Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Need Love Like Everything Does.

BiancaRoughfin

So i was reading Neuhnee`s topic on Sentinel Survivability and it reminded me of some ideas i have been having for some time now regarding to Sentinels.

Many have noticed that Sentinels at low Ranks have very little survivability, specialy becouse they rank up pretty slow and you have to choose between enabling its gun or adding HP/Shield mods for it to live more not to mention how easly they steal your agro and enemies then focus on blasting them apart.

First i though of a purchaseable Package at the store that would be quite expensive but allow a player to ressurect his Sentinel without it being able to benefit from Regen mod again in the same stage.

When the package is used, a Wireframe of the Sentinel would apear and follow the player exactly as the Sentinel did and slowly flash with the Regen`s green light as it rebuilds its self. During this time the Sentinel would be unable to use any skill or attack and would still be hitable by enemy area attacks. After about 60~180 (Based on Sentinel`s Rank) seconds the Sentinel would be completely rebuilt and retake its role.

There are also some Unique Mods i came up with that would allow each Sentinel its own way of recovering Health/Shield.

Leecher Bay (Shade) (RARE) f0z.png :

Allows the Shade to send Leecher`s at nearby enemy targets, draining their Shield/HP and recovering its own.

This ability wont break Shade`s invisibility since its a stealth weapon.

Since the Leech is a Corpus Tecnology and the bar polarity mods drop more communly from Corpus, i decided to give it this polaroty.

Fire Rate: 1 Leach every 2 Seconds.

Targeting: Random (Will not shoot more then two leeches on the same target unless its the only one in sight.)

Leecher duration: 4/6/8/10 seconds.

Shield Leech: 1/2/3/4 points per second.

Health Leech: 1/1/1/2 points per second (Only when enemy shield is depleated).

Range: Same as the Leech Ospray`s.

Cost: 6/7/8/9 mod points.

Living Fibre (Wyrm) (RARE) ex.png :

Gives the Wyrm a natural Health regeneration wile not in combat. Works kind of like the Shields, damage stops regeneration and it restarts a few seconds after damage was taken.

Regeneration Rate: 1/2/3/4 every two seconds.

Regeneration Restart Delay: 2/4/6/6 seconds. (At rank 1 it would restart praticly imediatly.)

Assimilation (DethCube) (RARE) 4y7.png :

Allows the Dethcube to tear and assimilate metal parts of nearby enemy corpses.

This ability would work as a modified Vaporise beam, shooting a blue beam at nearby corpses and giving a tug then making it disapear instants after.

Since its based on a attack the Dethcube already has and the Grineer are more know for salvaging, i thought i would give it a V polarity since its more commonly droped from Grineers.

Cooldown: 8 seconds.

Range: Same as the Vaporize`s

Health Recovery: 5/8/12/15

Cost: 6/7/8/9

Commentz plz?!

So i was reading Neuhnee`s topic on Sentinel Survivability and it reminded me of some ideas i have been having for some time now regarding to Sentinels.

Many have noticed that Sentinels at low Ranks have very little survivability, specialy becouse they rank up pretty slow and you have to choose between enabling its gun or adding HP/Shield mods for it to live more not to mention how easly they steal your agro and enemies then focus on blasting them apart.

First i though of a purchaseable Package at the store that would be quite expensive but allow a player to ressurect his Sentinel without it being able to benefit from Regen mod again in the same stage.

When the package is used, a Wireframe of the Sentinel would apear and follow the player exactly as the Sentinel did and slowly flash with the Regen`s green light as it rebuilds its self. During this time the Sentinel would be unable to use any skill or attack and would still be hitable by enemy area attacks. After about 60~180 (Based on Sentinel`s Rank) seconds the Sentinel would be completely rebuilt and retake its role.

There are also some Unique Mods i came up with that would allow each Sentinel its own way of recovering Health/Shield.

Allows the Shade to send Leecher`s at nearby enemy targets, draining their Shield/HP and recovering its own.

This ability wont break Shade`s invisibility since its a stealth weapon.

Since the Leech is a Corpus Tecnology and the bar polarity mods drop more communly from Corpus, i decided to give it this polaroty.

Targeting: Random (Will not shoot more then two leeches on the same target unless its the only one in sight.)

