Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Prime: Balance Build

Zihark.

Question

Ive been off of warframe for nearly 2 years, and now Im back! While most other games hardly change in a year, this game caught me in surprise in how much the overall gameplay has changed. Warframe modding isnt what it used to be either, and after playing around with quite a few of my frames, i have a new favorite frame: Saryn (Prime). 
Her playstyle used to be pretty straightforward but after her changes (idk when that happened, but good job DE). It now allows me to use all of her abilities to get the maximum amount of fun and damage out of her potential. 
On the downside, many of her powers require strength, duration, efficiency, and range, making her one of the hardest frames to build properly. Ive seen alot of ppl sacrifice miasma and go straight range for spore popping and keeping that viral proc going. I, however, decided to keep my Saryn a balanced frame between DPS and Utility so that i can practically go to any mission and still be of great use. 

Heres the build i have on:

THOMM34.jpg

A few key points i have for deciding to go with this build:
- Range: yes its not as big as most other peoples Saryn build, but i personally think that stretch is enough to keep the spores popping throughout an entire room. This is especially the case for Defense, Interception, and Survival missions where enemies tend to mow you down in large crowds that are not so spread apart. Exterminate and Spy missions? You dont really need a massive CC there.

- Efficiency: While i really want to have power efficiency mods on, it was pretty hard to do so without sacrificing something else (really hope augument mod slots are going to be a thing soon). Therefore, I decided to take advantage of Saryn Primes massive energy capacity and sacrificed efficiency mods while making sure no other mods affect it negatively.

- Duration: Duration tends to be a must on most frames I use as a main (Saryn, Vauban, Rhino(ok. not really for this guy)). I used to have continuity and constitution on (no i dont have narrow minded ;_;). Once primed continuity came out on void trader a few weeks ago, i had no hesitation to buy it and spend my cores on it. Transient fortitude does decrease duration on this build but i think the sacrifice benefits me in the next section.

- Strength: One of the hardest category to mod in my opinion, since just a little difference in this sections % changes the damage of Miasma drastically if synchronized with other abilities. For example, the difference of the initial dmg of miasma between 2000 and 2200(10% difference) makes a large difference of 6000 and 6600(thats 600 dmg difference, which i personally think is pretty big enough for a 10% difference). Not to mention if molt explodes, it also adds that damage as well. However, I had to sacrifice Blind Rage cause of efficiency problems, and added Intensify, Transient Fortitude, and Power Drift to get a 100% increase without paying a major penalty(though the duration loss is alittle painful).

- Regenerative Molt + Vitality: This made my Saryn extremely tanky against high leveled enemies (by high level i mean ~75+) and also led me to find a pretty funny way of spreading toxic procs simply by running through enemy hordes and pressing 2 (3 for me since i use ESDF key system) while constantly regenerating my health and healing status procs. As long as you dont stand there and turret-shoot, this was more than enough to keep me alive from high leveled enemies while spreading spores at my front, toxic at my back.

In addition, a few weapons that i think synchronizes really well with Saryn:
- Orthos Prime: need to spread those spores from one enemy to 10 enemies? Orthos does a really good job of it, especially if you activate Toxic Lash. Its also a good weapon.
- Sancti Tigris: Very high damge, and its good for run-and-gun playstyle. Take advantage of its really high damage to insta-kill 120+ units that are under Viral proc. Punch-through mods may help in wiping out a crowd of "Spored" mobs.

- Supra: Half the reason why its here is just because i like it. However, this thing is a powerful Corrosive proc monster if modded right, and it has those spread that allows you to pop spores, allowing you to strip the enemy of their armor, take advantage of the viral proc, and spread those spores at the same time. A well-modded Supra has the potential to kill a lv 120 Corrupted Heavy Gunner within a single magazine with only bodyshots (not counting headshots since Supras recoil makes it hard to land headshots without Stabilizer)

If you bothered to read through this wall of text, please let me know what you think about this build. Any comments, suggestions, advices, etc. are appreciated in hopes of making this build even better.

Edited by Zihark.

3 answers to this question

I'd go for cunning drift over power drift, you'd still keep a very high power strentgh but range is one of saryns most importent attributes. other then that its a decent build.

also none of those weapons have much synergy with her abilities, they'll work fine but theres nothing that makes then synergise

Looks pretty similar to my initial SarynP build, but I was using Cunning Drift.

However, although that build works pretty well, more range equals more spore coverage and that's a very good thing indeed.

I quickly replaced Stretch with Overextended and Cunning Drift with Power Drift to ameliorate the power loss somewhat. This works much better overall (190% range as opposed to 160%), at least as far as spore coverage goes. It's usually enough to get the job done, though the durability hit on the Molt is noticeable.

As for weapons, I've mostly settled on an Acid Shells modded Sobek, Hikou Prime (CE/speed build or CE/gas build depending on enemy lvl), and the Nikana Prime. I also use the Ignis, but the radial procs of the Sobek in addition to the AS just make it a nasty weapon for Saryn and it's more fun to use. The recovery is nice, too, when the Molt has issues with durability as enemy level rises.