Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

saryn ult

alonu726

Question

7 answers to this question

Her Ult is good for reducing enemy armor. Contrary to what you're thinking, Sayrn isn't a "nuke" frame, she's a DoT frame. Focus on her Spore ability and bring a weapon that has AoE (my personal favorite is Mutilist Cernos modded for gas) and her spores will spread. Use Molt and Toxic Lash to really spread the damage around as enemies will shoot molt, which you can put spores on, and you can pop spores with a good melee buffed with toxic lash. Use her ult when there are a lot of enemies with either toxin or viral damage to get that "nuke" feel, or save it for when things get crowded.

• Miasma deals an additional 100% damage to enemies affected by either Toxin b Toxin or Viral b Viral status effects and an additional 200% damage to enemies affected by both.
  • Miasma will detonate Molt if its within range, and Molt's explosion will occur before Miasma's first instance of damage. Miasma's damage will be increased depending on the percentage of Molt's lost hitpoints when detonated and depending on Power Strength.
  • Miasma's first instance of damage occurs upon initiation, and the succeeding damage ticks occur in one-second intervals. For non-integer durations, the final reduced damage tick will occur within a fraction of a second of the previous tick. Miasma inflicts a total of 1000 / 1100 / 1200 / 1400 Corrosive b Corrosive damage over its duration.

-> Proc everything with viral and/or toxin -> cast Molt -> cast Miasma -> watch everything around dissolve.

Or simply just use Spore with Toxic Lash and Regenerative Molt to destroy everything.

Edited by Ayoshi

Cast Molt, put Spores on your Molt (reduced cost for casting on Molt), detonate Molt by casting it again. This also detonates the spores, and with a max range build most enemies on whatever map you happen to be playing will very quickly become proc'd with both toxin and viral. Then Miasma does 3x damage, plus more if your Molt is in range.

Saryn can still demolish in Draco, and anywhere else, but you can no longer rely on building her just for Misama nuking.

Build her for Duration, Range, and Strength. You'll need all three to make her an effective killer with Spores, Molt, Toxic Lash and Miasma. 

Then make sure to account for the amount of energy using all those abilities will drain. Flow (or primed), Streamline (or primed), energy restores, or an EV Trinity are all good options.

Typically, I hit as many targets with Spores as I can, cast Toxic Lash on my weapon, start spreading and popping spores. When everything is sufficiently covered, I hit Miasma to instant kill or stun (if the targets are high level).

Make sure to cast Molt, toss spores on the Molt clone and leave that area for attackers while you attack another location. Watch your Molt counter for when it expires or is destroyed for when you need to recast.

I do not run Regen. Molt. I don't like how how squishy she can be, but I didn't really like the amount of space it took up in the build. (Which is why I sacrifice the extra strength for Vitality.) Other than that, I keep mobile and watch my surroundings as best I can and tend to do alright.

I run Draco, and Void, with this Saryn build. Let's call it Build A:

d68fa820ac084de5b294069b7685ad7d.png

These are my ability changes with those mods:

4298e63afee04df0ae7a11e189746951.png

And these are some of my Void run results in T4 Defense:

ec6b543f17114075aecbd865dc201945.png099528b428bc496bb36a352fe52b1f70.png

My weapon of choice:

23134cf60cbb40b19c27415521af2d43.png

I prefer the Hikou because of it's speed and lethality. (I used to use Penta, loved it. Moved to Ignis, it's okay. Tonkor, great, but I lose attack speed. I love the Ogris but it's so damn slow.)

You could probably do well with just a Hikou, too. (Doesn't have to be primed.)

What I want to try next is removing Vitality and placing Transient Fortitude in for these ability changes (better damage numbers, slightly less duration):

7aa38c021b804e4d8dce3c673ea2cbaf.pngf8697b8fbddd487f9cb99e1f6588f46b.png

You don't have to have all these mods. You can start with their non-primed equivalents, or non-corrupted equivalents, or any mods that help you achieve similar stats. The key is Duration, Range, Strength and keeping your power costs low, or your power pool high.

