Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few General Questions

(PSN)Saobie3

Question

Sorry, thes will all be somewhat random questions. Excuse me if any E's are missing, my new laptop apprantly came with a jacked up E key >.>

So firstly, i made Mirage and hav some questions. Do her clones all deal full damage? If not, do they deal the guns unmodded damage (IE mods dont affect them) or a % portion?

Also, iv recently made the Lanka and im not totally sure how to mod it. Its outrageous crit chanc when zoomed leads me to assume Vital Sense should be used. What else? Iv got no potato for it so right now it just has Serration, Malignant Force, and High Voltage. I was also told it had 5m punch, but i am not seeing it punch objects nearly as much as i xpected, yt it does fine on enemies. Also is there any way to reduce wobble when zoomed?

I have a few weapons im planning to make, which first (base this on usfulness): Angstrum, Opticor, Mios, Stradavar

Based on usefulness, which one of these should i potato first: Hek, Lanka, Tonkor, Soma, Vaykor Marelok, Ack & Brunt, Sweeper

9 answers to this question

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hall_of_Mirrors <- This should answer your Mirage's Clones question. Wikia is a great friend.

About Lanka, Vital Sense is indeed a good idea, along with Point Strike, which, along with a fully zoomed shot, allows Lanka to Red Crit.

I don't understand what you mean by "punch objects", keep in mind that it's innate Punchthrough is only on charged shots, and just to make sure, Punchthrough is object penetration, meaning you can kill enemies through a door that is less than 5m (in this case) thick. About Modding, you should go with what you feel best. I personally would bet in damage, no multishot, since it can break combos, and fire rate to have quick charges along with critical based mods.

Weapons to make: Can't help you, out of those, I've only used Angstrum so far, as long as you keep in mind the self-damage, it's an interesting weapon.

About potato'ing: Tonkor would be the major opinion as it is the most Meta, I personally avoid it but pay no attention to that. Soma, I'd potato Soma Prime instead. Sweeper is a companion weapon, I advise you to leave those for last. Ack & Brunt, you have much better melee choices, I guess it's a fine one for PvP, but you won't need a potato on it for PvP for a big while.

So: Hek / Lanka (which type you like better using) / Vaykor Marelok (this one if you want to use mostly a Secondary or if you already have a Primary potato'd that you usually use) > Soma (Prime). Ack and Sweeper, I wouldn't unless I had anything else to potato.

Soooo i try to answer a few of your questions here:

Mirage Clones do not deal full dmg. Without any strengh mods each will do 20% of your full dmg. With max. powerstrengh you could reach about 120% dmg from each clone.

And there is this cool augment mod for her doppelgangers. This mod gives  for each kill you do with your first ablitiy active more dmg to your clones (max 50% more).

For the Lanka i can't give you any tips, because i didn't use her.

In my opinion you should make the Opticor first or the Stradavar. The over two weapons are meeh :D

And on the potato question: I prefer the Vaykor Marelok, but the Soma is fine too. It depends how many mods you already got and with which weapon you could obtain the most dmg here. 

If you got any different questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

(If i made any grammar mistakes or something different, excuse me no native speaker)

So, first off with Mirage; your clones deal a percentage of the dmg you deal. So, if your bullet does 100 dmg, your clones will deal 25 if they deal 25%. I forget the base percentage and that jazz, but a clone build would optimally also have hall of mirrros, as it increases the percentage per kill, but it's not necessary.

Next, for the lanka, mod in crit chance/crit dmg. The Lanka is a crit hit gun, and also, you have innate punch through on fully charged shots. The lanka is something like a railgun, and each shot needs to be charged to deal full dmg. For this, fire rate mods can increase the charge rate, and no way to reduce 'wobble'. 

Personally, I would take the Mios. It's a very well rounded melee weapon with a fun stance and nice area of swinging. Strads kinda meh, angstrum is poweful, but you can blow yourself up kind of a lot with it, and Opticor is a charged gun. Great in theory, but without a fully maxed, potato'd and forma;d build, you'll feel really slow with it. 