Living Fibre (Wyrm) (RARE) ex.png :

Gives the Wyrm a natural Health regeneration wile not in combat. Works kind of like the Shields, damage stops regeneration and it restarts a few seconds after damage was taken.

Regeneration Rate: 1/2/3/4 every two seconds.

Regeneration Restart Delay: 2/4/6/6 seconds. (At rank 1 it would restart praticly imediatly.)

This ability would work as a modified Vaporise beam, shooting a blue beam at nearby corpses and giving a tug then making it disapear instants after.

Since its based on a attack the Dethcube already has and the Grineer are more know for salvaging, i thought i would give it a V polarity since its more commonly droped from Grineers.

Commentz plz?!

Holy S#&$, now this suggestions are realy good, i really love them !

That would be awsome mega cool for my shade!

P.S: DE please give this guy a job or something !!!

Commentz plz?!

YES! Resistance is futile!

I LIKE IT!

@Endrance: Enemy bodies have remaining metal and other components from armor and devices that can be assimilated into the Sentinel for its repair. What the skill does is tear those of dead enemies for use. The visual effect of this happening would be of a blue beam like the Vaporize one along with a tug on that enemy`s body, also causing it to vanish afterwards to avoid the same sentinel using the skill on it again.

Even Infested have some remaining bits of metal and armor on them that can be used.

Edited by BiancaPony

So, the ideas are pretty cool. 

DE definitely needs to address the combat viability of the Wyrm and the Shade. The Cube already solos defense missions. Thankfully, they already told us they're working on this.

Having more abilities to slot is always something that this game can use, both for sentinels and warframes. They add the element of choice.

The wireframe idea is alright, however I want to question the practicality of the concept. If the enemies are able to attack the sentinel as the sentinel is repairing itself, wouldn't that defeat the purpose as the grineer and corpus' mass laser and bullet spam destroy the sentinel again before it can fully repair in 60~ 180 seconds, or am I just reading it incorrectly?

For the Leech ability, what do you mean by "points"? I think that stealing 1 point of health or 1 point of shield would be pretty useless. If it was stronger, or I mis-interpreted, I can definitely see this as a must-have.

The Sentinel`s regenera

The wireframe idea is alright, however I want to question the practicality of the concept. If the enemies are able to attack the sentinel as the sentinel is repairing itself, wouldn't that defeat the purpose as the grineer and corpus' mass laser and bullet spam destroy the sentinel again before it can fully repair in 60~ 180 seconds, or am I just reading it incorrectly?

For the Leech ability, what do you mean by "points"? I think that stealing 1 point of health or 1 point of shield would be pretty useless. If it was stronger, or I mis-interpreted, I can definitely see this as a must-have.

Sentinel would have health but no shield wile in Wireframe and it would regenerate based on the timespan needed for its full ressurection. So a Sentinel that gets Hit wile ressurection will not ressurect at full health. Since it doesnt attack wile ressurecting, it would not draw agro and be directly targeted but still being affected by area damage.

Players can always stay in the back line of fire or seek shelter wile his Sentinel is recovering.

As for the Leech, if the target has Shield, it will leech shield, if the target has health, it will leech health. If the target has shield but its depleted, it will leach health and stop that target from regenerating shield wile taking damage from the leeches.

Edited by BiancaPony

Great suggestion! I like these mods. Like Unlimits already mentioned the numbers might be up/op, but i guess that's up to DE. They will tweak the numbers, the idea behind is really cool.

About that package for the wireframe: What if this just let the sentinel come back as a ghost or something, not able to shoot/use abilitys but beeing invincible (and no target for the mobs anymore). The sentinel would be useless for the rest of the mission, but still level up.

I'm not sure if the sentinel levels up when he's gone, if he does anyway forget this point.

All really good suggestions, especially the sentinel resurrection and health regen ideas.

At the very least, a heallth regen mod would make leaps and bounds of improvement.

Perhaps my biggest pet peeve with the Sentinels right now is the fact that I feel like I need to babysit it when I am playing solo. The fact that most non-infested things, especially Corpus, seem to prioritize even a support Sentinel (no attacks equiped, just utilities) until I engage them often times makes it feel like the thing is just getting in the way, as I must take cover in situations where I otherwise would not have to (like going on a melee frenzy vs mid level enemies) if I want my Sentinel to not lose health. 

