Tooasty1

yes i have been getting the same problem too idky, but it seems to be warframe it self. I can stream fine, but during mission i get fps drops and yet still the streaming is fine Oo please DE fix it QQ. I Love my Warframe :(

Edited by GrayMerchant

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

i7 6700k 16GB of 3600DDR4, GTX 970 OC installed on a Samsung 950 Pro SSD  @1440p

What should I upgrade first?

It's not like I drop under 60fps or anything but when I drop 40fps looking at a wall,  there's a problem.

I personally think it has something to do with the random seed tile sets. causing geometry problems since it doesn't happen often.

But most optimized current gen game? No way. The damn chat still locks up, it's done that for 2 years now.

Your issue is NOT your hardware. it sounds like a driver issue.

I basically have the SAME SETUP as you,but with a slower SSD, with slower ram, and an i5 6600k@4.7ghz vs your 6700k (what clock speed?) my GTX 970 is clocked at 1500mhz (what's yours?) and at 1440p I can pin the game at 120fps with drops no less than 100fps. (edit: in fact, after a couple minutes into my survival run the frame rates stabalized and stayed at a steady 120fps so the game was probably loading assets when I saw the initial drops)

That's including having PhysX enabled

What Nvidia driver version do you have? I have version 361.91 (I haven't updated in a while cause I have no reason to, all my games run perfect with this version)

Edited by m4xwellmurd3r

32 minutes ago, GrayMerchant said:

yes i have been getting the same problem too idky, but it seems to be warframe it self. I can stream fine, but during mission i get fps drops and yet still the streaming is fine Oo please DE fix it QQ. I Love my Warframe :(

Same here any other games that a little harder to run on my laptop i can get 30-40 fps in such as insurgency and league. But warframe is my favorite out of those two and i cant even play it :(

I had this problem as well on my main rig.  As a stop-gap fix, try switching from fullscreen to windowed and then back again in the in-game options menu.  That (temporarily) alleviates it for me.  I suspect it's an Nvidia driver bug of some kind, as I'm getting no such issues on my Macbook Pro with Iris graphics.