Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Don't Think Trinity Prime Looks Like A Lobster

So I know Trinity Prime has a reputation as the "Lobster Tail" warframe. However, I think a quick observation will show this is not the case.

First, here is how Trinity Prime looks:

trinity-prime-warframe.jpg

Here is a hornet:

hornet-illustration_1500x1200.jpg

And here is a lobster:

fe%20iStock_000061948836_Medium.jpg?itok

In my opinion she looks more like a hornet. It's easier to see in game, but I couldn't find good pictures.  She has hornet "wings" on the side of her skirt, the "tail" comes to a point, like a hornet, instead of fanning into a lobster tail, the helmet looks much more like the hornet than the lobster, and the helmet also has "antennae." Her color scheme even lends itself to the hornet.

So there's my opinion. I don't get the logic behind why trinity would be a hornet, but I think that's the look they are going for.

Edited by (XB1)AnotherPotato
Spelling

28 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

She always looked more like the sacred Egyptian scarab to me. I mean, life and all...

I could see that opinion, if that's the case she's a bit too segmented for a scarab I think. Scarabs are a bit chunky compared to the lithe Trinity. I think she looks like a wasp, even if she is supposed to be a scarab.

115_9.jpg

People never said Trinity looked like a lobster, they only said her tail is part of a lobster.

Trinity prime tail is not round like a Wasps, and the tail is connected to her back fully, it doesn't have a segment like a wasps.

Edited by KJRenz

Lst time I checked wasps are fully connected to their abdomen.

Joking aside though. I didn't mean she was supposed to appear to be a hornet. I meant her armor was in the style of a hornet. Obviously an anatomically correct hornet armor would not work.

And I'm not really sure what your comment about being "round" is a reference to. If you mean it is hollow and open on the other side, that's because it is a skirt styled like a hornet, not a reproduction  of a hornet tale.

As you do point ut something i've noticed a few weeks ago about her and are absolutely right about her looking like a hornet.

The reason people referred to her as a Lobster is because vanilla trinity looked like a female humanoid lobster. 

If you would so kindly look with me

Spoiler

lobster.png

Edited by Shad0wWatcher

On 6/18/2016 at 6:02 PM, Shad0wWatcher said:

As you do point ut something i've noticed a few weeks ago about her and are absolutely right about her looking like a hornet.

The reason people referred to her as a Lobster is because vanilla trinity looked like a female humanoid lobster. 

If you would so kindly look with me

Hide contents

lobster.png

That's fair :) I don't actually have regular Trinity. I think the original idea was to look like this:

victorian.contest.16.jpg

Edited by (XB1)AnotherPotato