That they do not heal themselves means that everything I do must be so that its shields don't drop and it loses health (which it will not recover for the rest of the mission unless I am playing my Trinity warframe, and even then it is very tedious to heal a Sentinel when I cannot even see its health without using a wall).

It is a gameplay paradox:

1) I'm slowing down because of my Sentinel's relatively low survivability, thus with the tedium of adjusting my gameplay to keep it alive, it becomes a hindrance.

2) Yet I am better off with it by my side, therefore something that is supposed to make me stronger is actually better off slowing me down

Like I said, just a mod to let the Sentinel regenerate health on its own without requiring the player to equip the Rejuvenation artifact (again with the babysitting hindrance as I much prefer not having to equip an artifact solely for the sake of my Sentinel) would improve its gameplay considerably.

Also, there very much needs to be a way to see your own Sentinel's health, as it is incredibly tedious having to use a wall just to be able to get the right camera angle for this purpose. A sub-bar beneath the player's health/shield bar on the group panel would be fine, so that the entire group can see it.

Corect me if im wrong guys, but is Wyrm Crowd Dispersion bugged or does it work corectly?

I use a Shade, but like the title of the article says, all sentinels need love, so... did they fix the crowd dispersion or its still useless?

Edited by Desauron

Beyond adding health and shields for the Sentinel in your HUD like you should've done in the first place, DE.
I would like to see these mods usable for any Sentinel and not just specific ones.
I have 2 mod slots in my Shade that are empty and just sitting there, but you keep making mods for practically everything else.
Unless I have all my pistol mods on my Shade's gun, it's useless offensively (I kinda expect that of a stealth oriented Sentinel, but hey).
The Sentinel is just there to look flashy right now, I don't care about it being there, I can do all the work myself.

Corect me if im wrong guys, but is Wyrm Crowd Dispersion bugged or does it work corectly?

I use a Shade, but like the title of the article says, all sentinels need love, so... did they fix the crowd dispersion or its still useless?

Last time i used the Wyrm, his Crowd Control mod was already kinda bugged. I did very low damage and didnt stun anything, that being the mod on max rank. Not shure if they fixed anything.

Try unequiping the Warrior Mod and taking it near some mob to test the skill.

I would like to see these mods usable for any Sentinel and not just specific ones.

They have to be specific for each one so players have to work farming the mod specific for their favorite Sentinel, becouse each one of those functions diferently and specificly for their respective Sentinels and to prevent players from being able to throw in more then one at the same time in a single Sentinel.

Im quite shure someone will come up with more Sentinel Mods to fill in those Blanks.

Crowd Dispersion proc's on Corpus Ceiling Turrets (usually when they are non-damageable) and sometimes on cameras, but can't kill a camera, even at high ranks.  Wouldn't surprise me if its targeting only looks at "level with the Sentinel and above it" making everything else, except the occasional Osprey/Shield Drone an invalid target.

As far as the mods go, make a passive health regen mod, an active shield leech mod (leeches some shields from the warframe when its shields go do if any available.  Its a mod, if you don't want your sentinel leeching your shields, don't install it), and one to allow it to shut down its weapon to start recharging its shields even while under fire (recharges a flat amount equal to 100% of its shield value [Meaning damage taken while recharging will cause it to have less then 100% shields when its done], 30sec cooldown, recharge rate at first rank is equal to its normal recharge, increases by ~20% per rank up).

And, while were at it, lets add extra weapon options for our Sentinels.  Dethcube can get a beam style laser rifle (Cause what kind of a Dethcube doesn't have a Death Ray?), Wyrm can get a shotgun, and the ghost can get a sniper style weapon (Styled like a Latron probably).

Dont think anyone will want Sentinels draining their own shields wich makes your mod suggestion kinda pointless. There is no way to control sentinels actions to make an activatable skill for it and the current skill mods are already prefurable, also, there is already the quick deflection mod for sentinels that buffs its shield regen, adding another shield regen mod would make it useless.

As for the Sentinel Weapons, i do agree the current ones could get new weapons that players could choose for them but the Laser Rifle would have to be for the Wyrm and not for the DethCube since the Wyrm is the one who uses energy weapons and the Cube is projectil based. He already has a death ray anyways, thats what Vaporize serves for.