Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The problem with low-geared players in late game content, and a potential solution

Letter13

2 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Really? This is the first I've heard of this. If this is true, then it's an... odd... decision on DE's part. I'm not sure why the two systems would have different rules regarding this. This would also explain why so many people ask for this on the forums.

Question: How else do you see MR 0 and 1s in Draco in pub matches? I thought they just get carried to unlock Ceres, then play Draco once to unlock it. I'd recently help new clan member unlocking planets and Akkad for credit farming and still work. Curious...must get to the bottom of this.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Question: How else do you see MR 0 and 1s in Draco in pub matches? I thought they just get carried to unlock Ceres, then play Draco once to unlock it. I'd recently help new clan member unlocking planets and Akkad for credit farming and still work. Curious...must get to the bottom of this.

On PC, taxis do not unlock nodes, so when I see this happen it's because they were taxied straight there. That, or they just worked through the starchart but haven't ranked up, which is something I plan on doing soon. On PS4 it may be different, however. I'll admit I'm skeptical, but it would explain a few things...

8 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

On PC, taxis do not unlock nodes, so when I see this happen it's because they were taxied straight there. That, or they just worked through the starchart but haven't ranked up, which is something I plan on doing soon. On PS4 it may be different, however. I'll admit I'm skeptical, but it would explain a few things...

They also may have been carried/taxi-ed through the starchart (going through nodes in order to unlock them) by higher-geared players, such that they have later nodes unlocked but never put in the work/effort to get gear that allows them to carry their weight in said nodes (due to being carried the whole way there, etc).

In-order for MR locks to work, there has to be a redistribution of resources, certain resources that are needed for a lot of equipment (o-cells/neural sensors/Control modules) only drop on certain planets (Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune) or the void,

• neural sensors are needed for most frames up to chroma, reactors and forma.
  • O-cells are needed for reactors, catalysts, most frames and forma.
  • Control modules are needed for most frame systems ( all except chroma, inaros, wukong, ivara and nehza) and catalysts.

those 3 resources alone would need to be redistributed to the lower planets or there needs to be more frequent resource alert missions on lower planets in-order to fill that gap.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

In-order for MR locks to work, there has to be a redistribution of resources, certain resources that are needed for a lot of equipment (o-cells/neural sensors/Control modules) only drop on certain planets (Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune) or the void,

• neural sensors are needed for most frames up to chroma, reactors and forma.
  • O-cells are needed for reactors, catalysts, most frames and forma.
  • Control modules are needed for most frame systems ( all except chroma, inaros, wukong, ivara and nehza) and catalysts.

those 3 resources alone would need to be redistributed to the lower planets or there needs to be more frequent resource alert missions on lower planets in-order to fill that gap.

A valid point, but I'd like to see this done anyway. Certain resources need to be easier to get early on.

4 hours ago, Letter13 said:

They also may have been carried/taxi-ed through the starchart (going through nodes in order to unlock them) by higher-geared players, such that they have later nodes unlocked but never put in the work/effort to get gear that allows them to carry their weight in said nodes (due to being carried the whole way there, etc).

Of course this is possible. But it's a LOT of work. We're talking about a veteran player re-doing the entire star chart just so his friend doesn't have to learn how to play. If someone wants to do this, a MR lock or ban on taxis won't change anything. That player could simply taxi the new guy to Draco/sechura and power-level him till he can rank up a couple times. It's never a good idea to degrade everyone's experience in an attempt to prevent unpreventable abuse.

This is why I said I might be convinced to support the idea of a solo-only "test node" but NOT an end to taxis or a MR lock.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

In-order for MR locks to work, there has to be a redistribution of resources,

Many people have pointed this out and it's a good point. I'd just like to point out, however, that this needs to happen anyway. Currently resources are very hard for new players to get until after they get a significant part of the star chart unlocked. One of the worst offenders is plastids. It is very hard to get these as a new player, and most of the taxis I received from my friends were specifically to get some.