Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primes/Non Primes, Slots & Loadouts.

ProStarMax

Question

Heey,

I was wondering if i shall keep the normal verison of something if i have the prime one, like if there's any point to keep the normal one, cuz AFAIK the prime version>normal version, that's question no.1, no.2, How do you guys deal with the loadout slots? how do you configure them?

Also, 'sup with the warframe slots, i see that i have to pay 20 plat for every warframe i get to open a slot for him, that's ridiculous...

7 answers to this question

1) So far there is no drawback to playing a prime, so no. If you need the slot there's no reason to keep the non-prime.

2) If you mean how do they work, the main thing is to use duplicate. There's no "new loadout" button, you just have to duplicate the one you're using and then change the new duplicate around. Give it a new name.

3) Yes you have to get a slot for each frame, except frames you buy come with a slot and a reactor. Yes it is ridiculous. I would bet a good bit that our player retention falls off a cliff at the exact moment someone finally finishes crafting a frame and gets the error "no open slots" and the prompt to pay for plat...

The only point to keeping the normal version if you have the prime version is just to have it. I configure my load outs with A being the one I use most often and B and C are for more specific situations such as long defenses or survivals. That 20 p for every warframe slot seems bad now but after awhile you realize you can trade mods for that plat.

Well, normal warframes should be sold if you get the the prime versions, they don't have any use after that 

I make my loadouts for weapons like this: 

1- grineer 

2-corpus 

3-infested 

as for warframes, most warframes have multiple builds, so use the loadout slots to quickly change between them, on most warframes you'll only need 1 build though 

as for the price on warframe slots, it's too much at start, but when you go deeper into the game it'll be easy 

Some warframes I keep after getting the prime variant. Some I don't. Depends how much I like that particular warframe and how much effort I have in it...and if it has arcane helm(s).

As for loadouts, it depends which loadouts we're talking about.

For warframes, it isn't anything in particular, it's just different builds. As an example, my Valkyr has an armor build, a fast casting build, and a general purpose build with Eternal War. These aren't graven in stone, either. They'll get modified when needed. I have a lot of warframes, so real cash or not, the convenience of more ready warframe loadout slots is worth every penny. I'd buy ten more if I could.

For weapons, it's usually: 1-corpus (mag/toxic, mag, or just toxic), 2-grineer (usually a rad or rad/viral build), 3-Infested/corrupted/low level grineer (usually corrosive, but the secondary element varies from heat to cold, depending). There are a few weapons I consider one faction only, and they may or may not have more than one build. Depends on the weapon and application.

And, yes, I wish we had more of all of the above.

3 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

I wish DE would allow us to convert the normal frame into a skin to free up the slot yet keep the appearance of the normal frame.

That's a great suggestion!

Thanks for your answers everybody :)

It's situational. Let's say you just level normal Rhino but already have Rhino Prime in your foundry. Then you probably want to sell normal rhino for the extra slot. However, let's say you've been playing as Rhino for ages and have multiple forma + reactor + exilus. Then you wouldn't want to sell your rhino. You will better off keep him and perhaps make a different build with your Rhino Prime (different polarities + different aura, etc.).