Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HELP computer hardware problem ONLY with Warframe!!

DeathstrikerWF

Question

So recently I've noticed that when I play Warframe (and Warframe only) my computer, although it is plugged in, stops registering the battery and stops charging momentarily. My computer then turns off after some (short) time because the battery runs out. This is being really annoying and I don't think I can keep playing. Has someone ever experienced this or have any clue on what the problem might be? Thank you

6 answers to this question

Did you check your power management settings?

• To begin, click on Start and open your control panel from your Start menu.
  • Click on Hardware and Sound.
  • Click on Power Options
  • On the left side of the screen, select Create Power Plan.
  • Select the High Performance radial

Sort of sounds like a short in the battery, or a battery related issue.

Although if it only happens when you start Warframe, there may be something else involved. I would try to update your system (CPU, GPU) drivers and check your system for any faulty files, viruses or the like.

I doubt it has to do with anything on your PC, but perhaps just a problem with how your PC loads when you start Warframe. Have you tried playing without your Battery? Just running straight from the AC adapter?

I had something like this happen to me before and it ended up being a bad charger, getting a new one fixed it for me. Was working fine in everything but warframe then after about a month or so it stopped working in other games too and I'd have to restart my computer if I wanted it to notice there was a charger plugged in for some reason.

I'd reccomend checking your charger for frayed wires ect. if it's the same thing since I could get it to work for a while if I could realign the wires for a bit. also if you have an extra charger to test it on try running with that to make sure it actually is a bad charger before you go wasting money to try to fix it (I ended up buying a battery I didn't need not that it hurts to have 2)

45 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

I had something like this happen to me before and it ended up being a bad charger, getting a new one fixed it for me. Was working fine in everything but warframe then after about a month or so it stopped working in other games too and I'd have to restart my computer if I wanted it to notice there was a charger plugged in for some reason.

I'd reccomend checking your charger for frayed wires ect. if it's the same thing since I could get it to work for a while if I could realign the wires for a bit. also if you have an extra charger to test it on try running with that to make sure it actually is a bad charger before you go wasting money to try to fix it (I ended up buying a battery I didn't need not that it hurts to have 2)

That would've been my next guess. I think it has something to do with his battery/adapter.