Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You should not have to wear the sigil to rank up Conclave.

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

It's been a pet peeve of mine for a while now... I really don't get the need to have a dedicated Conclave Sigil that's required to acquire XP in a game mode with only one PVP syndicate ?

Now, if there were many PVP syndicates to choose from, I would totally understand the need for sigils, but there's litterally no reason to enforce the "no sigil, no XP" thing in the current iteration of Warframe's PVP. If you could just make Conclave sigils cosmetic and give everyone XP, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple arguments why it makes no sense in it's current iteration.

1 - Most people stumble into PVP, wanting to try it out. They do a couple of matchs, only to finally notice they did not acquire any XP whatsoever for some reason. That alone has the potential to piss off newcomers who feel like they just wasted their time with no payoff, no progression.

2 - The fact that a player has to figure out that he needs to visit relays, talk to Teshin, do an initiation rite which costs materials, then equip a sigil to start amassing XP in a PVP mode isn't exactly something that's intuitive, or that makes much sense. Sure, people are familiar with PVE syndicates, but you can do your initiation from your liset in those... And it's much more logical and intuitive.

3 - Then there's the fact that most people already have three PVE syndicates, and often have their A-B-C slot dedicated to each respective PVE sigils... Meaning the PVP sigil has to have it's own dedicated slot, meaning you three PVE slots aren't enough if you enjoy PVP . It doesn't help that you cannot equip a PVP and a PVP syndicate sigil simultaneously on the same frame (Which would solve the issue)... Again, if we had A-B-C-D slots it would not be such a big deal, but in a game where most people have three syndicates maxed, it kinda sucks.

4 - The whole PVP sigil thing makes it tedious to try new frames in PVP, since you pretty much have to set them up with a sigil and then remember which A-B-C slot has said sigil on. There's the fact regular sigils don't appear in PVP either, making it feel strangely disconnected too.

In the end, I say just make it so that you earn PVP Xp by default by playing PVP. Keep Sigils as cosmetics to show you're good at PVP, and make it so that you can wear both PVP and PVE sigils at the same time.

If you absolutely most keep the conclave PVP sigil thingy for some reason, at least make it so that whenever a player is wearing a PVE sigil, it automatically gets morphed into a PVP sigil when you play conclave, that way players will be able to use their regular A-B-C setups on each of their 20+frames without worrying about not amassing XP.