Don't forget to forma when you need to. It's critical on both Saryn and your weapons.

Good luck, Tenno.

(P.S. As noted above by another Tenno, casting Miasma on a Spored Molt is good, too. I don't tend to detonate Molt to do more damage, though. *shrug*)

Edited by Rhekemi

Man, I have to say, it is refreshing to see some people that still really love to use Saryn post-rework.  These look like some excellent builds!! :-)

Thank you guys for helping alonu726 out with these!  

I absolutely love the Mutalist Cernos as well!  It is also my favorite weapon with the Toxic Goddess! (Curious if any of you have tried this + Thunderbolt and how that works with popping spores?) 

One other question for you guys! Does anyone here actually use the toxic lash augment "Contagion Cloud" in any of their Saryn builds? 

As far as I know, gas clouds deal dmg over time and are supposed to continually proc toxin, but I've been noticing that this augment is one exception.  It seems to only do toxin "damage" in the clouds that melee kills create.  

Now, I know the base ability toxic lash allows you to pop spores to regain some energy, and also procs toxin on each hit.  If it is actually intended for the gas cloud created from her augment to "not" proc any toxin from the gas cloud, I'm kind of failing to see the point in using it for anything other than a "spore I may have missed" popper, which makes me sad about the augment.  

I pulled the following from the wiki:

Contagion Cloud - (Toxic Lash Augment)

• Contagion Cloud is a Warframe Augment Mod for Saryn that makes melee kills made with Toxic Lash leave behind a gas cloud that deals damage to enemies within it for 12 seconds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above was all the info they really had on it.

I find it strange that it does not say the 12 second duration is moddable either.  I will have to test this.

Aside from that, does anyone use this augment for any reason (even if it's something cool and fun - but not really necessary?)   

I guess I'm failing to see much of a point for it since Toxic Lash is doing most of what is needed by itself.  If the gas clouds pop spores that are left behind, I guess that's ok? But unless its transferring some type of damage to spores which can be stacked like other toxin procs, I'm really failing to see any reason to use this mod.  

I suppose it would be kind of cool and fun to just leave extra gas clouds around to deal additional damage, but as it stands, I am leaving tons of gas clouds around and there is usually nothing left to even walk into the gas clouds.  :-(

Thank you guys in advance!!

Incidentally, I just bought that mod tonight/several hours ago/before your question. It was only T2 D so it's hard to tell how well it worked. I took out my Primed Flow and Vitality/Transient Fortitude to run Regen. Molt and Contagion Cloud. Left my Hikou Prime (btw, their accuracy is great for range, too, to the point that I rarely switch to primary unless I need the stopping power) at home and brought two unranked primary and secondary weapons to level.

My reasoning was I was going to be doing all my killing at close range (and trying melee-only Saryn, get some of that resistance...something I do NOT do [melee only with her that is]). Jat Kittang, low level enemies and the only people who wanted to join my host were welcome (but were well below my level): I couldn't actually tell how much extra damage I was doing since I was doing practically all of it.

My energy color didn't seem that...bright...until the clouds were popping up. They didn't seem to last 12 seconds to me, but maybe they did. 

I hoped the clouds would give me close quarters CC while I was wailing on mobs, as long as I didn't give them any range on me. I could Spore at range like always, and use Molt and Miasma to do some ranged killing (decided to detonate Molt as described above) more frequently. 

51% of the team's damage, while my two squad mates pulled 25/24. We pulled out at 20.

I'd have to try it at a higher level (and see if I can use the tips you posted above to make the clouds bigger), and use it in the Sim in the relay. For my first time using the augment, it seemed effective (but due to the level of enemies and my allies, I don't know how effective).

And yeah, I do like the reworked Saryn. It's a valiant effort to try and balance a kit that was effectively a one, two at the most, trick pony for many of us (including me--all I used before the rework was 3 and 4). I only hope other reworks will be as good.

Will pay more attention to it later when I try again. (I picked up the mod for 10 p.)

Hope that helps any.

Edited by Rhekemi