Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

When I first got on the internet, like, really really young, my family had AOL dial-up (dear god the horror) and they required you to make an email with them because you had to connect through their browser (DEAR GOD THE HORROR). I didn't know what to pick and chose the miserable name Sadener. >_> Sometime, I wanted to make another email address somewhere outside of AOL's... horrible, horrible domain...

So I went to yahoo and kind of just typed in Tigersight. The oldest records I still have in my mailbox date back to 2007, so it was *at least* 7 years ago now. It's been my internet handle ever since. :D

Edited by Tigersight

I created the name "SoulEchelon" as my secondary name in another game a very long time ago - maybe about a decade ago infact. I had two names I was well known as: Victor Alkaiser and Soul Echelon.

VictorAlkaiser was a very male-oriented name due to "Victor" being a male name on its own. Since the game in question had male and female characters, I used VictorAlkaiser as my male and SoulEchelon as my female.

Both names have their own actual, literal meanings.

Victor = Victorious. Kaiser = Emperor. So: Victor Alkaiser = Conqueror Emperor.

Soul = well...soul. Echelon = A "higher" chain of command. So: Soul Echelon = "Soul Commander", or, "Commander of Souls".

Edited by SoulEchelon

My name came from an in-joke between me and some friends. It took them awhile to convince me to play Warframe, and they filled me in on the factions and whatnot in the meantime. Somehow, (don't ask, I don't know) we decided that if you eat lemons, you become Infested, and that's how the Technocyte virus spreads. So we joked that if we were together, we would have to kill each other to stop it from spreading. If you ate the lemons alone, then you would be free to roam around as an Infested. So, that evolved into "NeverEatTheLemonsAlone", which I use on any game that allows a name that long. I'm on other games either as CStGeorge or ThatCrazyPyro.

"Faye Demon" was the name of a seemingly attractive young double amputee Indonesian prostitute lady I met on vacation once.

"Fayden" was simply one of many misinterpretations my drunk arse had about this particular gentleman.

No idea where the S came from.

Edited by S.Fayden

My name actually has a little story to it.

First off. When I made my PSN account on my PS3 back in 2011 I wanted to choose a name that could identify me in more ways than one. I wanted to choose a name that was already stuck on me for a long time.

natek_morzy is in fact two words.

Natek(Nay-Tech) actually comes from an art class in high school. I was writing my name "Nate" on a box of clay and slapped my last initial "K" on the end. My teacher was walking by and just pointed out a little nickname I could use for myself.

Morzy is short for Morzone. Back when I was 13(2006) I started playing this game called RuneScape. It was fairly fun and I loved the idea behind MMOs(expecially free ones!). I eventually met this guy named Curtis with the username Morzone and become a pretty good friend he could trust. Eventually he stopped playing as often as I and offered his account to me so we could share and work together on our goals instead of having separate accounts. Needless to say it worked very well and we both pretty much owned the same account. About a year later in FEB 2007 after learning more about Curtis I found that he wasn't the person I thought I knew. His girlfriend and brother contacted me telling me that he committed suicide. The two of them never saw this coming because it seems Curtis never reached out to anyone. After 7 years I still keep in contact with his brother and ex-girlfriend and also still have the RuneScape account he left behind. So as you can imagine I want to keep this name for myself.

Most of my friends call me either nate, natek or morzy.

• 2 weeks later...

Usernames.. No matter how funny or serious a name may sound, there is surely a story behind it. What made you come up with that name?

I am HollowFrame because when I signed up last June, I was still into my ex (emo alert!!). I was feeling really empty that time, that I thought I am a frame with nothing inside. Hence, "HollowFrame".
(This game actually helped me move on. Thanks Lotus! And Saryn's bewbs..)

What is your story? (Come on, I wanna see funny ones.)