Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Small Clans Add A Member Cap

me2pl

Why don´t you just add something like a barrak or a Sleephallway in the Dojo-Construction. So you would be able to let the Clan size itself. "You want a 10 man clan? No problem just build a small barrak." or "A 200 man clan? After x little barraks you can build medium and large barraks and scale this thing up!"

The main fun for me to be in a clan jet is to build the dojo up, cause the construction-set is really facinating. You can use it to regulate it the same way you ´ve done it with energy- and logisticpoints. Also you would be able to lock/unlock certain other things for clans and members like buffs, Void lvl, blueprints, etc.

This is a great opportunity to allow player in later development to get their own rooms, too. ;) 

As Steve said, this feature is already being developed, but they have not set a release date. So to increase a clan cap you'll need to build an upgrade building.  

CONSTRUCTION COSTS: Sorry about how this turned out, slapping "Alpha" on it was not enough. Soon the size of your clan will affect the crafting costs (duh). To grow a Shadow Clan to a River Clan (and beyond) will require building a new structure to increase the capacity. Connector pieces will be adjusted in cost. Large clans will not feel a ton of difference. It will make all the difference for small ones. This will not be a linear curve, larger group of more active players will be able to build faster but it won't be such a ridiculous gap.

You are confusing a party with a clan. 4 players is not a clan, it's a party. You can found a clan with 4 people, but you will still only have a party. It's like having ten soldiers and calling it an army. Don't make much sense. And it's really not the gaming industry, it's the gamers. Large clans/guilds etc. are something people want. When Firefall limited their "armies" to 20 members, people flipped tables. Groups of 150++ people were suddenly not able to join up with each other - and Firefall peaks at five people per squad.

Also, again, expecting a tiny group to achieve the same things as a large group is grossly disproportionate to manhours and effect. Of course DE will make compromises and take steps to be more accomodating for small clans. But still, insisting that 5 people should get what 500 get, at a comparable speed, is just not fair or even appropriate. We will see what DE comes up with.

What the heck are you smoking?!?  Did you even play FireFall ever during this year?  Seriously, there was no point most of the time to being in the same army as 2000 others or even 100 other players since most people went to "XP Valley to lame farm and lame grind their way through what steadily became what is today a very boring game.  Oh, and FireFall doesn't peak at five people per squad unless I was cheating when I had myself and 5 other friends in the same squad (that's 6 total).

But you know what, this game isn't FireFall, and I don't care about that lame game.  It got boring and $&*&*#(%& with their revamp of the crafting system and I left before I wasted even a single penny on them.  This game is Warframe.

Now, as for there being no such thing as a 10 person army, well, what do you call the knights of the round table?  A jolly group of nobles?

If I invade a land and they only let 10 soldiers in. 10 soldiers are the army.

as you can't enter anything in the game with more than 4 ppl, I don't see the point calling the MAXIMUM amount of players in one area not clan (except dojo).

besides farming resources for the dojo, there is no difference in the game whether you team up with 4 or 400 ppl.

and as someone mentioned in another thread, being in a few hundred member clan, doesn't give you a "clan feeling", but just being part of a huge horde of anonymous random ppl.

People only want 100+ member clans, because they get clear advantages of reaching stuff sooner than others.

But i highly doubt, people really enjoy being in a 200 person clan more than in a smaller, let's say around 20 people, clan, where all the people actually communicate with each other.

And having 150 vs 150 people fights is something else, cause as we all know, the maximum here is still 4ppl

In all fairness, and with all due respect, you are starting to make assumption and project aswell as being unreasonable. There are players who pride themselves in being part of large clans, and there are players who forego personal recognition over the glory of the whole. You don't have to agree with them, but saying "they only do it for the clantech" and "no one wants to be in such a clan" is just inaccurate and also quite elitst of you. I have no qualms with people preferring other structures, but looking down upon them is not necessary. In your case, it seems to be such a deeply rooted perception, you may not even be aware how disrespectful your point of view could be. Maybe check that again.

The topic is not about how large clans have no reason to exist and are only a thing because of clantech. Not liking what others like is everyone's prerogative, but automatically assuming that things one doesn't like are bad is a dangerous stance to have. The topic is "helping small clans" - and add member caps. Member caps are coming in a few weeks, and small clans will receive help. Does that mean that every small clan will be able to build a Dojo in a week? Probably not. A group of 4 will still take longer than a group of 40. They have lower manhours and input potential, and even a system with compromises based on the tiers will only be able to accomodate so much variance.

What the heck are you smoking?!?

I highly suggest a shift in tone. Until then, I am not indulging in any sort of debate with you.

We just want it to be possible to build a dojo without having 500 members whom we don't even know.

Deffo working on that. That plea has been heard and will be addressed as soon as the code is out and as exploit-safe as possible.

It realy depends on the costs of the shadow clan at the end of the day and the numbers of active players that DE consider will be part of that.  By active I mean play reasonably often and regularly contribue to the dojo.

From their comments about the clans I'd guess they will be looking at about 25%-40% of members as active, so a shadow clan may look at being around 10-15 active members.  If pricing is set up for those kinds of numbers it means the costs wont typically be out of reach for smaller clans (as the current one effectivly are now).  Typically speaking I suspect any clan of less than about 15 members the vast majority of them would be considered active members, so they shoudnt have too much issue getting somewhere.

Clans of 3-4 members may be possible but expect to do allot of work to get a functional dojo (the basics for research and nothing else) if you are wanting to stay that small.

At the end of the day it is what can be considered achievable for a clan of any size within the life of the game.

Very happy with changes. I see no point in capping it globally that way rather than a much better system of tiering. Many people have size preferences. Its not size but how you use it. Glad to see it being properly balanced out and I hope the mess that came from releasing it into the wild gave the feedback they needed to overhaul it so thoroughly.

I, as a member of yet another 3 person clan, would just quickly like to throw our situation in here. Which would there be that we have no problem whatsoever with the current prices. We are taking it slow and celebrating every single percent on our first corridor. It is a pretty cool thing in my opinion, being forced to really work for something in a game. Makes the reward all the sweeter.

Not to start any arguments with anyone here though. I understand that most people want to actually see some results within this life or the next. Just sharing my clan's viewpoint on all of this.

I, as a member of yet another 3 person clan, would just quickly like to throw our situation in here. Which would there be that we have no problem whatsoever with the current prices. We are taking it slow and celebrating every single percent on our first corridor. It is a pretty cool thing in my opinion, being forced to really work for something in a game. Makes the reward all the sweeter.

Not to start any arguments with anyone here though. I understand that most people want to actually see some results within this life or the next. Just sharing my clan's viewpoint on all of this.

We finally finished our first connector and are feeling pretty proud.

Also started the reactor room a couple days ago too.

Only at 38%, but not too shabby for only 3 of us.

four person clan here as well it is kind of depressing to see that even after a month of being active we still have only reached 75% on our tconector and 56% on our reactor 

i am glad to hear that changes will be made i just hope that the changes are ones which will mean a clan of 4-10 wont need to take 6 months just to get somewhere decent.