Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

Very interesting thread. I am FigHTtiLLYoUDrOp. In my opinion, there is no greater death than going down fighting. A last stand is truly as honorable and awesome as a death can get, even more so when you die for the sake of your comrades.

A movie you may or may not have heard of called Halo Legends also helped inspire the name. A segment of the movie titled "Prototype" features a soldier who is nicknamed "Ghost"; during a firefight long ago, he lost his entire platoon, in order to atone for their deaths he steals a prototype combat suit and faces the covenant army alone in order to save two soldiers under his command. 

This is the scene of Ghost's last stand.

Skip to 5:54 to see Ghost literally fight till he drops.

Edited by FIGHTTILLYOUDROP

Thought I heard ultra queen on tv but I think it said something else. I thought about it and decided ultra queen sounds kinda cool but I'd like it to be more masculine. So I decided ultra king which I thought sounded just as cool and now I name my online accounts that.

No particular story - I just picked a selection of letters and phonetic combinations and syllables that I liked and mashed them together.

Mind you, I have MANY other aliases.

A better question I'd ask is:

What does my IGN mean to you?

(#inb4nothing)

Odd story...

I went by another handle for a number of years long ago now (AC and AO). But felt after a time that it was too long. Other players would have trouble remembering it or would shorten it, etc.

So I decided to try something different...

aka is.

The "IS" are elements of that older name... That said though, I've still used Akais for about 12 years now.

The Padre comes from the fact that I am a parent and my son and wife actually play this game with me.

I kinda used to play on my older cousin's Gunbound account a lot. And I used to play JD.. a lot. And I'd kill myself with my own baby Cakebots... a lot.

So my cousin got fed up and made me my own account. I was too young to think of a name around that time (I might have been 7 or 8), so he went with Kaboomonme, to reinforce the irony.

Stuck with the name ever since.

Edited by kaboomonme

A movie you may or may not have heard of called Halo Legends also helped inspire the name. A segment of the movie titled "Prototype" features a soldier who is nicknamed "Ghost"; during a firefight long ago, he lost his entire platoon, in order to atone for their deaths he steals a prototype combat suit and faces the covenant army alone in order to save two soldiers under his command. 

This is the scene of Ghost's last stand.

Skip to 5:54 to see Ghost literally fight till he drops.

Don't forget, he goes out with a bang; literally.

I just wanted to confuse people in parties who were trying to tell someone my name.

(Originated on Xbox LIVE, was fully spelled out at the time. Was taken on PSN)

Ex:

Host: "So who am I inviting?"

Friend: "ThatOthrPerson"

Host: "Who?"

Friend: "ThatOthrPerson!"

Host: "But what's his username?!""

Corny as the example may seem, I've yet to join a party where this hasn't happened at least once.

Hmmm My Username, well when you write short stories you need to come up with a name and well I was think of what would fit a necromancer who really isn't in it for the dead but to figure out how to bring back his beloved from the great beyond?  Well with help of my beloved(thanks babe) I learned that Zero in Japanese(correct me if I'm wrong) is another way of saying Spirit so adding that with Light I came up with Zero No Hikari or Spirit Light which rolls off the tongue so easily I just have to use it now.

"natek_morzy"

Unlike Warframe usernames on PC, PSN usernames mean more in my opinion. It's been with me for 3 years now.

"natek" is short for my first name and last initial.

"morzy" is short for Morzone. Morzone is the name I had on a game called RuneScape. A friend of mine created it a long time ago and he kind of passed it on to me. I really like the name.

Haha let's see.. Old old old story. 

I'm playing Unreal Tournament as a kid, right? There's a character that had shiny armor, so I set my name to "Shiny Guy" 

Then eventually I ended up joining a clan and liking the name "The Smile"

Sometime later I got tired of it and mashed them together, have had the name ever since.

Allow me to tell you a tale. One of humble beginnings, one of becoming more; one of muscle.

Victor was born in a world dominated by women. Everywhere he went, there were women left and right, of all shapes, sizes and personalities. However, he one day vowed to become stronger, and get the male voice heard amongst a sea of female supremacy.

Although his past delves far back, his new debut came on a new year's day. Clad in nothing but a purple speedo and muscle from head to toe, he forever changed the landscape with his majestic form, shocking and inspiring all who gazed upon his glistening body.

He was the first. He was, Muscle Victor.

Documentary video:

Anecdotes:

Basically from a Japanese MMO called Cosmic Break (with an NA server), the majority of playable characters are either stereotypical anime girls called 'moebots' by the English community, or mecha, with the former far superior in stats. Then, Muscle Victor was released in the New Year's Garapon (their infamous pay-to-win gatchapon with equally infamous music). He was introduced as a gag variant of the original Herr Victor in official art before, but the new year's gara is the 1st time he actually appeared in-game. He was such a funny joke character that I had to use his name in his honor. I do have another alias that I use for more... normal things, but this one works just as well.

I played Castlevania: Harmony of Despair multiplayer religiously for almost a year not too long ago. I religiously used the "Nitesco" spell in multiplayer because it was one of the most annoying things to deal with when fighting against Shanoas. My TV resolution was also crap, so the spell looked like it was spelled "Nitresco", and I ended it up calling it that even after finding out there was no "r".

After a long while, I decided to change my online alias, which was Psyanide at the time. Lacking creativity, I used this. And I've been using it ever since.

I honestly don't have much of an entertaining story behind this one. A few years ago I needed an account name that didn't sound like it was made up by a six year-old, and this is what popped into my head. I've been using it for everything ever since.

I honestly don't have much of an entertaining story behind this one. A few years ago I needed an account name that didn't sound like it was made up by a six year-old, and this is what popped into my head. I've been using it for everything ever since.

No koala-related trauma then?

Basically my friends told me I looked like a knight, like, five years ago. I have a beard and semi-long hair, so yeah. And thus ever since I started using 'The Knight' in any way or form for a gaming alias. Though I've been called viking or caveman as well, but knight is the only one that sticked.

I suppose my beard determines what I am.

When I saw the trailer, I immediately saw this ninja-japanese warriors atmosphere. At the time, my IRL friends kept calling me "mah n-word" so,

I did it.

I searched how could I say this n-word in japanese.

Nobody got the joke, though.

Edited by Neguro