Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I know there is a Star Chart Rework Happening, but what does it mean?

JohnMorte

Question

What does this entail for all of the void keys I have accumulated? Will we be getting full value out of them in the reworked star chart? Is there somewhere that possibly has all of this information, if it is out there already?

9 answers to this question

Most of the current star chart is a ghost town except the farming nodes while the majority of players are in keys or rotating/temporary missions like alerts, syndicate dailies, event nodes, sorties and invasions.

So this time instead of 300 star chart spots that are empty except the farming nodes, it's supposedly going to have a smaller number that rotate and change somehow, to keep things fresh and put more players on the same nodes so you can find more and better match-made groups if you want to.

Edited by VKhaun

Mind the void sabotage but reverse :D

Void mission will appearance as alert and then you enter the mission then you will find a void portal like void reverse sabotage (when you got the key from that mini boss and returning ) then you put your key so now you can do the void mission as always you did ... so you still need those keys :D

That's just a guess :D

43 minutes ago, Wiintre said:

Mind the void sabotage but reverse :D

Void mission will appearance as alert and then you enter the mission then you will find a void portal like void reverse sabotage (when you got the key from that mini boss and returning ) then you put your key so now you can do the void mission as always you did ... so you still need those keys :D

That's just a guess :D

Really hope it's not like that.

If that is the case, they better up the drop chances for parts like crazy. And they better have a LOT of alerts up at any given time. That would be a nightmare if I wait a few hours for a void alert only to still get a key as a reward. 

Let's say a player had a goal to farm X prime today, and they log in to see no alerts are up for it, its much more likely that they log out and play something else than to keep playing whatever is available until an alert comes up. 

But no use in arguing against a guess of what it might be when we have no idea what they are really going to do. I'm trying to stay hopeful that the new star chart will be a good change. At the same time it's really hard not to be a bit worried when we've gotten no info in a long time and have no solid answers to basic questions like if we will have several options for farming a specific resources or an option to get a specific frame/prime at any given time. 

1 hour ago, VKhaun said:

Most of the current star chart is a ghost town except the farming nodes while the majority of players are in keys or rotating/temporary missions like alerts, syndicate dailies, event nodes, sorties and invasions.

So this time instead of 300 star chart spots that are empty except the farming nodes, it's supposedly going to have a smaller number that rotate and change somehow, to keep things fresh and put more players on the same nodes so you can find more and better match-made groups if you want to.

I hope that we'll still get to choose what we play and how we play it, but thanks for the info!

11 minutes ago, 3goats said:

I hope that we'll still get to choose what we play and how we play it, but thanks for the info!

There was a lot of discussion about choice when the concept was first put forward.

Having 300 nodes sounds like a lot of choice, but 4 factions, times sixteen tilesets, times roughly eight level ranges, times fifteen mission types is already 7,680 combinations. Then you've got sentients and multiple bosses per faction that need their own assassinate and crossfire, then you need multiple instances of all of those things for different combinations (like how Mercury doesn't have Napalms) and for spawning different sets of loot because we run out of places for new stuff to drop... and... yeah... the longer the game goes on the bigger it gets and the fewer players you see because they're all spread out.

Eventually a smaller number of choices that rotate and change just makes more sense. It's less choices at any given moment but you'll get a much larger variety of things to play, and more people to play with than a static chart.

2 hours ago, 3goats said:

Note that resource locations will be on rotation as well, so we won't constantly go to one node for a particular resource.