Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't I get an omega kubrow?

(PSN)Paytzilla7272

Question

Hi, I've been trying to get omega bulky kubrow for about two months now and I have done about 9 or 10 incubations from two of the same omega bulky imprints each time and I'm sure that each set of imprints has been omega. The problem is, each time the kubrow comes out as a non-bulky. I have wondered for a few days now if "omega" is an actual trait that comes from the imprints and I just have gotten that small chance of it not turning out as an omega, or if RNG being what gives a kubrow its height is playing into how people get omegas. So, to wrap it up, is omega a trait in a kubrow or is it just a term that someone made up one day to make more plat off of imprints?

16 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

This answer ^^.

There is no such thing as "Omega", it's a term that people invent to get better prises. Bulky/muscular/fat is the one you are looking for.

Imprints give you a percentge to get a kubrow similar to the one with the imprint, it include gender, color pattern and breed, but not the size. When incubating a kubrow from imprints it's never 100% to get the exact kubrow.

So when u say that the imprints give me a percentage of the kubrow's traits and that it won't give me that exact kubrow, do u mean that I have a higher chance to get the height of the imprints?

13 minutes ago, ashrah said:

omega type not exist ppl use that term to amp price....  we have only bulky...that is biggest kuby u can get

This answer ^^.

There is no such thing as "Omega", it's a term that people invent to get better prises. Bulky/muscular/fat is the one you are looking for.

Imprints give you a percentge to get a kubrow similar to the one with the imprint, it include gender, color pattern and breed, but not the size. When incubating a kubrow from imprints it's never 100% to get the exact kubrow.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Paytzilla7272 said:

Hi, I've been trying to get omega bulky kubrow for about two months now and I have done about 9 or 10 incubations from two of the same omega bulky imprints each time and I'm sure that each set of imprints has been omega. The problem is, each time the kubrow comes out as a non-bulky. I have wondered for a few days now if "omega" is an actual trait that comes from the imprints and I just have gotten that small chance of it not turning out as an omega, or if RNG being what gives a kubrow its height is playing into how people get omegas. So, to wrap it up, is omega a trait in a kubrow or is it just a term that someone made up one day to make more plat off of imprints?

Omega is the tallest a kubrow can be. If u have 2 imprints of an omega it won't guarantee the new puppy to be an omega. Height of a kubrow is random. Also, omega  is just made up, it's just a word to describe the height 

10 minutes ago, Sweaty_Pleb said:

Omega is the tallest a kubrow can be. If u have 2 imprints of an omega it won't guarantee the new puppy to be an omega. Height of a kubrow is random. Also, omega  is just made up, it's just a word to describe the height 

So if the pup isn't guaranteed to be an omega, will I at least have a greater chance of getting one from having two of the same omega imprint?

9 hours ago, (PS4)Paytzilla7272 said:

So when u say that the imprints give me a percentage of the kubrow's traits and that it won't give me that exact kubrow, do u mean that I have a higher chance to get the height of the imprints?

No, it won't. Nothing with imprints is guaranteed, especially the height. You won't have better chances to get a kubrow with this height.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Paytzilla7272 said:

So if the pup isn't guaranteed to be an omega, will I at least have a greater chance of getting one from having two of the same omega imprint?

There are more than a few "guides" or posts about breeding. You should probably read them if you are truly interested in the whole concept. God knows it would have saved you some plat at this juncture in time.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Paytzilla7272 said:

don't ask ,just try. Everyone here believed it is all equally random like everything in the game until some guy decided to post datamined result(well, no one datamined the % of how omega imprint affect your kubrow used by it). If you believed omega imprint provide you a higher chance, you should just follow your own belief. Trust me, no one in the thread has a source that has DE clarify on that because if there is, someone will shove the source up this thread.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Paytzilla7272 said:

Hi, I've been trying to get omega bulky kubrow for about two months now and I have done about 9 or 10 incubations from two of the same omega bulky imprints each time and I'm sure that each set of imprints has been omega. The problem is, each time the kubrow comes out as a non-bulky.

If you are breeding two bulky prints then you will get a bulky puppy.  That is 100% certain.

As mentioned, "Omega" is referring to size and size is always 100% random.  Size is never stored in the prints so you can't buy an "Omega" from prints.

So, if you want an "Omega" bulky dog, breed puppies until you get the dog (color, breed, body type, markings) at any size that you want.  Make two prints from that puppy.

Breed those two prints and check the size.  If he's not the size you want, make the two prints from that dog and breed them again.  

In my experience, it usually takes five or six breeding to get Omega size.  Again, size is always random.

42 minutes ago, Sweaty_Pleb said:

I would think having 2 omega imprints would higher the chance of it being an omega. In my personal experience, Everytime I breeded 2 omega prints the puppy always came out as an omega 

That is the "tricky" thing about RNG, it can be streaky or convenient. Until you have a large enough sample size you are just making guesses when other variables are involved.

The reality is, the only people who would truly want you to believe there is a better chance than "RNG" are the people who want to make plat off the imprints. It is just something else to make their product more attractive, even if it doesn't have a real impact (yay advertising), to drive up the perceived value.

Edited by (XB1)Skylancer4

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skylancer4 said:

That is the "tricky" thing about RNG, it can be streaky or convenient. Until you have a large enough sample size you are just making guesses when other variables are involved.

The reality is, the only people who would truly want you to believe there is a better chance than "RNG" are the people who want to make plat off the imprints.

Well I have breed 7 pairs of omega imprints and each time it was an omega, however I gave my friend the omega imprints and I'm pretty sure his came out medium size. I do feel like there is a higher chance though 

Hold off on breeding, the new changes should drastically speed up the process so you can power through the pubs to get what you want. (guessing a week or two before the changes come out, but it is coming with the next big update specters of the rail)