Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

I used several names before Camping Snake. The last (and only) one I can remember was "mongoose."

Camping Snake comes from a match of Team Fortress Two. I was camping and making some british guys mad. They started spewing insults at me. Yelling at me to stop camping, and during the yelling, one of them thought "snake" was an insult.

So I thought about it.

I camp alot, snakes are cool, and if I change my name to it. It could make them mad xD

This was back when I liked making people mad.

Camping Snake is usually never taken. It has gotten to the point that I don't have a fallback name.

As far as I know, I am the only Camping Snake.

There was one guy that tried to make me mad by making his steam name camping snake during a game. It was kind of funny, people kept getting confused.

That's the story.

back in the day when I didnt game online a friend and I were playing Timesplitters 2 and we had to make a new profile name. for the sake of something stupid and amusing (we had a few drinks at the time) this username was born...

when I started playing online on the PC I needed to get an alias. I decided to go with this one because it was amusing but most of all; unique. I've yet to see a "this name has been taken" on any forum or game that requires a unique username I've played to date... and its also fairly easy to remember and easy to type so I never get a 'how the hell do you spell that/what was it again?' when new friends add me xD

I do often get called "Fartbreak" for some reason though >.>

Edited by Fartbake

Well my usual name is "TheNoodler" but that was taken so I raged because that's my name for everything, I didn't feel like fixing it so I decided to make a new name, so I my street name (ozone) and my birthday (1999) hence my name OZONE99

Uhh. Tyrala is shorthand for Tyralasevekanorielaemusto En Thiall, who is a character my brain cooked up in a dream who ate purple crystals and fought a giant octopus made of TV's, while riding in an ambulance no less. She also happens to be a Time Lady. 

So ahh...that's my name's origin lol.

i started using my username Shadow977 a long time ago first time i used in a game called Stick Arena."Shadow"comes from Shadow the Hedgehog and because the word "Shadow" fits my personality. the "977" was originally supposed to be "97" from my birth year but because Shadow97 was taken so i just added one "7" to it and have gone with Shadow977 ever since. Although Shadow977 seems to be pretty popular username.......fuckin copycats.

I first had the name Vesage, because I'm HORRIBLE with character names, I used a random fantasy name generator and I took two and put it together.
I always use Vesage for male chars. I thought I had made it up, but it turned out to be a Russian book.
Then I tried to think of a female name with the same "Ves" part so people still recognize me, and because a lot of people just call me Ves.
So I thought of Vesiga, I looked it up thinking I made it up again. It turns out to be bone marrow from a fish.
I like the names, but it's funny what they turned out to be, but they pronounce Vesage and Vesiga differently than always do.
Ves-edge for Vesage
Ves-Eye-guh for Vesiga
is how I've always pronounced them.
but keeping those usernames, I've met tons of my old friends from other games on different games cause they know my name.
They mostly know me from Vindictus cause I played that game like two years straight before I endgamed so hard I need new content to wanna keep going D:
and that's the story of my username :p

Some people have some really cool and weird profile names. And I really do want to know the origins of them. 

Mine is pretty simple. "Kellman" is my last name. And I really like it. Plus I didn't want to call myself ZombieHunter75 or something. Even though I do enjoy zombie lore.

So tell us Tenno, why did you choose your pro name, as your pro name?

X3Evanescence.

The one and only.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not an Evanescence fan, although I do enjoy their music

Evanescence means: The event of fading and gradually vanishing from sight; "the evanescence of the morning mist".

I found it somehow fitting, so I added my signature emoticon X3 to the front, and there you go.

Edited by X3Evanescence