As for which wep to potato first, I would toss it up to Hek or Tonkor. Tonkor is definitely a strong choice if you love Mirage, as she can spew grenades for days and cover massive areas with carpet bombing, and the tonkor is still strong outside of her hands. The Hek is VERY strong as well, and a little more flexible in usage, as the tonkor can take some adjusting aiming wise. The Hek simply blasts anything in front of it.

Mirage HOM

Spoiler
  • Mirage projects 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 holographic mirror images that follow and mimic her actions for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25seconds. Each hologram is invulnerable to damage, draws enemy attention, and deals 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% of the current weapon's total damage.
    • Damage percentage is affected by Power Strength, while the number of holograms is not.
    • Only a maximum of 1 / 1 / 2 / 2 holograms are able to fire projectiles (hitscan and non-hitscan) from primary and secondary weapons. The total hologram damage will be redistributed among the active holograms; each active hologram will inflict ? / ? / ? / 40% of the projectile weapon's total damage.
    • Equipped mods on the current weapon will affect the holograms' weapon stats as expected.
    • Duration is affected by Power Duration.
  • Once spawned, holograms remain fixed in position around Mirage.
  • Holograms partially fade from view when the HUD's targeting reticle is near them.
  • Holograms will mimic Mirage's aim which can shift away from the HUD's targeting reticle depending on their position.
  • Holograms do not path on terrain and are intangible, allowing them to phase through obstacles and walk on air.
  • Affinity gained from killing enemies while Hall of Mirrors is active does not go to the weapon used and instead contributes to Mirage.
  • Casting delay of 1 second.

HallofMalevolence2b Augment Mod

The lanka is best with a crit build and there is no way to reduce the "wobble"

Soma is probably the most useful since it's pretty decent against all factions. 

1 minute ago, Manyc said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hall_of_Mirrors <- This should answer your Mirage's Clones question. Wikia is a great friend.

About Lanka, Vital Sense is indeed a good idea, along with Point Strike, which, along with a fully zoomed shot, allows Lanka to Red Crit.

I don't understand what you mean by "punch objects", keep in mind that it's innate Punchthrough is only on charged shots, and just to make sure, Punchthrough is object penetration, meaning you can kill enemies through a door that is less than 5m (in this case) thick. About Modding, you should go with what you feel best. I personally would bet in damage, no multishot, since it can break combos, and fire rate to have quick charges along with critical based mods.

Weapons to make: Can't help you, out of those, I've only used Angstrum so far, as long as you keep in mind the self-damage, it's an interesting weapon.

About potato'ing: Tonkor would be the major opinion as it is the most Meta, I personally avoid it but pay no attention to that. Soma, I'd potato Soma Prime instead. Sweeper is a companion weapon, I advise you to leave those for last. Ack & Brunt, you have much better melee choices, I guess it's a fine one for PvP, but you won't need a potato on it for PvP for a big while.

So: Hek / Lanka (which type you like better using) / Vaykor Marelok (this one if you want to use mostly a Secondary or if you already have a Primary potato'd that you usually use) > Soma (Prime). Ack and Sweeper, I wouldn't unless I had anything else to potato.

Thanks a bunch. I guess since i already make 60 bomblets rain down using HoM + Kulstar, ill skip the Angstrum and make the Spartan Las- i man Opticor. Tonkor i also dont us much as im mostly into continous weapons like Quanta and Ignis (both of which hav a potato), but youv got a point about it being meta and very good. Ack & Brunt, i was undr the impression it was a good weapon honestly :/ I currently us Broken War, but its my only melee rn. 

Anyways, ty. Youv been a big help

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

I was told Gas is best, because it givs the shots AoE.

Thoughts?

Gas is a better damage type for it in general you can switch the two elements on the end to whatever you want I was just doing some testing with that build